Follow-up 'Bendgate' video finds iPhone 6 less flexible than iPhone 6 Plus

Comments

• Reply 81 of 196
    In addition to some screwy phone timing he starts out with a pre-bent iphone6 plus and acknowledges as much at the start of the video.

Edit: Apple ][ beat me to it
  • Reply 82 of 196
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

...These tests are a joke, and one guy on youtube bending a couple of phones proves nothing at all.

This is true. However, people love Apple so attack videos are an easy way to troll us supporters. This is easily verified by checking the number of anti-Apple stories out there. There are a ton of them.

• Reply 83 of 196

What a dumb ass.

• Reply 84 of 196

Is there anyway I can avoid grabbing my new iPhone and bending it till it breaks?

Also, I often wonder how easy it would be to break my pinky finger if I were to bend it backwards, but I haven't gotten around to testing that question.

• Reply 85 of 196
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,101member

• Reply 86 of 196
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    This is true. However, people love Apple so attack videos are an easy way to troll us supporters. This is easily verified by checking the number of anti-Apple stories out there. There are a ton of them.

Because of all the noise you get with the internet and social media its hard to know if this is a legitimate issue or everyone is just pushing this video. John Gruber tweeted that he thinks it's either a manufacturing defect or the phone isn't being bent under normal use. I'll bet any money there are Apple employees in China right now makiing sure there are no manufacturing defects with the phones coming off the line.
  • Reply 87 of 196
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Please explain how he's trolling Apple when he tested 6 other devices, including another model of iPhone, and found that none of them were permanently bent during the test.

And yes, I realize that this test is unscientific, because the variables aren't perfectly controlled.  That becomes irrelevant due to the magnitude of the difference in the results.  The error in the variables (force applied, position of force, position of support, etc.) is not large enough from one test to the next to produce results so significantly different.

• Reply 88 of 196
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Nah. Stop lying; that’s all I ask.

So why are you whining about it now when the laws of physics dictate that all phones encounter this problem?

Aww, how cute.

Nah, how about you just drop your psychotic claims that Apple only tested one of their devices.

There isn't anything to lie about. I also take offense to you calling me a liar. I never said that Apple only tested one of their devices. My comment had to do with the Youtube videos testing 4.7 devices, had nothing to do with Apple. Someone would be an idiot to think Apple did not test all their devices. 

Like I said this is simple, larger surface area, thin design, thin aluminum. If you can come to a conclusion as to why it wouldn't be more prone to bend then I would love to hear it instead of never presenting any facts or logic in your replies. When all you do is attack people all it shows is that you aren't educated enough to present a logical counter debate, in this case there isn't one so I will forgive you this time. 

• Reply 89 of 196

Another thing not shown in the video is that while these phones might turn on, those who actually bent may well suffer from internal damage that is not immediately apparent and will cause problems later.

• Reply 90 of 196
    sog35 wrote: »
    So 2 phones out of 10,000,000 got bent.

Its simply a manufactering defect and Apple will replace the phone.  NO big deal.

11 million youtube viewers beg to differ.
  • Reply 91 of 196

This whole thing is so stupid!  If you want a phone you intend to shove in your pants and otherwise abuse, buy a smaller iPhone.  If you want a big screen device that is also as thin and as light as can be then buy the 6+ and treat it with a little more care.  Engineering is all about trade-offs: you can't have cheap, thin, light, flexible, sturdy, water-proof, infinite battery, huge screen, super-processor power, cool, low energy usage, etc all in one device.  Apple gave us many of these properties, but if you want it to be tough as steel, then buy a case and give up thin and light.

end rant

• Reply 92 of 196
    ecatsecats Posts: 272member
    Doing this test with one's hands is a waste of time.

Meanwhile there isn't much point if the case is kept all pretty if the internal components are bent and damaged.
  • Reply 93 of 196
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member

My old iPod could never bend.:\

• Reply 94 of 196
    ronmgronmg Posts: 163member
    ecats wrote: »
    Doing this test with one's hands is a waste of time.

Meanwhile there isn't much point if the case is kept all pretty if the internal components are bent and damaged.

If this becomes anything like antenna-gate, Apple will post stress test videos with all of the large smart phones, just like they did demonstrating that all cell phones have reception issues depending on how you hold them. You can be sure that Apple is already bend-testing phones with a very unbiased and scientific testing method. There is no doubt in my mind that this guy was paid by Samsung. Samsung is a completely unethical and pathetic company. They should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell.
  • Reply 95 of 196
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

So 2 phones out of 10,000,000 got bent.

Its simply a manufactering defect and Apple will replace the phone.  NO big deal.  If this was a real problem we would have literally TENS OF THOUSANDS of people with bent phones.

My 12-year-old has two friends with a bent 6+ in their families (before the video came out). Was no big deal -- both families exchanged for iPhone 6 and some iTunes credit.

• Reply 96 of 196
    This whole thing is so stupid!  If you want a phone you intend to shove in your pants and otherwise abuse, buy a smaller iPhone.  If you want a big screen device that is also as thin and as light as can be then buy the 6+ and treat it with a little more care.  Engineering is all about trade-offs: you can't have cheap, thin, light, flexible, sturdy, water-proof, infinite battery, huge screen, super-processor power, cool, low energy usage, etc all in one device.  Apple gave us many of these properties, but if you want it to be tough as steel, then buy a case and give up thin and light.

end rant
    Hmmmmm.... I spot no lies.
  • Reply 97 of 196
    11 million youtube viewers beg to differ.
    Those are views in 1 day. Thats almost a record.
  • Reply 98 of 196
    First it was scalpers. Then it was bendghazi. Now we have iOS 8.0.1... Apple is really on a roll this week. What will it be tomorrow?
  • Reply 99 of 196

LOL APPLE FAGGOTS

• Reply 100 of 196

LOL APPLE FAG0TS