Apple tries to close iPhone 6 Plus 'bend-gate' as fashionistas come to grips with larger iPhones

Comments

• Reply 81 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iVince View Post

Are you being deliberately obtuse or just a plain idiot?  Samsung's numbers ARE the Phablet market so far in Asia.  Given that we will soon have an 'Apple' Phablet over there we'll hopefully see that translated to similar sales for people who want an 'Apple' variant.  Do you see?

Besides, he provided you a link with numbers.  So far you've only provided your mouthpiece.

I'm telling my Mom. Some guy on the internet doesn't agree with me... and now he's calling me names.

Hahahahahahahahaha

I never did like multiple choice questions.

Tell you what, Bucko... every time I see someone disagree with Samsung's numbers I'll tell them to talk to you... the great defender of the South Korean champion.

• Reply 82 of 130

This is such a stupid issue.  If people think that the iPhone 6/6+ are structurally impaired, then don't buy the phone, or return it.

The ONLY reason this is even news is because it is Apple.

The whining  on this issue is nonsense 

The issue regarding 8.0.1 is something to whine about, but the bent phone issue is just Apple bashing

• Reply 83 of 130
    mac-daddy wrote: »
    My tone? You mean the same one I literally copied from the previous poster? Don't worry, I'll wait. 
    Yes your tone. Calling people assholes for no good reason !
    And add incoherent on top.. Given your response !
  • Reply 84 of 130

It is not going to stop me from purchasing one, as most people don't take good care of the products they own. Like my son he has broken or drop it in the toilet every cell phone ha has owned, I have never damaged any of the one's I have owed.

• Reply 85 of 130

iPhone 6 advert from Apple: 1 million views.

Bender Plus video: 26 million views.

If Apple think that sticking their heads in the sand is the solution, they're in for a surprise. 

"The mix of 5s and 5c wasn't what we expected."

Result: higher margins.

"The mix of 6 and 6 Plus wasn't what we expected."

Result: lower margins.

• Reply 86 of 130

I find this awesome... In all their time as a phablet maker Samsung never had the clout to make fashion designers rethink their clothing designs for a PHONE! This shows how influential Apple really is in industries within which it doesn't even compete (well, they do now with fashion watches).

• Reply 87 of 130
    Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Tell you what, Bucko... every time I see someone disagree with Samsung's numbers I'll tell them to talk to you... the great defender of the South Korean champion.

Great, so you're no longer doubting the whole concept of Phablet's being a large and growing market in Asia then?  That link you were provided is one of a whole bunch you can find all over the net on the subject and you can choose to disbelieve all of them if you like.  I'd go as far as to suggest that Apple made a Phablet for that exact reason... they're popular in Asia and it's a market they can't currently compete in there until they launch.

• Reply 88 of 130
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

If Apple think that sticking their heads in the sand is the solution, they're in for a surprise. 

Seriously, everything you post is very very lame.  When Samsung's profit goes down 50% in 2014, will you come here to gloat about that?

• Reply 89 of 130
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    Quote:

Your trolling gets more and more shitty with every post. Views? There's goat and cat videos with more views. What the **** is your point? That views are related to importance? The only thing that can be concluded from that is how many people love to hate on Apple, and how big of a target is in terms of hit pieces. The fact that you're comparing views in order to come to some sort of conclusion shows the level of your disgusting dishonesty. A ton of people will also slow down to look at a car crash, than a beautiful painting. People love to see shit getting destroyed. What the **** is your point?

Heads in the sand? What the **** are you talking about? They put out a statement, obviously after having time, money, and effort investigating the issue.  Why don't you spot being such a coward, and come out tell us what you'd like Apple to do about the 9 real complaints? Come to door house and bake you fucking cookies? Issue a baseless recall for all their phones? Does your iPhone 6 look like a banana? Do you even own one? What is it exactly that you want? You're nothing but an enabler for this kind of bullshit, hit-whore coverage. 

• Reply 90 of 130
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Really? Try bending a 4S.

Well that 4S is pretty stout but.. but I'm in a snarky mood today.... so it reminded me of this-

Vinny Gambini: "Well, perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist on your stove. Were these magic grits? I mean, did you buy them from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?"

In other words - A 4S(or anything is this world) will bend (or break) given enough force. Or should a consumer phone be designed so that 'GI Joe with the Kung Foo grip' cannot break it (sorry, from Eddie Murphy in Trading Places)?

9 so far, plus a few you tube 'bend on purpose' video's... time will.

