Video demonstrates reported iPhone 6 Plus bending issues

Comments

• Reply 161 of 543
    First in response to some person on here that said I don't have any grasp of physics you're wrong, I actually have a very decent grasp of physics for the layperson. Having said that, didn't we have a similar issue with some other iPhone just like last year. Something about people putting them in their back pocket and crushing them and causing them to catch fire or something. If I remember correctly I think it was the iPhone 5c but I could be wrong but I definitely remember hearing something about iPhones or some other phones on the market catching fire because of them being put in the pocket whether it was the front pocket or back pocket I don't remember. Again I still don't think that a cell phone should ever be placed in your pocket but people are going do whatever they're going to do and no matter how much sense you try and make people just aren't going to listen.
  • Reply 162 of 543
    adonissmu wrote: »
    agramonte wrote: »

Wow, Samsung is going to have a field day with this one
    Apple is going to get some heat for this now.

Yep.

For creating this bendy phablet, Apple is going to be feeling the pressure. ????
  • Reply 163 of 543
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,102member
    Then don't put the phone in your pocket, problem solved!
  • Reply 164 of 543
    gatorguy wrote: »
    ibeam wrote: »
    Except a holster totally conflicts with fastening an automobile seat belt. So when you get in the car you have to take off the holster and remember to put it back on later. You do have one thing right though..."this phone should never go in your pocket." Maybe it should be treated like an iPad mini and just carry it around.

Perfectly OK to put the iPhone 6+ in your jeans pocket (even skinny jeans) as shown in a video posted up by DED here at AI a few days ago.
    [VIDEO]

He's only standing up. Sitting down will potentially exert a great force on the iPhone.
  • Reply 165 of 543
    ibeamibeam Posts: 322member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Perfectly OK to put the iPhone 6+ in your jeans pocket (even skinny jeans) as shown in a video posted up by DED here at AI a few days ago

I watched it before but he did not sit down, drive a car, walk around, just standing. That did not seem like a real world use test, just quick, it fits, and that is it. I still think it would be too big for practical use or comfort with my 501's. Heck my iPhone 5 is sort of borderline.

• Reply 166 of 543
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Yep.

For creating this bendy phablet, Apple is going to be feeling the pressure. ????

I just hope they don't buckle and respond to it publicly...

Christ, they bend over backwards to make people happy that were bitching for a bigger phone and this is what they get for their efforts...

I suspect they will get the kinks out of the release and in a few weeks, no one will remember the whole issue...

• Reply 167 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

LOLOLOL

Is that where yours went?

The 10x6 inch version

• Reply 168 of 543
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,095member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mejsric View Post

The small 5s also bent. How much more this thin 5.5 iPhone 6+

Why do hell this people put huge phone on thier back pocket?

Because jackasses believe it's always better to blame someone else for their own stupidity than to accept that they should not treat piece of sensitive electronics like it's a slab of solid diamond.

Unbelievable the amount of whining there is about this.  It's a non-issue.  

• Reply 169 of 543
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

Then don't put the phone in your pocket, problem solved!

Mae West:  "Is that an iPhone 6 plus in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Anyone who would put this phone in their jeans - skinny or otherwise- is asking for it. It's strictly meant for a manny purse which is while I'll never get one.  

• Reply 170 of 543
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ibeam View Post

My everyday wear is Levis 501.

Same here, you'll be pleased to know the iPhone 6 fits very well.

• Reply 171 of 543
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Apple is going to get some heat for this now.

Isn't the first time, won't be the last. Bottom line is if the phone easily bends then Apple has a real problem on its hands. But if it's just the media overreacting to a video where someone is iintentionally trying to break the phone then I think it will blow over.

I must say though I'm not convinced that Apple really wanted to make larger phones. I almost get the feeling like they were just sick of people bitching about them not having a larger phone so it's basically here's your bigger phones now shut up and leave us alone.
  • Reply 172 of 543

I'm probably going to return my iPhone 6+ tomorrow and get the iPhone 6 instead. 

• Reply 173 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Because jackasses believe it's always better to blame someone else for their own stupidity than to accept that they should not treat piece of sensitive electronics like it's a slab of solid diamond.

Unbelievable the amount of whining there is about this.  It's a non-issue.  

The Note 3 doesn't bend under any amount of pressure that could've resulted from putting it in your pants pocket.

• Reply 174 of 543
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I'm probably going to return my iPhone 6+ tomorrow and get the iPhone 6 instead. 
    You'll be giving up some crazy good battery life.
  • Reply 175 of 543
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    agramonte wrote: »
    Wow, Samsung is going to have a field day with this one

I have a large workbench vice in my garage. Send that Scamsung plastic thing to me.
  • Reply 176 of 543
    ibeamibeam Posts: 322member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Same here, you'll be pleased to know the iPhone 6 fits very well.

I'm a 36" waist. I suppose if one had a 46" waist they could fit an iPad mini in the front pocket of the 501's

• Reply 177 of 543
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

You'll be giving up some crazy good battery life.

And a gorgeous display. However, it is a v1.0 device. Maybe Apple will make improvements to the next one. It appears they will have to at least in terms of durability. I'm going to need Apple to step up their game a bit. They use to have the best phones without a doubt but now the phones are just barely keeping up and riding off the coat tails of having the Apple stores and the developer ecosystem in place. 

• Reply 178 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Yep.

If this is all Samsung has got, they're in a heap of trouble.  If I want I can break a S5 in two in two second flat my just two hands, I am certain of that (I've had those plastic slabs in my hands), no problemo,..  And I'm not superman either. So, what? Seriously this is the most pointless article I've ever seen anywhere. It also seems to have attracted the Android Trolls on ALL Apple forums like motts to a flame. Funny, I've never seen the opposite, no matter how lame Android security is...

• Reply 179 of 543
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

The Note 3 doesn't bend under any amount of pressure that could've resulted from putting it in your pants pocket.

News flash neither did the iPhone 6.

• Reply 180 of 543

I don't even sit down with my 5S in my pocket as I find it uncomfortable. Can't imagine how it would feel with a 6/6P.

To the commenter who said Apple will take flak over this - no way in hell. People make up all sorts of "tests" and "scenarios" to try and show Apple devices in a bad light. Does it affect their sales? No. Because most people are smart, and don't pay any attention to idiots like this guy posting a video just to capitalize on the number of hits he'll get by bashing Apple.

Even worse are the idiots who jump on the bandwagon and suddenly have "buyers remorse" over this injustice that Apple has done to them, or the people who "changed their mind about buying a 6". Yeah, sure. We believe you. We really do.