Video demonstrates reported iPhone 6 Plus bending issues

Comments

• Reply 461 of 543

There's this thing called Google and if you spend about a second and search for iPad bending you'll quickly learn that both the iPad Air and iPad Mini are made of aluminum and that they bend. 

• Reply 462 of 543
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    Favorite quote in the article:
    "Just casually sticking a £700 smartphone in your pocket is an increasingly reckless thing to do."

Sorry about that english is not my native language. I live and work in french.
  • Reply 463 of 543
    ipenipen Posts: 410member

I wonder why this wasn't an issue with the large screen phones before?  Or it has always been an issue?

How about an upgrade to phone 6S+ as bendable flex phone.  I'm waiting for that next release.

• Reply 464 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

I wonder where Apple's responsibility ends and common sense/obviousness begins.

This is America! As long as we can sue someone, we ain't got need need for common sense.

• Reply 465 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Sorry about that english is not my native language. I live and work in french.

Et pas jouer ?

• Reply 466 of 543
    One wonders how a plastic Samsung large screen phone would fare with the same amount of pressure at the point where it's button cutouts reside. Plastic is also quite malleable.

Same vlogger has Note 3 vid. It didn't bend.
  • Reply 467 of 543
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobiwan View Post

Same vlogger has Note 3 vid. It didn't bend.

Get them in a lab and measure the stress to bend each under controlled conditions....

• Reply 468 of 543
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,102member

What an expensive cheap piece of crap. I'll wait for Liquid Metal to upgrade!

• Reply 469 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

What an expensive cheap piece of crap. I'll wait for Liquid Metal to upgrade!

Troll.

• Reply 470 of 543
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarkyMarc43 View Post

Troll.

Wrong. Mac user since 1992. iPhone 4s owner. IMO The 4s is the most perfect phone ever made, good thickness, good weight, you can stand it up to take stable photos and videos, doesn't bend in half when you sit down. 

I'm very unimpressed with the iPhone 6. Like I said, I'll wait for LiquidMetal. The 6 is just Apple's hastiness to try to recuperate some of the sales lost to bigger phones. They should know better. 

Yes they will sell a ton. They will probably end up taking back even more. LOL.

• Reply 471 of 543

Mac user since 1992. iPhone 4s owner.

And that means nothing, FYI, if your argument isn’t reasoned. 

• Reply 472 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

And that means nothing, FYI, if your argument isn’t reasoned. 

The 6 is a flimsy piece of aluminum. Reason enough? lol. 

• Reply 473 of 543

The 6 is a flimsy piece of aluminum. Reason enough? lol. 

No, as it isn’t.

• Reply 474 of 543
    flaneur wrote: »
    The detachment from material reality in this thread is unbelievable.

If you're not mature enough to handle an instrument like a modern iPhone, don't blame Apple.

Precisely.

I owned the original iPod from almost day 1 and when I replaced it with the 2nd gen iPod touch the original was a bit scuffed admittedly. When I replaced the 2nd gen with my current 5th gen it had one tiny scratch on the screen and that was it. My year or so old iPod touch currently looks just like new. Exactly the same with my iPad classic bought on launch day which I replaced with an iPad air a month after release. All used just about every single day, all in perfect condition.

I pulled out my 2nd gen iPod touch after I'd had it about 4 or so years in a Mac shop and the young salesman instantly asked me "How much was your replacement screen?". I said "What?" He asked again. I replied "I've never replaced the screen", to which he asked "How come it's not broken then?" I replied "I look after it"

My Magimix food processor is still used at least once a week after buying it in 1985. It has had two replacement blades and that's it. Buy quality products and treat them well and they will last. Treat them like disposable crap and that is what they will become. The shocking way in which people treat expensive items these days would absolutely apall people from a generation or two ago. I suspect the current generation will have no family heirlooms to pass on as they will have broken everything!
  • Reply 475 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, as it isn’t.

Nice argumentative skills, lol. The next Churchill!

Flimsy: comparatively light and insubstantial, easily damaged. 

Seeing as how this phone can be bent in half with moderate pressure using two bare hands, I'd say that fits the definition. 

Aluminum: a light silvery- grey metal. 

See: flimsy.

Both these definitions taken from the built in Apple dictionary. 

Oh I can't wait for your rebuttal:

"But you're wrong. I don't have to say why. You just are."

Sounds like *your* argument is the one that isn't reasoned.

Not like it matters anyway, nobody here takes you too seriously. Weren't you the one that said there would be no way Apple would release a 5.5" iPhone, and that the mockups of the protruded camera lens were all faked? 

• Reply 476 of 543
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ipen View Post

I wonder why this wasn't an issue with the large screen phones before?  Or it has always been an issue?

How about an upgrade to phone 6S+ as bendable flex phone.  I'm waiting for that next release.

It was always an issue with large screened metal phones. No one was buying them in any kind of notable quantities until this year. 

• Reply 477 of 543
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

Nice argumentative skills, lol. The next Churchill!

Flimsy: comparatively light and insubstantial, easily damaged. 

Seeing as how this phone can be bent in half with moderate pressure using two bare hands, I'd say that fits the definition. 

Aluminum: a light silvery- grey metal. 

See: flimsy.

Both these definitions taken from the built in Apple dictionary. 

Oh I can't wait for your rebuttal:

"But you're wrong. I don't have to say why. You just are."

Sounds like *your* argument is the one that isn't reasoned.

Not like it matters anyway, nobody here takes you too seriously. Weren't you the one that said there would be no way Apple would release a 5.5" iPhone, and that the mockups of the protruded camera lens were all faked? 

Don't be too hard on TS, he must be having it hard right now, having to mindlessly defend his favourite shiny object manufacturer from criticism of the same products that he mindlessly attacked just a few months ago.  Must be tearing the poor fellow in two.

• Reply 478 of 543

Nice argumentative skills, lol.

1. Prove your statement first, kiddo.

2. Do you know what words mean?

Seeing as how any phone can be bent in half with moderate pressure using two bare hands, I'd say that fits the definition. 

Wow. What an outrage.

Look, just shut up unless you have a clue what you’re saying.

• Reply 479 of 543
    nolamacguy wrote: »
    yes, it matters. if the iphone 6+ had increased in width, not length, then the leverage force at a given fulcrum would not increase.

But it's also thinner, so while the leverage force remains the same it can now bend something that it couldn't before.
  • Reply 480 of 543
    Well I have the iPhone 6+ and I put it in my front pocket and even went out dancing until 3 am and I didn't have an issue.

Also for the people that think the 6+ is stupid I have a suggestion. Don't get it!!! I work a lot from my phone and I just love it!!! Had to text for a friend that was driving on his 5c and dang it was small.