After Apple Inc. dodged the iPhone 6 Plus BendGate bullet, detractors wounded by ricochet

11617192122

Comments

  • Reply 361 of 430
    Someone please eject this twit and his moronic, pointless posts. (Yes, I gave flagged him too).
  • Reply 362 of 430
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    ascii wrote: »
    Jony Ive is recognised as a world class designer, even among non-Apple fans. Trying to attack his hardware designs, surely you will come off second best. Doesn't that occur to them before they start?

    Even Gods make mistakes. And Ive is just a man, brilliant as he might be.

    Jobs made number of mistakes in his career. And everyone else.

    Just saying.
  • Reply 363 of 430
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    nikon133 wrote: »
    Even Gods make mistakes. And Ive is just a man, brilliant as he might be.

    Jobs made number of mistakes in his career. And everyone else.

    Just saying.
    Ive doesn't make decisions all by himself. And notice when Apple responded and invited the media to their testing lab it was Dan Riccio head of hardware engineering who gave a statement to the media not Jony Ive.
  • Reply 364 of 430
    Doubters become Bashers because they are out of ideas...

    Apple had its doubters since the iMac and iPod who became bashers when the iPhone and iPad were released because Apple had leapfrogged the competition once again and caught them sleeping at the wheel. Consumers ultimately decide the success or failure of a product, and I am predicting the new iPhones will be widely embraced. And let's remember that the iPhone hardwarenis only half of the story, iOS 8 opens doors for developers like never before, and will usher in a new wave of customizable apps, i.e. TouchID, HomeKit, HealthKit to make a few... And I those areas, the Android and others aren't even close.
  • Reply 365 of 430



    Dacloo, you are reading a piece that is clearly labelled "Editorial" and you say they should label it an opinion piece? ... Tell me you didn't just write that. From now on I suggest you reread what you have written carefully before clicking Submit. 

     

    It would be great if everyone who commented on a piece took the time to say something thoughtful. But at least all of us should take a little extra effort to not put foot in mouth. 

  • Reply 366 of 430
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by dacloo View Post



    Well, that's like your opinion, man.



    Why was the author of this article so threatened he felt the need to write this questionable article? It's full of assumptions and big statements. I'm fine with that but why not label this an "opinion piece"?



    And why add a paragraph about device speed? Yet again to show how superior Apple is. So unnecessary and so lame.



    Truth is, most people who read the mainstream news will now remember the iPhone 6+ bents like crazy and haven't really dug deeper or took the time to check out Apple's responds to it (because the response wasn't really covered on these sensationalist websites). It probably did hurt Apple somehow.



    Why not write an article in a month or so looking at the sales figures before and after BendGate? That would at least base it on facts.



    This is one of the most biased web sites on the Internet. It's not even a normal Apple fan site. The vast majority of those who post here are Apple shareholders pretending to be normal Apple users. They don't really care if it bends or not, if it has only 1Gb of RAM, or anything else. Their only goal here is how to spin every story so that their precious Apple stock will go higher and higher.

  • Reply 367 of 430

    Nelson, the "vast majority" are Apple shareholders? If you make a statement that presents information as actual fact, you need to back it up. Especially when you use such black and white terms. Otherwise folks will see you as a troll. 

     

    I will grant you that the average Apple Insider reader is willing to defend Apple against anyone who comes to the site in full attack mode. But honestly, Nelson, why do you come to a site when you hate the product? Why subject yourself to these folks you seem to dislike. It is a site for Apple users, that's what the site is all about. That's why the site has "Apple" in the title. 

     

    If I was to go to an Android site and trash their OS or hardware, I would expect the folks there to defend their product. But I won't do that -- because I have this weird idea that people should be able to buy a phone or a car or any product and not get attacked for that choice. You want an Android  phone, go for it! Enjoy it. That is your choice and for you it's a perfect choice. But don't come to the site of a product you hate and get all angry -- in fact, why are you coming here at all??? If someone buys a product you don't like, don't get all religious on them, leave them alone. 

