Apple releases, then pulls iOS 8.0.1 with support for HealthKit apps, Photo Library fixes, more [u]

Comments

• Reply 41 of 100

I bent my iPhone 6 plus into the shape of an antenna and that fixed the no service issue.

• Reply 42 of 100
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CurtisTheGeek View Post

I just updated an iPhone 6 and a 6 Plus on AT&T and now I have NO SIGNAL.... only Searching..... For the past half hour and rebooting does not help!

Settings | General | Reset | Reset Network Settings

• Reply 43 of 100
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    melgross wrote: »
    I haven't tried that. But, now I'm downloading the updates for my phone and tablet, so we'll see what happens.

By the way, now that Apple is serving updates through their own servers, speeds have been impossible.
    My iPad update went really fast. I'm not updating my iPhone until Apple gets the cell service and Touch ID sorted. Tim better be chewing some ass right now in Cupertino.
  • Reply 44 of 100
    Wow... this update messed up my phone. I now have no cellular service available and the touch ID is no longer working. I deleted the existing fingerprints and tried to re-add them and it fails to allow me to add new fingerprints. I tried resetting all settings and that didn't fix it. I will have to do a restore from backup when I get home and hope it fixes it.
  • Reply 45 of 100
    DO NOT UPDATE TO iOS8.01. It bricks the phone, no cellular service for any provider and seems Touch ID may be affected.
  • Reply 46 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

I haven't tried that. But, now I'm downloading the updates for my phone and tablet, so we'll see what happens.

I just updated one of my iPads and it seems fine, but you might want to hold off on updating the phone, as it might kill your cell service, according to the posts here and elsewhere.

• Reply 47 of 100
    I'd advise people to not install this update. I just did this on my iPhone 6 and now it says "Searching..." or "No Network". I swapped my SIM back to an older iPhone 5 (iOS 8.0) and immediately found network.

My iPad mini also just did the update and now also can't get cellular network as well.
  • Reply 48 of 100

Originally Posted by 98RaptorTA View Post

It bricks the phone…

Nope.

• Reply 49 of 100
    boltsfan17 wrote: »
    I bent my iPhone 6 plus into the shape of an antenna and that fixed the no service issue.
    ????????????????

We may have a winner for best bendable phone related joke!
  • Reply 50 of 100
    Quote:

Originally Posted by malax View Post

Too little too late. I was so frustrated and harmed by these fatal flaws that I sold the 3 iPhone 6 Pluses that I bought and I'll never buy another Apple device. This never would have happened if Steve were still around. I have been an Apple user since 1968 and own $10,000,000 in AAPL stock so I don't make this decision lightly. Oh, and 2 of my phones snapped in half when I put them in my shirt pocket.

\s

Too funny.  

• Reply 51 of 100

Well, go ahead and update...seems like me and thousands of other people are now getting no service.

• Reply 52 of 100
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 98RaptorTA View Post

DO NOT UPDATE TO iOS8.01. It bricks the phone, no cellular service for any provider and seems Touch ID may be affected.

What cell service provider do you use?

• Reply 53 of 100
    Quote:

Originally Posted by terrett101 View Post

According to comments on MacRumors, this update is breaking Touch ID and cell service for a majority of people. I would hold off for now if you're about to update.

Aarrgh 

Too late.  My 5S is scuppered. 

• Reply 54 of 100

updated and everything works fine for me on my iPhone 5s. AT&T. i had a carrier update to 17.1 when i updated to iOS 8 are just 6s affected?

• Reply 55 of 100

I should've waited for the feedback prior to installing.   Having same issue with iPhone6.  No Service with AT&T as well as touch ID is dead.  Only Wifi works.

Perhaps, carriers need to also upgrade for compatibility?

• Reply 56 of 100
    hmurchison wrote: »
    Aarrgh 

Too late.  My 5S is scuppered. 

You were affected also, eh? 8.0.2 anyone?
  • Reply 57 of 100
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Apple better get a fix out this afternoon. Still it's going to make people nervous about installing updates in the future. Releasing a software update that disables people's cell phone service is a serious **** up. How the hell did this ever get Ok'd for release?
  • Reply 58 of 100
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Confirmed.

No TouchID. No service.

Do not install.
  • Reply 59 of 100
    after install touch id on my iPhone6 is no longer working... whats up?
  • Reply 60 of 100
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wood1208 View Post

I bow my ahead to Apple to release fixes release so quick. More power to you Apple and you F*** moron Android phone manufacturers, learn something from Apple. I am on not even 2 years old LG optimus G e970 AT&T 4.7" large screen smartphone and what I received is pathetic old jellybean update and not even current kitkat(not expected) so forget about "L" updates.

It's people like you who give an atrocious reputation in some parts of the world to anybody who dares like Apple products. I can completely understand your frustration with Android's distribution but let's not called companies "morons" and go f'ing and blinding. Just looks childish. And look - even Apple isn't perfect judging by the various people with issues this evening.