Apple issues iOS 8.0.2 with fixes for iOS 8.0.1 cellular and Touch ID bugs [u]

Comments

• Reply 61 of 134
    Up and running in under 25 minutes on my iPad 3 and iPhone 5, so far so cool...

Kudos for the quick come-back Apple.

Normal service resumed.
  • Reply 62 of 134
    I am very pleased that Apple was able to resolve this issue so quickly and to get an update out to all of us in such a short amount of time. It is my fervent hope that whatever led to this issue has been addressed at the highest levels inside Apple's organization. I can only imagine the conversations that Mr. Cook was having with his underlings. Oh to of been a fly on that wall.
  • Reply 63 of 134
    apple ][ wrote: »
    I'm probably too lazy to go to the appstore and get a direct link, and then come back here and paste it, but I can tell you that it's an app called StockTouch, it's for iPad, it's free (there's an upgrade to pro version with some extra features if you need them), and it's pretty cool.

So just search for StockTouch on the appstore and you should be all set.
    Name's enough I already got it. Thanks buddy.
  • Reply 64 of 134
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    cutykamu wrote: »
    Name's enough I already got it. Thanks buddy.

Sure, no problem!

I think that you'll like it, I use it all of the time in addition to normal charts. It gives a different perspective on things I feel, and I love how I can just pinch and zoom to view different sectors and different stocks.
  • Reply 65 of 134
    I've been a loyal Samsung guy running the Note 2 and then the Note 3. I'm ordering the iPhone plus tomarrow. Screw the bend.
  • Reply 66 of 134
    Up and running in under 25 minutes on my iPad 3 and iPhone 5, so far so cool...

Kudos for the quick come-back Apple.

Normal service resumed.

Agreed... Let's all remember that Apple has a HUGE day tomorrow as the new phones go on sale in 20 more Countries !!!!!!
  • Reply 67 of 134

Do not update, my iPhone 6 is now a brick, experiencing the same issues reported by users who updated to iOS 8.0.1. I updated now to 8.0.2 and now have no cellular service and unusable Touch ID.

• Reply 68 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Holy shit, that was fast. What happened to "a few days"?

Apple really nipping everything in the bud today.

they knew exactly where to look so it was probably child's play to find the commas that should have been periods. typical apple to under promise and over deliver on time frames. I bet half the computer repairs they take in are done within 48 hours but they still quote 3-5 days all the time. same game

• Reply 69 of 134
    Well APPLE done it again after updating my iPhone 5s to IOS 8.02 I got NO SERVICE time for someone at APPLE to be fired.
  • Reply 70 of 134
    apple ][ wrote: »
    I'll be a pig! I already have 8.0.1 installed on one of my iPads (no issues), and I just began downloading 8.02!

No problems here...
  • Reply 71 of 134
    eacumm wrote: »
    Well APPLE done it again after updating my iPhone 5s to IOS 8.02 I got NO SERVICE time for someone at APPLE to be fired.

It works fine, pay your bill for service!
  • Reply 72 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

AAPL back over $100 by this time next week. Management Funds million$ richer.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I hope so, because I loaded up a little bit today. It seemed like a good opportunity.

I wish I could too but I'm already mightily overweight on AAPL.  That's what happens your holdings of the stock does something stupid like nearly quintuple in value. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

• Reply 73 of 134
    OTA update to 8.0.2 on iPhone 6 on AT&T in US. No issues.
  • Reply 74 of 134
    eacumm wrote: »

Carrier?
  • Reply 75 of 134
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Update: According to CNBC, Apple said the iOS 8.0.1 bug affected less than 40,000 iPhone 6 handsets.

Gosh, I feel so lucky and privileged to have experienced the bug... and lost an entire afternoon in recovery, not knowing what or when Apple would do anything about it.

• Reply 76 of 134
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmia View Post

It works fine, pay your bill for service!

My bad I just had to reboot the phone, and for your information my bill is due on October 8, but I paid it on September 22 the whole $534.61 and that's most likely more then you make a week, about 1 & 1/8 of a days pay for me.

• Reply 77 of 134
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by foggyhill View Post

Many people actually downloaded it and didn't have this issue. So, that's obviously not the case.

Oh, obviously. If they didn't have an iPhone 6/6+, they had no issue. Obviously. Just a few million iPhone 6/6+ customers were vulnerable, and fortunately for the vast majority of them, Apple pulled the update before they could grab it.

• Reply 78 of 134
    8.0.2 installed and running fine in my 5s.
  • Reply 79 of 134
    rorwessels wrote: »
    I am very pleased that Apple was able to resolve this issue so quickly and to get an update out to all of us in such a short amount of time. It is my fervent hope that whatever led to this issue has been addressed at the highest levels inside Apple's organization. I can only imagine the conversations that Mr. Cook was having with his underlings. Oh to of been a fly on that wall.

Someone better get fired over this. Over 25 billion in stock devaluation, every iPhone 6 updated OTA having cellular killed.
  • Reply 80 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Yes, AAPL did drop a little more than the indexes, but I believe that it would probably be more accurate to compare AAPL to the NASDAQ which was down 1.94% today, because AAPL is not part of the DOW, but they are a part of the NASDAQ.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average is an archaic index. Two of the largest companies (by market cap) aren't even represented on the Dow (Apple and Berkshire-Hathaway). The Dow lost its relevance about twenty years ago. Basically, the sample size of 30 constituents is no longer statistically significant.

Today's more relevant indexes are the S&P 500 (large caps), Nasdaq-100 (tech-heavy exchange), and the Russell 2000 (for small caps). AAPL is a component of the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq-100.

It's a bit like baseball statistics. The oldest hitting statistic -- batting average (BAA) -- is woeful inadequate and pretty useless these days. A far better measure of a hitter's contribution is OPS = OBP (On Base Percentage) + SLG (Slugging Percentage). For pitchers, WHIP (Walks-Hits per Inning Pitched) is a helpful adjunct to ERA (Earned Run Average).