• Reply 62 of 196
    sog35 wrote: »
    Something is wrong with the original bend test of the 6 plus

Look at the time on the phone.
    Did he time travel?

http://stocktwits.com/message/27175403

The new iPhone warps space and time.
  • Reply 63 of 196
    "Me too, but liberals would rather not mention that word, as they have been brushing off the real thing for quite a while now, covering it up and hoping that it goes away."

I am very liberal and am first to mention that word on the forums yesterday. Liberals have Benghazi but conservatives have Nineelevenzi. Also dozensofembassysattackedunderbushzy. Back to Apple talk.
  • Reply 64 of 196

10 million phones and reports of only a handful bending under normal use. I'll take my chances.

• Reply 65 of 196

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

One day after a YouTube video demonstrated that Apple's iPhone 6 Plus can indeed bend under focused pressure

Apple should thank him for boosting AppleCare+ sales.

$99 for two years, damage or destroy your iPhone up to two times, replace it for $79 (plus applicable tax) each time.

AppleCare+.

Never leave home without it.

• Reply 66 of 196
    thomprthompr Posts: 1,521member
    kent909 wrote: »
    10 million phones and reports of only a handful bending under normal use. I'll take my chances.

True. But I doubt it felt normal when those big phones were under that kind of stress in their tight pants pockets.

Thompson
  • Reply 67 of 196
    Toughest iPhones were the 1st gen, 3G n 3GS hands down..the 4 with the glass back panel was a jk..much improve with the 5 n behond
  • Reply 68 of 196
    scartart wrote: »

no the 6 plus is thicker than the 6

You are correct. I thought it was the other way around.
  • Reply 69 of 196
    I wonder if 'bendgate' will spread to other manufacturers ?

Incredulous students driving new cars into walls, finding parts bend and break, and claiming design fault as the culprit.

Hey I have just bought a MontBlanc pen and look how fragile it is . . .

Etc etc zzzzzzz
  • Reply 70 of 196
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    I find this "test" inconclusive! Too many variables! They need to be done with a stationary tool and a presure gage! Will some body please call the Mythbusters!
  • Reply 71 of 196
    idrey wrote: »
    I find this "test" inconclusive! Too many variables! They need to be done with a stationary tool and a presure gage! Will some body please call the Mythbusters!

I agree. Use a tool that can use gauge the exact amount of force needed for each device, in each direction, and from multiple spots.

edit: And then figure out how much pressure is exerted by carrying the device in your pockets under different conditions.

My guess is this is a non-issue, even though possible, like with other iPhones.
  • Reply 72 of 196
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Bite my shiny metal ass. - Bender

I want to see vids where actual scientific methods are used.

I have a 4S. I put it in my front pocket. If I feel any pressure from it when I sit, I move it. I don't not do anything and have it continue to push against me. It's common sense.
  • Reply 73 of 196
    #1. Who in their right mind would purposely bend a phone like this, after paying the bucks.
    #2. If you buy a 6+ , why would anyone put it in their back pocket, or for that matter, in their front pocket! Its freakin huge. I don't remember EVER putting my phone in the back pocket of any variety of pants I wear. Not iPhones, not Blackberries, not even my Palms or my Palm Treos.

Wonder if he got a bit of sponsorship from Samsung on this. Not like they haven't pulled these tactics before.

Additionally, when I received my 6 (not needing a breakfast platter like the 6+), it was so thin and slippery, I immediately purchased a Griffin case, and a screen cover. Good idea for the 6+ I'm sure. Don't most of us use some type of case to protect the phone anyway? I know some don't, but most I see have a case on it, going back to the first iPhone.
  • Reply 74 of 196
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Is his YouTube channel so profitable that he can afford to damage all these brand new phones. I wonder if anyone fronted him the money to buy all those gadgets.

• Reply 75 of 196
    So he has conclusively proven that you can break any smartphone if you try hard enough and use enough pressure. Ummm, wow... Thanks, I guess...
  • Reply 76 of 196
    Quote:

Originally Posted by iollivier View Post

LOL!

• Reply 77 of 196
    rkevwill wrote: »
    #1. Who in their right mind would purposely bend a phone like this, after paying the bucks.
    #2. If you buy a 6+ , why would anyone put it in their back pocket, or for that matter, in their front pocket! Its freakin huge. I don't remember EVER putting my phone in the back pocket of any variety of pants I wear. Not iPhones, not Blackberries, not even my Palms or my Palm Treos.

Wonder if he got a bit of sponsorship from Samsung on this. Not like they haven't pulled these tactics before.

Additionally, when I received my 6 (not needing a breakfast platter like the 6+), it was so thin and slippery, I immediately purchased a Griffin case, and a screen cover. Good idea for the 6+ I'm sure. Don't most of us use some type of case to protect the phone anyway? I know some don't, but most I see have a case on it, going back to the first iPhone.
    I put it in my front pocket and my 6+ remains unbothered.
  • Reply 78 of 196

He should have used this for a more controlled experiment:

http://blog.etechparts.com/2014/09/24/bentgate-meet-your-match/

• Reply 79 of 196
    Originally Posted by AtlApple View Post

Get a clue. You are so determined

Nah. Stop lying; that’s all I ask.

This is simple math and science.

So why are you whining about it now when the laws of physics dictate that all phones encounter this problem?

I doubt you have even put your hands on one of these phones.

Aww, how cute.

Get an iPhone 6 Plus, make a youtube video to dismiss the claims if they upset you that much.

Nah, how about you just drop your psychotic claims that Apple only tested one of their devices.

• Reply 80 of 196
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Is his YouTube channel so profitable that he can afford to damage all these brand new phones. I wonder if anyone fronted him the money to buy all those gadgets.

The dude is getting millions and millions of hits! 

But not from me, because I'm not even going to bother to click on this latest link.

The tests are meaningless and untrustworthy, hardly scientific at all. 

And that first test he did with the iPhone 6+, it was already slightly bent before he did the test.

These tests are a joke, and one guy on youtube bending a couple of phones proves nothing at all.