• Reply 91 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iVince View Post

Great, so you're no longer doubting the whole concept of Phablet's being a large and growing market in Asia then?  That link you were provided is one of a whole bunch you can find all over the net on the subject and you can choose to disbelieve all of them if you like.  I'd go as far as to suggest that Apple made a Phablet for that exact reason... they're popular in Asia and it's a market they can't currently compete in there until they launch.

Oh... I don't give a shit about the phablet market, darling... I just find it funny that people who rail about Samsung's numbers being false then use Samsung's numbers to bolster one their arguments

[ btw, this is my favorite quote from that stupid article... "Speaking to the Guardian in September, IDC reported that a total of 25.2m ‘phablets’ had shipped in the Asia-Pacific region, excluding Japan."

Shipped? How many were sold? How long did it take to hit 25.2 million "shipped"?

Hahahahahaha... 25.2 million shipped??!! Over how many years.... and this is a market worth chasing??!! when Apple might only get about 25-30% of even that market... ove rhow many years??!!

... and this info all comes from analysts and analytical data companies??!!  Oh... this just gets funnier by the minute]

• Reply 92 of 130
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member
    So, ten million bent phones, apparently.

Take off a fair whack to account for the Internet echo chamber

A little bit more to account for ordinary trolls

Another smidgen to account for the 'concern trolls' ('Twenty six million views of a bloke bursting an artery bending a phone! I hope Apple is doom ... No .... I mean, if Apple think that folk are going to forget about this as soon as Kim Kardashian posts pictures of her ... Oh hang on .... 40 million views for Kim's tush)

Another wedge for people who just get swept along by the sheer excitement of the whole thing.

Another slice to account for the amateur experts ('What's wrong with Apple??? Why did the design a phone without carrying out one, single stress test on it??) whose knowledge of stress testing was gained on their own, in a dark bathroom.

Total number of complaints:

Nine.
  • Reply 94 of 130
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayz View Post

So, ten million bent phones, apparently.

Take off a fair whack to account for the Internet echo chamber

A little bit more to account for ordinary trolls

Another smidgen to account for the 'concern trolls' ('Twenty six million views of a bloke bursting an artery bending a phone! I hope Apple is doom ... No .... I mean, if Apple think that folk are going to forget about this as soon as Kim Kardashian posts pictures of her ... Oh hang on .... 40 million views for Kim's tush)

Another wedge for people who just get swept along by the sheer excitement of the whole thing.

Another slice to account for the amateur experts ('What's wrong with Apple??? Why did the design a phone without carrying out one, single stress test on it??) whose knowledge of stress testing was gained on their own, in a dark bathroom.

Total number of complaints:

Nine.

Ten.

You forgot to add Slurpy's Plus which he bent in a fit of rage at the trolling by the naysayers on AI. ????

• Reply 95 of 130
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

I bought 200 more shares and $2k in options today.

OK we get it that you're rich.

• Reply 96 of 130
    I love the civility....
  • Reply 97 of 130
    Quote:

Apple's first mistake was to respond with weasel words.

We all hate it when you complain of bad service at a hotel, say, and the manager says, "You're the first person to complain about it." That's exactly what Apple are doing here, which immediately sets the wrong tone.

Their stream of boobs is multiplying alarmingly under Cook.

Don't forget how Steve Jobs made Apple great, Tim: focus. Abandon the ?Watch and concentrate on making great products; the rest will follow.

Derp.

• Reply 98 of 130
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-Daddy View Post

9 people that have reported it. If you honestly think there are only 9 phones that bend, then you sir are the asshole. 

I think when you have multiple millions sold, and over 2 million hits on the YouTube bending video, and it being breathlessly reported by every news and tech site out there and you only have 9 reporting it, you can be pretty safe in saying its an exceedingly rare occurrence.  And they're replacing the few that have.  What could you possibly have to still bitch about?

• Reply 99 of 130
    Quote:

Apple's first mistake was to respond with weasel words.

We all hate it when you complain of bad service at a hotel, say, and the manager says, "You're the first person to complain about it." That's exactly what Apple are doing here, which immediately sets the wrong tone.

Their stream of boobs is multiplying alarmingly under Cook.

Don't forget how Steve Jobs made Apple great, Tim: focus. Abandon the ?Watch and concentrate on making great products; the rest will follow.

Derp derp.

• Reply 100 of 130
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlApple View Post

The 5.5" iPhone may have the same lifespan as the 5c. Here today gone next year. 

It's still here... where the hell have you been?

Let me add my just as relevant rant as everyone else here...

Blah blah blah blah, blah blah!!! Blah blah blah. Blah!!! >:-(

OR as Tim Burton may have put it...

Bawk bawk bawk bawk, bawk. BAAAAAAWK!!! Bawk bawk! >:-(