Out-of-warranty repairs for iPhone 6 runs up to $299, iPhone 6 Plus up to $399

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    galore2112 wrote: »
    We've had the original iPhone, two 3Gs, two 4, one 5 and now two 6 in our household. The 5 needed a new screen. $50 from Amazon.

Never bought AppleCare, never will. Saved 8x AppleCare so far.

Good for you. I'd highly recommend not citing your experience as the way to go. Having replaced complete logic boards on iBooks, Macbooks and more spending on AppleCare is a no brainer.

Then again people will spend $300-$500 for a case on a phone that still shatters only to find out they should have bought AppleCare.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

In what capacity?

128GB

• Reply 43 of 46
    I wonder if Apple Plans on creating a new Apple Care plan for people who are on plans like Edge in which they'll be upgrading every year? I only plan on having my phone for 1 year, the same period of time covered under the warranty.
  • Reply 44 of 46
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TechManMike View Post

I wonder if Apple Plans on creating a new Apple Care plan for people who are on plans like Edge in which they'll be upgrading every year? I only plan on having my phone for 1 year, the same period of time covered under the warranty.

Why would they?

If you get a new iPhone, just cancel your AppleCare Plus and get a prorated refund...

• Reply 45 of 46
    Interesting that a screen replacement is only $109. However, if you spend $99 for AppleCare, you still have to pay $79 for a deductible for accidental damage Twice. 

So, if you didn't buy AppleCare and broke your screen twice, it would cost you $218...

So it only 109$ + shipping if I don't have the apple care to replace my screen?
  • Reply 46 of 46
    So. It does only cost 109$ + shipping and tax to replace the iPhone 6 screen? Or would it cost the out of warranty price?