Apple tries to close iPhone 6 Plus 'bend-gate' as fashionistas come to grips with larger iPhones

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 130
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    hngfr wrote: »
    Apple should use the 60% stronger aluminium it uses in the Apple Watch, would make it lighter too.

It would weigh the same. If they use stronger thinner alloys then they lose the advantage of the stronger material
  • Reply 122 of 130
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

It would weigh the same. If they use stronger thinner alloys then they lose the advantage of the stronger material

Yes no point in having a stronger but thinner material, it would be just equal strength with less mass, so same problem when it comes to bending.

I was trying again to point out that the alloys in the Apple Watch are amorphous, Apple can manufacture an aluminium alloy that is 60% stronger BUT only when moulded not milled.

• Reply 123 of 130

APPLE bought the rights to LIQUIDMETAL technology which would produce an indestructible phone case. It's not a cheap metal but it is exactly what thin phones really need for toughness. It might have been cheaper in the long run for Apple to sacrifice some of their massive profit margin by using it on the 6, rather than paying the price for what turned out to be massive false economy using a cheap grade of soft and cheap aluminum.

• Reply 124 of 130
    h2ph2p Posts: 329member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

"If none of our pants fit the iPhones, that would be a real problem," Bonobos design chief Dwight Fenton said. "You ignore them at your own peril."  ...at least one other famous company -- haute fashion house Rag and Bone -- would be "adjusting pocket size to compensate" for the larger devices.

Ahhhh. So Samsung hasn't sold very many of their larger sized phones after all! Haven't heard a peep from fashion houses adjusting pocket sizes to accomadate Samedung. Take that.

• Reply 125 of 130
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 1,999member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by H2P View Post

Ahhhh. So Samsung hasn't sold very many of their larger sized phones after all! Haven't heard a peep from fashion houses adjusting pocket sizes to accomadate Samedung. Take that.

Logical fallacy.   This says nothing about Samsung's sale of larger phones.  It just says that those who have fashion haven't been the buyers!

• Reply 126 of 130
    h2ph2p Posts: 329member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlApple View Post

The 5.5" iPhone may have the same lifespan as the 5c. Here today gone next year. 

Gone huh? iPhone 5c is still in the lineup... for years to come, I imagine.

• Reply 127 of 130
    Originally Posted by H2P View Post

for years to come, I imagine.

Year to come.

• Reply 128 of 130
    I do not know what the issue is. My pants always broke the antenna on my old Samsung flip cell phone. So is it the problem of the manufacturer or the issue with Levi's jeans?
  • Reply 129 of 130
    Epidemics of associative ignorance are legion in the modern world just as in the world of yore. Remember a few decades ago when eel-skin wallets were being blamed as the cause for erasure of the magnetic data on credit card stripes? Facts are usually scant or non-existent in such rapidly spread misinformation.