Apple's iOS 8.0.1 update breaks cellular connectivity, Touch ID support for many users

Comments

• Reply 81 of 343
    rob53rob53 Posts: 3,241member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by saarek View Post

They have pulled the update for OTA, at least I don't see the option on my iPhone 6. Thank goodness I was not able to download it!!!

They pulled the update through iTunes sync as well.

• Reply 82 of 343

My iPhone 6 is also devoid of carrier signal and Touch ID.

Interestingly - there is no longer a "Carrier" option in "Settings"

And it also wiped the name of my iPhone in "General" -> "About" -> Name

Doing a Network Setting reset doesn't do anything to help.

We also have an iPhone 5c and an iPhone 5 in the house - all upgraded at the same time to iOS 8.0.1 (I'm keen - usually!) - all on the same carrier as the 6. They are both working fine. Neither is showing any of the symptoms above.

I would not like to be the person who pushed the button to release this stinker of a patch ... sheesh.

• Reply 83 of 343

11:25AM PST. iTunes telling me iOS8.0 is the current software. So perhaps they shut down 8.0.1.

• Reply 84 of 343
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bitemymac View Post

Thanks for sharing the info.   For which iphone?  

iPhone 6 Plus

I gather apple may now have pulled 8.0.1

• Reply 85 of 343
    Quote:

Originally Posted by brlawyer View Post

That's why he is CEO - he is supposed to take responsibility for yet another screw-up at Apple. 

CEO is responsible for what employees do up to a point. This is a code push not some failed business strategy. Apple has never been particularly good at Software Services even under Steve Jobs. 

• Reply 86 of 343
    Why downgrade ? My iPhone 5S, 5, iPad 2, 3 and iPad mini works fine with IOS 8.0.1
  • Reply 87 of 343

Hope they patch it before I walk out from work.  3 hrs to go....

• Reply 88 of 343

Just as reported, I updated my iPhone 6 and I have no cellular and touch id doesn't work.  Tried restoring via ITunes but can't get to next screen. This is terrible.  #cellghazi  

• Reply 89 of 343

Whence the doubt? It is true.

• Reply 90 of 343
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

I know.

you may have misread.

I support Cook 100%

I did misread it. LOL Sorry!

• Reply 91 of 343
    hydrhydr Posts: 146member

Scott Forestall ate the Maps blame.

Who will take it for streaming failure, bendgate, healthkit bug, icloud photo kit pulled, bendgate, IOS8.0.1,etc? 

For whoever said it earlier, Apple does seem to have lost focus. Bugs is the new Apple.

• Reply 92 of 343

The issue can easily be resolved by re-updating the affected phone with the complete image, not an over-the air update. 

You can just re-apply the update using iTunes.

Download the firmware:

6+ http://appldnld.apple.com/iOS8/031-07519.20140924.FTHpb/iPhone7,1_8.0.1_12A402_Restore.ipsw

6 http://appldnld.apple.com/iOS8/031-07540.20140924.b41vK/iPhone7,2_8.0.1_12A402_Restore.ipsw

Then connect your phone to iTunes, Command-click the update button (not sure what key on windows) and choose the downloaded file.

• Reply 93 of 343

Jobs is dead, so is... "it just works"  :no:

• Reply 94 of 343
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

By the way, it's easy to tell the legitimate posters in this thread from the couple of easy to spot trolls, who gleefully pile on whenever there is something negative about Apple.

Those Fandroid imposters can kiss my ass. 

• Reply 95 of 343
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Thank god they pulled the update. Hopefully it hasn't impacted too many people. I never got a notification on my iPhone or iPad. I only updated my iPad because I saw the update was available via AI. So maybe if people didn't receive a pop up notification most of them didn't install.
  • Reply 96 of 343
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

By the way, it's easy to tell the legitimate posters in this thread from the couple of easy to spot trolls, who gleefully pile on whenever there is something negative about Apple.

Those Fandroid imposters can kiss my ass. 

...spit-take.gif...

• Reply 97 of 343
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Has the update been disabled from Apple yet? 

If no, then why the hell not?

Nobody should be allowed to go home from Apple HQ until this is fixed, and they should push out a new update as soon as possible, within a few hours.

I have to say I don't always agree with your viewpoints on personal responsibility, but hell if if you aren't consistent.

+1

• Reply 98 of 343
    None of the issues duplicated on my iPhone 5s and iPad mini!
  • Reply 99 of 343
    They pulled the update
  • Reply 100 of 343

Again it is good to have patients, and not be one of those people who must have it now. I hope some of you learned not to push the update but when it shows up immediately.