  • Reply 368 of 430

    You're neither smart nor thoughtful:  please stop posting.

     

    Thanks.

  • Reply 369 of 430
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    You're neither smart nor thoughtful:  please stop posting.

    Thanks.

    You should have prefaced that comment with "Attention Internet Users".
  • Reply 370 of 430
    haarhaar Posts: 563member
    tmay wrote: »
    Let me guess. You don't even remember when Apple didn't have enough resources to deliver both iOS and OSX on time, nor remember the rollout of the iPod, ("only 4 GB. Lame")

    Oh yes, the LiveStream. Obvious failure, but unprecedented number of viewers. I'm guessing that Apple is putting some serious work into that with their own delivery system. Not much of a black eye to consumers in that any other consumer company in the world would kill for the streaming problems Apple had brought on by the popularity of the Keynote.

    There's always a preorder nightmare. Too many buyers chasing too little product. News; it will happen again next year. Again, any other consumer company in the world would kill for that problem.

    Apple did give an entry price, implied that it wasn't finished, and have developers on board working on the aWatch. A bit secretive so that the copiers don't get details. You know of whom I am speaking of.

    Far as I know, there isn't a law against paying someone to get in line and buy a product and ship it overseas to make more money in the grey market, and frankly it wasn't only people of Chinese origin that were doing this. Again, other companies, blah blah blah. Plenty of stores throughout the U.S. where this didn't happen. Go figure.

    Bendgate. Internet histeria and from my readings of just the Mac forums, a substantially limited capacity to understand anything about product design and engineering. I've seldom read so many comments with zero grounding in applied science or engineering, but forgiven as so few people are interested in engineering, physics or applied science education in the U.S.

    iOS 8.01 only affected some 40,000 users. Considering that there are now 10's of millions of iOS 8 users, and that Apple quickly delivered 8.02, I'm not seeing all that much of a black eye. 

    As for leadership and all that, you have no concept of history or even Steve Jobs if you believe that things were better under his leadership, because all I see is his most trusted lieutenant, Tim Cook taking the reigns of the company and delivering products, services and software and a pace that Steve would be quite proud of. The difference for Steve was that he didn't have the luxury of any failure at all when he came back to Apple, and that's what's special about him, and he passed that on to Tim and Apple employees.

    So yeah, there have been glitches, but once the internet histeria drops off, leaving you and your ilk in the past, it will be one grand slam for financials as consumers buy Apple products in droves.

    The competition is very afraid and very afraid of what comes next.

    BTW. Is it only me not understanding why all of these so called test used the single load from the back and not also from the front, which would be the failure mode of an iPhone screen in the back pocket, screen in.

    Morons at Consumer reports. I'm assuming that Apple tests for pretty much all failure modes.

    Add to that the fact that a case that doesn't fail but doesn't protect the electronics really has no benefit. In actual fact, the tests should have been done with the phones on, and note made when they stopped functioning, which is in fact, the failure mode important to consumers.

    But its pointless to even test these as the failure rate due to bending is so limited in the real world.
    bold text... wow, you are right!... if the
    youtube video had shown the loading from the front, it would have been dismissed, because the screen would have been supposedly destroyed, and people would have thought who presses on their iPhone like that. Meaning the payday the YouTube's author get would have been nothing.
  • Reply 371 of 430
    tmaytmay Posts: 5,465member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NelsonX View Post

     



    This is one of the most biased web sites on the Internet. It's not even a normal Apple fan site. The vast majority of those who post here are Apple shareholders pretending to be normal Apple users. They don't really care if it bends or not, if it has only 1Gb of RAM, or anything else. Their only goal here is how to spin every story so that their precious Apple stock will go higher and higher.




    Usually, I lay off of the pruno Sunday night...

    You might consider that good advice.

