Apple issues iOS 8.0.2 with fixes for iOS 8.0.1 cellular and Touch ID bugs [u]

Comments

• Reply 41 of 134
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]
    melgross wrote: »

I don't think the drop was because of the Feds. It was because of, first, the bending of the 6+, and secondly, the failure of 8.0.1. I suppose the fed statement may have added to it. But I would think that, if anything, it would have made the market feel better about Apple.

So how come Microsoft and Google were both down over 2% today? What does "bendgate" and iOS 8.0.1 have to do with either of those companies?
  • Reply 42 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

So how come Microsoft and Google were both down over 2% today? What does "bendgate" and iOS 8.0.1 have to do with either of those companies?

Wall Street is so reactionary they'll actually punish an entire "sector" (in this case, the "technology sector"), as if every company was equal. They are intellectually lazy and largely sheeplike with their behavior.

• Reply 43 of 134
    rogifan wrote: »

Wall Street is so reactionary they'll actually punish an entire "sector" (in this case, the "technology sector"), as if every company was equal. They are intellectually lazy and largely sheeplike with their behavior.

To an extent, yes. Apart that Apple's drop today was double that of Microsoft and Google.
  • Reply 44 of 134
    slurpy wrote: »
    How do you stand that place, and those forums? It's probably the worst cesspool of Apple-haters I've ever seen. Almost every article has a negative Apple slant, and at least 75% of all posts from "Apple fans" are extremely negative towards Apple, no matter what the topic is. It also has a shitload of trolls, with thousands of posts in their repertoire, and not a single one that even approaches a positive statement towards the company. That site has done a commendable job attracting the Apple-haters and pampering them, benefitting from the clicks. I've been banned permanently for calling someone out. 

Cesspool sums that site up nicely.
  • Reply 45 of 134
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Hardly.

DOW: -1.54%

AAPL: -3.81%

Yes, AAPL did drop a little more than the indexes, but I believe that it would probably be more accurate to compare AAPL to the NASDAQ which was down 1.94% today, because AAPL is not part of the DOW, but they are a part of the NASDAQ.

• Reply 46 of 134
    mubaili wrote: »
    Thanks but I will wait this time. Not going to be guinea pig.

Downloaded and installed it on an iPhone 5 and 5S. Works great. Resolved some of the issues that I've experienced.
    Great job Apple. Any other company would not have acknowledged the problem or let alone resolve it.
  • Reply 47 of 134

Here's how the tech sector looked today.

• Reply 48 of 134
    40000, also known as every iphone6 ( ) that downloaded it before it was pulled.
    Includes me.
  • Reply 49 of 134
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Here's how the tech sector looked today.

MSI must have invented rain to be up in such a market ;-).

• Reply 50 of 134
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Axcess99 View Post

40000, also known as every iphone6 ( ) that downloaded it before it was pulled.

Includes me.

Many people actually downloaded it and didn't have this issue. So, that's obviously not the case.

• Reply 51 of 134
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    This is awesome. Show me any medium to large software company who would turn around dot release with fixes so fast. More power to Apple. My humble advice to those paranoid people, thing go wrong once does not mean it happens all the time. Start living life. I will be installing on my iphone 6 Plus soon as finish writing this comment.
  • Reply 52 of 134
    8.0.2 fixed the two critical bugs from 8.0.1 for me. Here's hoping Apple learned something from this
  • Reply 53 of 134
    Updated my 5S via OTA to 8.0.2 (had the original 8.0.1), and now the red notification "1" won't disappear off my Settings icon, wonderful.

Think I'm gonna do the full IPSW Restore when I get home, just to make sure this thing is clean.
  • Reply 54 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Hardly.

DOW: -1.54%

AAPL: -3.81%

Nasdaq went done 2%, that's the one they're in. BTW, Apple has gone down after all releases in the last few years. You know that, but like in everything else, you are mister spin machine. The fact that it had NOT gone down up to now was exceptional and people even on this board had mentioned it already.

• Reply 55 of 134
    Well I did the update on my iPad third-generation and on my iPhone 5s and both devices seemed update perfectly no problems no errors. I can understand people being cautious but so far I haven't seen any issues with this update.
  • Reply 56 of 134
    After further testing it still seems fine. Reachability seems to be more reliable as well, a lot of times I would double tap and it wouldn't react.
  • Reply 57 of 134
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,294member
    Bear in mind, naysayers, that the bugs in iOS 8.0.1 *only* affected new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus owners. Everyone else, no issues.

I'm not saying dive in, I fully understand the concept of once bitten twice shy ... I'm just saying for all non-6 owners, come on in the water is fine (twice over).
  • Reply 58 of 134
    8.0.2 works like a charm! Nice recovery, guys.
  • Reply 60 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cutykamu View Post

Which app you are using? Can you give me the link pls?

I'm probably too lazy to go to the appstore and get a direct link, and then come back here and paste it, but I can tell you that it's an app called StockTouch, it's for iPad, it's free (there's an upgrade to pro version with some extra features if you need them), and it's pretty cool.

So just search for StockTouch on the appstore and you should be all set.