Video demonstrates reported iPhone 6 Plus bending issues

Comments

• Reply 101 of 543
    6+ fits better in my FRONT pocket than my Dad wallet
  • Reply 102 of 543
    djsherlydjsherly Posts: 1,031member

Shut up and go away, since it’s apparently OKAY for TROLLS to not have their posts deleted.

So shut up and sell it.

So shut up and sell it. Metal bends. No amount of money can stop that.

“Take care of your possessions, morons.” –Tim Cook, Sent from my iPhone

Shut up.

No one cares what a concern troll thinks.

Shut up and go away.

You’re not going to act like a complete buffoon by bending your phone? Wow, what a concept.

Trolls - I don't think that word means what you think it means.

I've already decided I'm not getting a 6+. Not for bendgate, but because it's too big.

However, we all harp about design. How good Apple is at it (and they are). But surely the use cases for a device, in this case, a phone, feed into the design choices? I reckon this is Apple bowing to the market. In my opinion, something this thin for its size is not meant to be a mobile phone. It's slippery and doesn't have a nice balance to it. Mobile devices should be designed in anticipation of the environment in which they operate - of which there are many. Is not a museum piece and it shouldn't have to be treated as one.

In that respect its a design fail. To me at least.
  • Reply 103 of 543

It's not the phone's fault if the owner treats it like a pocket comb. This is not magic; its physics.

I carry my 6+ in the inner pocket of my sportscoat. As long as I do not participate in contact football in the office, the phone should survive nicely.

If you want to drive a dune buggy, don't buy a Lexus. Sheesh!

• Reply 104 of 543
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member

They should make the iPhone 7 Plus cylindrical: seven inches long and six inches in circumference.

(Cue comments like: "Why would I want people to think I have two phones?")

;) 

• Reply 105 of 543
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    The question is ... does yours bend to the left or bend to the right? Just get your pants tailored correctly. :D

But seriously where are the Youtube videos of people bending Scamsungcrap? Come on people, you can do it.
  • Reply 106 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Shut up and go away, since it’s apparently OKAY for TROLLS to not have their posts deleted.

So shut up and sell it.

Shut up.

Shut up and go away.

You’re not going to act like a complete buffoon by bending your phone? Wow, what a concept.

LMAO! Did Tim Cook really say that? If he did I'm going to LOVE HIM!!!!

• Reply 107 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So shut up and sell it.

Shut up.

Shut up and go away.

I would have thought in some way you would have felt vindicated. I remember your signature saying something along the lines of if there is a 5.5 iPhone their shouldn't be. I have a feeling history will prove that you were corrected. 

• Reply 108 of 543
    ibeam wrote: »
    Except a holster totally conflicts with fastening an automobile seat belt. So when you get in the car you have to take off the holster and remember to put it back on later. You do have one thing right though..."this phone should never go in your pocket." Maybe it should be treated like an iPad mini and just carry it around.

I would go out on a limb and say most people take their phone out of their pocket anyway when they get in the car so I don't see how this is any different. If that wasn't the case then we wouldn't have all these texting issues now would we? My partner carries his phone in his pocket, and I've badgered him about it for years now. But, every time he gets in the car he takes it out of his pocket so that he can plug it in to the car charger. So having said that, whether you're taking it out of your pocket or taking it off your belt I don't see the difference.
  • Reply 109 of 543
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    tyancy wrote: »
    Un buh LEEV able.

This is a thinly milled-out aluminum shell just over a quarter inch thick and six and a quarter inches long. It is not made from stainless steel.

What the holy HECK is it doing in someone's pants pocket?

(My sister sat on her MacBook Air and bent it. What was it doing the driver's seat?)

No way is Apple responsible for someone's lack of common sense.

It's not about putting the phone in your pants pocket. Everybody does that. But you certainly don't sit down with the phone in your back pocket. And I can't see how the 5.5" device would be comfortable in tighter front pockets. And with looser pockets like dress slacks or khakis I have a hard time believing the phone will bend if you're sitting down. You'd have to be applying a significant amount of pressure in just the right spot which then leads me back to my comment about it not being comfortable and most people aren't going to stick the phone in their front pocket if it's not comfortable. Rene Ritchie tweeted that he's had his iPhone in his front pocket for hours at a time and no bend in sight.
  • Reply 110 of 543

"Snap, Crackle

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadarTheKat View Post

One wonders how a plastic Samsung large screen phone would fare with the same amount of pressure at the point where it's button cutouts reside. Plastic is also quite malleable.

Snap, Crackle, Pop!

• Reply 111 of 543
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    mpantone wrote: »
    They should make the iPhone 7 Plus cylindrical: seven inches long and six inches in circumference.

;)

I thought I saw where you were going with that till you got to the circumference ... and only 7", really?
  • Reply 112 of 543
    Originally Posted by djsherly View Post

Trolls - I don't think that word means what you think it means.

It means exactly what I know it means.

• Reply 113 of 543
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mpantone View Post

(Cue comments like: "Why would I want people to think I have two phones?")

;) 

If they did that I would have to try and suck it. Then we'd have throat gate. 

• Reply 114 of 543
    A lot of this is common sense. Why would you put a thin aluminum large phone in your pocket without a sturdy case??? A case will solve this problem or get a holster for it. Now let's watch something that is basic common sense turn into a situation blown out of proportion by the critics
  • Reply 115 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlor View Post

People keep saying this but where else are you supposed to keep it? Pardon my lack of imagination...

You keep a 6+ in your purse.... just like any other feminine product....

• Reply 116 of 543

There are many who have plenty of room in your front pockets....you know who you are.

Its nice to know people are bending the phones at the Apple store. Absent a plastic film screen cover, full coverage safety goggles & leather gloves, the exploding glass & instant, bloody blindness should ID who just bought a phone the hard way, combined with store video.

The iPhone 6+ in a Defender Otter case, carried vertically in the holster on your belt should be safe. Do all the small stuff, even answer calls with the AppleWatch. Have a small bluetooth earpiece in your shirt pocket for extended calls. Just don't wear the bluetooth earpiece all the time; that's been done already. I think Apple recently patented earbuds that use your ear bone for sound. Maybe they'll look like tiny ear wicks the Feds use.

• Reply 117 of 543
    ibeamibeam Posts: 322member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RORWessels View Post

I would go out on a limb and say most people take their phone out of their pocket anyway when they get in the car so I don't see how this is any different. 

I never take my iPhone 5 out of my pocket to drive short distances. My everyday wear is Levis 501. No issues with the phone fitting, but I have noticed the front pocket area starts to wear out in the shape of the iPhone.

• Reply 118 of 543

Most of the Asian, who wants the 5.5 phones are tiny, and they wouldn't be putting this  phone in any pocket - They carry men purses or men shoulder slings! Ethnic pun not intended! This is the fact.

And like many folks mentioned here - iPhone 6+ is not a pant pocket phone!

• Reply 119 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ibeam View Post

Except a holster totally conflicts with fastening an automobile seat belt. So when you get in the car you have to take off the holster and remember to put it back on later.

Jesus.... have people lost all sense of coordination?

I used a holster for my iphone 4 and 5 for about 2 years... i was never faced with this disaster....

• Reply 120 of 543
    hjbhjb Posts: 278member

He uploaded bending test for Galaxy Note 3 an hour ago.