  • Reply 372 of 430
    nelsonx wrote: »

    This is one of the most biased web sites on the Internet. It's not even a normal Apple fan site. The vast majority of those who post here are Apple shareholders pretending to be normal Apple users. They don't really care if it bends or not, if it has only 1Gb of RAM, or anything else. Their only goal here is how to spin every story so that their precious Apple stock will go higher and higher.

    This comment is laughable.
    Many of us are here to have frank discussions and fight the trolls that pollute the discussion with fact-less posts and doom-and-gloom theories.
  • Reply 373 of 430
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by muppetry View Post





    You should have prefaced that comment with "Attention Internet Users".

    Oops - that was intended for Mr. "Apple needs a meditation..."

  • Reply 374 of 430
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,468member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NelsonX View Post

     

     


    1. This is one of the most biased web sites on the Internet.

    2. It's not even a normal Apple fan site.

    3. The vast majority of those who post here are Apple shareholders...

    4. ...pretending to be normal Apple users.

    5. They don't really care if it bends or not,...

    6. ...if it has only 1Gb of RAM,...

    7. ...or anything else.

    8. Their only goal here is how to spin every story so that their precious Apple stock will go higher and higher.


     

    The points in your comment are broken out individually.  Please site proof of each and the source of your facts.

     

    1.

    2.

    3.

    4.

    5.

    6.

    7.

    8.

  • Reply 375 of 430
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NelsonX View Post

     



    This is one of the most biased web sites on the Internet. It's not even a normal Apple fan site. The vast majority of those who post here are Apple shareholders pretending to be normal Apple users. They don't really care if it bends or not, if it has only 1Gb of RAM, or anything else. Their only goal here is how to spin every story so that their precious Apple stock will go higher and higher.


     

    True, but I doubt majority of them are apple shareholders. Only a few.

  • Reply 376 of 430
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Russell View Post

     
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NelsonX View Post

     



    This is one of the most biased web sites on the Internet. It's not even a normal Apple fan site. The vast majority of those who post here are Apple shareholders pretending to be normal Apple users. They don't really care if it bends or not, if it has only 1Gb of RAM, or anything else. Their only goal here is how to spin every story so that their precious Apple stock will go higher and higher.


     

    True, but I doubt majority of them are apple shareholders. Only a few.


     

     

    No need to answer idle speculation with more idle speculation. The proportion could be anything. I would imagine it's probably more than the average population, but I wouldn't go any further than that. It could be 5% or 95%.

  • Reply 377 of 430
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by icoco3 View Post

     

     

    The points in your comment are broken out individually.  Please site proof of each and the source of your facts.

     

    1.

    2.

    3.

    4.

    5.

    6.

    7.

    8.


     

    "Apple Inc. dodged the iPhone 6 Plus BendGate bullet, detractors wounded by ricochet"

     

    Consumer Reports tested 6 phones. Their test method was virtually identical to how apple tests their products. They found the iphone 6/6+ are among the weakest. 

    The iphone 6 and the HTC One both deforms at 70lbs. The 6+ deforms at 90lbs. 

    The LG G3 and the iphone 5 both deforms at 130lbs 

    The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 deforms at 150lbs.

     

    The iphone 6/6+ are clearly weaker than the 5. When it first came out, the 5 had claims of bending too. Since the 6/6+ are nearly 50% weaker, there should be more claims in the future.

     

    As of now, Apple is not out of the woods, and no detractors have been wounded.

  • Reply 378 of 430
    russell wrote: »
    Their test method was virtually identical to how apple tests their products.

    Not even close.
  • Reply 379 of 430
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

     

     

     

    No need to answer idle speculation with more idle speculation. The proportion could be anything. I would imagine it's probably more than the average population, but I wouldn't go any further than that. It could be 5% or 95%.


     

    Idle speculation is the foundation of sites like this.

  • Reply 380 of 430
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post





    Not even close.

     

    Care to explain?

Sign In or Register to comment.