Apple tries to close iPhone 6 Plus 'bend-gate' as fashionistas come to grips with larger iPhones

Comments

• Reply 61 of 130

Used to be that you just needed deep pockets to buy iPhones. Now you need wide ones too.

• Reply 62 of 130
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    sog35 wrote: »
    I 100% guarantee that the PLUS will be back next year.

100%

Ya think? But I bet you BENDghazi won't which is why I'll buy a 6 PLUS S and be happy I waited. :D
  • Reply 63 of 130
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    drow wrote: »
    every phone bends, if all you're doing is trying to bend your phone.

Really? Try bending a 4S.
  • Reply 64 of 130
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    I was wondering when the fashion industry would respond. it's funny how others need to adapt to tech now.
  • Reply 65 of 130
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

What did I write two days ago? It seems that I wasn't that far off from the reality of the situation. I knew that this whole thing was overblown BS from the very beginning.

Here we have one person who claims to have an issue,  in other words, a problem that has supposedly and allegedly affected .00001% of Apple users who have bought an iPhone 6, and it is being widely reported as being some sort of huge problem, even though there is zero proof to back up such a claim.

So, nine people have complained to Apple? Hahahaha. This is a total non issue. We have retards purposely bending and breaking their phones on Youtube, while conducting fraudulent and highly unscientific tests! If the morons who purposely destroy their phones try to exchange them or scam Apple, then Apple should definitely refuse these idiots! 

And once again, we see the total incompetence of the media, who piles on and runs with a fabricated and exaggerated story, solely because Apple is involved.

• Reply 66 of 130
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    bizzare wrote: »
    Tried it myself at the Apple Store, it did not bend. I exerted reasonable force.

Thats hilarious. You should have gimped it and uploaded to YouTube.

Maybe people should bend iPhones and upload the video to YouTube creating a chain of videos.
  • Reply 67 of 130
    Oh look! The metal door on my car bends if you put enough pressure on it! OMG! It's a simple rule of physics and aluminum. I'm simply amazed at the Samsung baffoons using every opportunity they can to bash Apple. During the launch meeting, it was obvious there was a whole blogging team paid by Samsung to bash on various mac sites. That example of poor integrity by a competitor should be enough for anyone to say, "NEVER" will I buy from someone so petty. They obviously don't have enough confidence in their product, so they turn to other tactics. Apple is a not perfect, but they certainly make things people want and enjoy. They figured out the WHY people buy, and cater to that.
  • Reply 68 of 130
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Apple didn't sell 10 million 6 Pluses.

Anyway it would be nice if AI posted Apple's entire statement:

Oh and Apple also said:

An Apple spokesperson said that its test include exerting force in three separate areas to see if the device bends, a torsion test that simulates thousands of twists an iPhone might experience in daily use, and a "sit test" which simulates what it's like to put an iPhone in the back pocket of a tight pair of jeans over a period of years.

Source: http://www.ft.com/intl/fastft?post=211822

Interesting. I'd be curious to know what was responsible for the bending seen in a couple of reviewers' devices.

• Reply 69 of 130
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bizzare View Post

Tried it myself at the Apple Store, it did not bend. I exerted reasonable force.

What would you have done if it bent like a banana? Leave quietly and hope nobody noticed?

• Reply 70 of 130
    [SIZE=5]This is not about a design problem with iphone 6+
    At least for those who can be considered sane consumers !
    It is about the competition .. Specially samscum spreading fud .

They are scared of the immensely positive response and best in class durability tests of the the two new iphone 6 models ! [/SIZE]
  • Reply 71 of 130
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member

Doctor, doctor it bends when I do this...

• Reply 72 of 130
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    darklite wrote: »
    Interesting. I'd be curious to know what was responsible for the bending seen in a couple of reviewers' devices.
    Link? I wonder if there could be a manufacturing issue. Maybe some phones are bent out of the box?
  • Reply 73 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Oh... so you've chosen now to believe Samsung's numbers.

Samsung's numbers ARE the Phablet market so far in Asia.  Given that we will soon have an 'Apple' Phablet over there we'll hopefully see that translated to similar sales for people who want an 'Apple' variant.  Do you see?

Besides, he provided you a link with numbers.  So far you've only provided your mouthpiece.

• Reply 74 of 130

typical

• Reply 75 of 130
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Don't forget how Steve Jobs made Apple great, Tim: focus. Abandon the ?Watch and concentrate on making great products; the rest will follow.

How does abandoning Apple Watch help?  It is a great product. I was "meh" about it until I saw the video with Sir Jony narrating.  I don't currently wear a watch and have not in years.  I now want one.  This IS following Steve's admonition to build great products and the rest will come.  

I am sure I am not the only one.

• Reply 76 of 130
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Link? I wonder if there could be a manufacturing issue. Maybe some phones are bent out of the box?

I just read about an "almost imperceptible" bend off the otherwise amazingly positive 'Wired' review: http://www.wired.com/2014/09/iphone-6-plus-review/

• Reply 77 of 130
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbag View Post

How does abandoning Apple Watch help?  It is a great product. I was "meh" about it until I saw the video with Sir Jony narrating.  I don't currently wear a watch and have not in years.  I now want one.  This IS following Steve's admonition to build great products and the rest will come.  

I am sure I am not the only one.

Yet more wisdom from the learned Benjamin Ross to completely ignore to be honest.

• Reply 78 of 130
    [VIDEO]
  • Reply 79 of 130
    When did bending a phone in half become part of normal phone operations?
  • Reply 80 of 130
    ...Release The Trolls!!