Video demonstrates reported iPhone 6 Plus bending issues

Comments

• Reply 121 of 543
    I have been looking for a reason to start wearing JNCO jeans again.

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/49428/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
  • Reply 122 of 543

People are sitting wrong :no:

• Reply 123 of 543

Now if it folded in half, it would be a flip phone!

• Reply 124 of 543
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lowepg View Post

You keep a 6+ in your purse.... just like any other feminine product....

LMAO!!!! Like the iPad? 

• Reply 125 of 543

Yeah.. i watched that...

He used a hell of a lot of force to get that thing to bend.

It fit's fine in MY front pants pockets.

RORWessels obviously has no understanding of physics.

• Reply 126 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by agramonte View Post

People are sitting wrong :no:

LMAO you guys are slaying me!

• Reply 127 of 543

I've owned a Note 3 for over a year and a 6 Plus since Friday. No bending problems with either one yet lol.

• Reply 128 of 543
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    As a new iPhone 6 Plus owner...I have to admit this is pretty troubling.  I imagine keeping your phone in a case SHOULD help with this situation, but for the price of the phone this is pretty unacceptable.  Hopefully Apple addresses this concern, soon, as I intend to carry my phone in my front pocket (pretty obviously). 

This may be cause for Apple to supply all plus owners with a free protective case to withstand the bend...

If they don't answer to this at all, I would be really shocked.  Especially considering the overwhelming number of people experiencing the issue.  I've been lucky enough not to yet, but I'm definitely not taking any risks. 
    Unacceptable? Did Apple tell people this phone pocketable? It's a Phablet for God sake. You chose to put it in your pocket and it's your own risk.
  • Reply 129 of 543
    ibeamibeam Posts: 322member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lowepg View Post

I used a holster for my iphone 4 and 5 for about 2 years... i was never faced with this disaster....

To each his own. I don't even wear a belt except with a suit, so I would never use a holster. Why would I if the phone fits in my pocket? That is Dork Dad fashion anyway.

• Reply 130 of 543
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by radster360 View Post

Most of the Asian, who wants the 5.5 phones are tiny, and they wouldn't be putting this  phone in any pocket - They carry men purses or men shoulder slings! Ethnic pun not intended! This is the fact.

And like many folks mentioned here - iPhone 6+ is not a pant pocket phone!

I put my phone in my pants pocket and it didn't bend. I'm not sure what other people are doing to force their phones into bending. 

• Reply 131 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ibeam View Post

To each his own. I don't even wear a belt except with a suit, so I would never use a holster. Why would I if the phone fits in my pocket? That is Dork Dad fashion anyway.

LMAO! You are wrong for that. ROTFL!

• Reply 132 of 543
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Hater
    Wonderful!

No way am I getting a Plus! Why did Apple make it? 

My next iPhone is now a 6 or a 5s.

I'm with the sorry band of Marvin and T.S. who say that the 5.5" shouldn’t exist.

To all the poor suckers who have ordered or bought a Plus: thank your lucky stars for warranties.
    ? Get lost, hater
  • Reply 133 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ibeam View Post

Fair point.

I just chose something that was functional- I wasn't trying to make a "fashion statement"

• Reply 134 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I'm not sure how anyone could comfortably put a 6 Plus in front jeans pockets. Cargo pants or maybe dress slacks with deep pockets is another story but if you have it in your front pocket and aren't sitting down I don't see how the phone dould bend. And I don't see how anyone could comfortably sit with this phone in their front pocket.

That is exactly what I was thinking - It would be very uncomfortable  to sit with any 5.5 phone in front jean pocket for a long time. Didn't anyone test this out with Samsung's phone? What is going to happen when Samsung comes out with their Mega, which is 6.2 inches? Secondly, everyone yelled and scream that Apple is going downhill as they don't have large screen phone. Now that they have one and it is breaking sales record, people are coming out with non practical stunts like this and suggesting Apple shouldn't have made this phone!

• Reply 135 of 543
    splifsplif Posts: 603member

That looked like more than moderate pressure. His hands were shaking at one point. Also notice the placement of his thumbs on the note.

• Reply 136 of 543
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member

Idiots- serves Apple right for copying Samsung. 

Except they should have used steel instead of aluminum. 

• Reply 137 of 543
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I've owned a Note 3 for over a year and a 6 Plus since Friday. Not bending problems with either one yet lol.
    Of course not. But I'm going to assume you're not intentionally trying to bend your phone.
  • Reply 138 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hjb View Post

He uploaded bending test for Galaxy Note 3 an hour ago.  

Wow, Samsung is going to have a field day with this one

• Reply 139 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kellya74u View Post

There are many who have plenty of room in your front pockets....you know who you are.

Its nice to know people are bending the phones at the Apple store. Absent a plastic film screen cover, full coverage safety goggles & leather gloves, the exploding glass & instant, bloody blindness should ID who just bought a phone the hard way, combined with store video.

The iPhone 6+ in a Defender Otter case, carried vertically in the holster on your belt should be safe. Do all the small stuff, even answer calls with the AppleWatch. Have a small bluetooth earpiece in your shirt pocket for extended calls. Just don't wear the bluetooth earpiece all the time; that's been done already. I think Apple recently patented earbuds that use your ear bone for sound. Maybe they'll look like tiny ear wicks the Feds use.

Seems like a lot of work just to use a phablet. Maybe just get a reasonably sized phone and lose all the extras is the right answer here.

• Reply 140 of 543

899064.jpg