Video demonstrates reported iPhone 6 Plus bending issues

Comments

• Reply 181 of 543
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

I'm probably going to return my iPhone 6+ tomorrow and get the iPhone 6 instead. 

I hope you clean it first.

• Reply 182 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Isn't the first time, won't be the last. Bottom line is if the phone easily bends then Apple has a real problem on its hands. But if it's just the media overreacting to a video where someone is iintentionally trying to break the phone then I think it will blow over.

I must say though I'm not convinced that Apple really wanted to make larger phones. I almost get the feeling like they were just sick of people bitching about them not having a larger phone so it's basically here's your bigger phones now shut up and leave us alone.

Yeah you are probably right.

• Reply 183 of 543

It seems to me that sitting down with a large phone in your pocket is kind of a silly thing to do no matter how tough it may be.  I have a small 4S, and I use a belt clip for both comfort and quick access.  I'll do the same when I get around to getting my new iPhone 6 or 6+ (decisions ... decisions).

• Reply 184 of 543
    I never keep my phone in my front pocket because it's not good having the radio next to private parts.
    I always keep it in my back pocket.

By the way there IS a history of MANY large phones bending.

So blame Samcrap for their battery-bleeding-technology-requiring-larger-battery-size large phone trend ploy.

G
  • Reply 185 of 543
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    adonissmu wrote: »
    And a gorgeous display. However, it is a v1.0 device. Maybe Apple will make improvements to the next one. It appears they will have to at least in terms of durability. I'm going to need Apple to step up their game a bit. They use to have the best phones without a doubt but now the phones are just barely keeping up and riding off the coat tails of having the Apple stores and the developer ecosystem in place. 
    Are there any legitimate examples of the phone bending under normal use? What the guy did in this video cannot be considered normal use.
  • Reply 186 of 543
    Quote:

I must say though I'm not convinced that Apple really wanted to make larger phones. I almost get the feeling like they were just sick of people bitching about them not having a larger phone so it's basically here's your bigger phones now shut up and leave us alone.

Which is something Steve would have never done.

Just sayin'.

• Reply 187 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Creep View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RadarTheKat View Post

One wonders how a plastic Samsung large screen phone would fare with the same amount of pressure at the point where it's button cutouts reside. Plastic is also quite malleable.

They'd probably fare pretty well, as plastic is better at returning its shape than metal.  Plus, the way plastic phone shells are manufactured, they don't bend.  They'll just snap.

…And what's underneath the plastic is just empty space, I guess. So no worries about the insides following the bending of the outside, Right?

• Reply 188 of 543
    Wonderful!

No way am I getting a Plus! Why did Apple make it? 

My next iPhone is now a 6 or a 5s.

I'm with the sorry band of Marvin and T.S. who say that the 5.5" shouldn’t exist.

To all the poor suckers who have ordered or bought a Plus: thank your lucky stars for warranties.

Do you fully comprehend how incredibly foolish you are?
  • Reply 189 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It’s a testament to the quality of the device this time around. No “yellowing screens”, no “purple lens”, no “antenna problems”. There’s literally nowhere else for them to go but wanton destruction of the device.

The 6S’ major launch complaint will be that it can’t survive in a microwave.

Yes, I know about the psychopaths pushing the “Wave” scam. They need to be punished.

Next some buffoon will put it in a blender and claim that it should survive, what a bunch total clueless idiots esp. the one saying the increase in temperature, what an oaf!

• Reply 190 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Just sayin'.

iPhone 6 and 6+ were reportedly the last phones he worked on before he died.

• Reply 191 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

Do you fully comprehend how incredibly foolish you are?

obviously  not, there are two unlimited elements in the Universe Hydrogen  and Stupidity

• Reply 192 of 543
    Quote:

iPhone 6 and 6+ were reportedly the last phones he worked on before he died.

What the difference besides a better front camera and being Gumby-like?

I highly doubt Steve wanted an iPhat.

• Reply 193 of 543
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

What the difference besides a better front camera and being Gumby-like?

I doubt Steve wanted an iPhat.

The 6+ has a far and away better display and better battery life. It's not even close. The 6 has an okay display but the 6+ display is so good it makes me think twice about returning it everytime I look at it.

• Reply 194 of 543
    Quote:

I put my phone in my pants pocket and it didn't bend. I'm not sure what other people are doing to force their phones into bending. 

You can't be one of the hard-asses I guess

• Reply 195 of 543
    I don't even sit down with my 5S in my pocket as I find it uncomfortable. Can't imagine how it would feel with a 6/6P.

To the commenter who said Apple will take flak over this - no way in hell. People make up all sorts of "tests" and "scenarios" to try and show Apple devices in a bad light. Does it affect their sales? No. Because most people are smart, and don't pay any attention to idiots like this guy posting a video just to capitalize on the number of hits he'll get by bashing Apple.

Even worse are the idiots who jump on the bandwagon and suddenly have "buyers remorse" over this injustice that Apple has done to them, or the people who "changed their mind about buying a 6". Yeah, sure. We believe you. We really do.

We saw what happened with the iPhone 5 when it first came out. That eventually blew over when Apple sorted out its manufacturing issues. If this is a real issue and the phone is easily bending then Apple will have to tweak the design to make it less bendable. I'm still skeptical that this phone can bend that easily because I have a hard time believing Apple wouldn't catch something like that before these phones ever went on sale. And I have a really have a hard time believing Apple would knowingly ship a phone that easily bends.
  • Reply 196 of 543
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ibeam View Post

I'm a 36" waist. I suppose if one had a 46" waist they could fit an iPad mini in the front pocket of the 501's

Same here, 36x32 from Costco, I understand the size in inches better than centimetres, although we've been using the metric system for over forty years.

Also 501's are around $80-100 less than our traditional outlets.

• Reply 197 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul94544 View Post

You can't be one of the hard-asses I guess

I put it in my front pocket. I wouldn't dare put a phone in my back pocket. 

• Reply 198 of 543
    pazuzu wrote: »
    Just sayin'.

Which you have no idea what Steve would or wouldn't have done. Just sayin'.
  • Reply 199 of 543
    Quote:

Which you have no idea what Steve would or wouldn't have done. Just sayin'.

People always think they know what Steve would or wouldn't do. The fact of the matter is Steve was fickle just like the rest of us. 

• Reply 200 of 543

Is this an example where Apple wasn't first (to a phablet form factor), but when they did it, they did it right?