Apple & Colette plan Fashion Week event in Paris, may be Apple Watch-related [update: confirmed]

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited October 2015
An invitation that appeared Monday morning on the website of famous Parisian concept store Colette suggests that Apple may show off its new smart watch during Fashion Week in Paris at an event set to run between 11:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. local time on Tuesday.

The invitation's circular pattern closely aligns with the
The invitation's circular pattern closely aligns with the "universe"-style user interface on the Apple Watch.

"Colette and Apple invite you to a one day only experience," the invitation reads. It was first discovered by French blog Mac Generation, which also noted the similarity between the invitation's circular pattern and the user interface design of the Apple Watch.

Colette is a famous name in French fashion circles, and its 8,000 square foot concept store on Rue Saint-Honor? is one of Paris's most trendy boutiques. Tuesday's event comes in the middle of the annual ready-to-wear shows in the French capital.

Though it remains unknown whether the event is specifically related to the Apple Watch, it seems likely that that is the case.

In an earlier post on his own website, well-known horological blogger Ariel Adams hinted that Apple could be considering offering the Apple Watch for sale in high-end department stores and boutiques, such as Colette. Apple representatives are said to have told Adams that expanding distribution beyond Apple Stores and existing technology retailers is "an interesting idea."

Update: According to multiple eyewitness accounts, the Apple Watch is now on display at Colette.

Source: Instagram user papasoey

Comments

• Reply 1 of 52
    This seems to mesh with some of the speculation that the Edition watch will sell for $4000 plus, putting well into the high end fashion watch realm. Pairing it with couture fashion makes sense.

Correction: Colette is not couture. Expensive I think, but not super high fashion. So maybe not the Edition Apple Watch. In March of this year a Colette boutique was robbed of $825,000 in goods (primarily watches), so I guess their stuff is pricey.
  • Reply 2 of 52

In related news, the flagship Salvation Army used clothing store will be holding an exclusive one day event with Samsung, showing off the latest trendy Android watches. Interest amongst the homeless is rumored to be huge, with the event being held from noon to six PM on Oct. 1, 2014.

The first fifty in line will receive a free coupon which entitles them to get one free cup of soup at the soup kitchen, which is conveniently located next door.

• Reply 3 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

In related news, the flagship Salvation Army used clothing store will be holding an exclusive one day event with Samsung, showing off the latest trendy Android watches. Interest amongst the homeless is rumored to be huge, with the event being held from noon to six PM on Oct. 1, 2014.

The first fifty in line will receive a free coupon which entitles them to get one free cup of soup at the soup kitchen, which is conveniently located next door.

I vote this as worst post of the day.

• Reply 4 of 52
    Quote:

actually it gave me a laugh so it was not the worse

and Samsung online fashion retailer is Woot

• Reply 5 of 52
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ibeam View Post

I vote this as worst post of the day.

Sometimes the most offensive posts/jokes make for the best ones. I say keep them coming.

• Reply 6 of 52
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    So I first noticed on Instagram that some Apple designers were attending fashion week in Paris. MacRumors took one of the photos I posted (which was not linked back to an actual account) and slapped it on their front page with the name of the designer and his Instagram account. Um, no, not the thing to do. :no: His account is now private.
  • Reply 7 of 52
    I can't call it the worst joke of the day given Samsung's habitual anti-Apple attack ads.

(Well deserved.)

((But some may think the ads are the cats' pajamas. It's a matter of the 'I' of the beholder.))
  • Reply 8 of 52
    Quote:

It really is time that you stopped acting the sociopathic asshole !

• Reply 9 of 52
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pk22901 View Post

I can't call it the worst joke of the day given Samsung's habitual anti-Apple attack ads.

Exactly! Thank You!

Anybody complaining about my post can kiss my ass! They must be Fandroids in disguise.

I will continue to mock Android, Samsung and Fandroids on this forum as much as I please.

• Reply 10 of 52
    Quote:

Exactly! Thank You!

Anybody complaining about my post can kiss my ass! They must be Fandroids in disguise.

I will continue to mock Android, Samsung and Fandroids on this forum as much as I please.

I find it hard to believe anyone would fault you for just criticizing Android on a Mac site. I think the problem stems from you equating homeless to Android. You can generalize Android as shitty but it's not fair to lump that in with the homeless ;-)

• Reply 11 of 52
    Quote:

In related news, the flagship Salvation Army used clothing store will be holding an exclusive one day event with Samsung, showing off the latest trendy Android watches.

The only problem is that there were so few Samsung watches sold, there hardly will be any used ones to buy. 

It would be best to keep the homeless out of the picture.  Even they wouldn't be interested in the Samsung watch.

• Reply 12 of 52
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    you know that ?Watch homescreen image gives me an idea...

Wouldn't it be cool if you could switch to that "universe"-style interface on the larger display iPhone 6's home screen? With circular app icons?

You can pinch to zoom and on a single home screen fit 50 icons on iPhone 6 and 70 icons on iPhone 6 Plus.

This would accompany ?Watch users nicely.

Edit: Would be even cooler if you can only unlock this option if your iPhone 6 is tethered to an ?Watch.
  • Reply 13 of 52
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    wigby wrote: »

Sometimes the most offensive posts/jokes make for the best ones. I say keep them coming.

Talking about coming, when I masturbated in the past I usesd a Samsung Galaxy Note exclusively as it had the most powerful vibrate mode, that was until I moved on to an iPhone 6 Plus after my Note, well let's just say disappeared, my orgasms have now multiplied expeditiously over the last few weeks and I've currently learned that I am squirter. Divorce proceedings are now in motion. How's that, offensive enough for ya?
  • Reply 14 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Nice.

Post of the day.

The guy who said its the worst post of the day is a Samsung shrill.  Look at his post count.

No, I would have laughed at that post if he substituted Salvation Army with JC Penny and substituted homeless with overweight hillbillies and substituted soup kitchen with McDonalds free Big Mac. Those are the Android comparisons. No reason to rail on a well respected charity and disadvantaged homeless people, some of whom might even be war veterans or suffer from mental illness.

• Reply 15 of 52

Check out http://www.colette.fr.... eewwww.... assuming I am at the right place, what a fugly website, full of cheap-looking stuff.

These guys are tastemakers in Paris!?

• Reply 16 of 52
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Talking about coming, when I masturbated in the past I usesd a Samsung Galaxy Note exclusively as it had the most powerful vibrate mode, that was until I moved on to an iPhone 6 Plus after my Note, well let's just say disappeared, my orgasms have now multiplied expeditiously over the last few weeks and I've currently learned that I am squirter. Divorce proceedings are now in motion. How's that, offensive enough for ya?

I think the AI site just went adult.

• Reply 17 of 52
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    wigby wrote: »

I think the AI site just went adult.

Chuga boink, chuga wow wow, hey you wanted offensive. I thought as one of the few female AI regulars it would come off even more disgusting.
  • Reply 18 of 52

I already see the humor in this without finding it in the least bit deprecating. The author is after Samsung not the homeless. The big problem I see on forum sites like this is commentary from those always looking to have to say something without being in the least interesting (except perhaps to their Mother and even there...). Maybe the author will drop me a line: [email protected]

No doubt we could have some interesting conversations once in awhile by not letting the PC police in.

• Reply 19 of 52
    wigbywigby Posts: 692member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Chuga boink, chuga wow wow, hey you wanted offensive. I thought as one of the few female AI regulars it would come off even more disgusting.

brown chicken brown cow.

you might have to say it a few times until it clicks.

• Reply 20 of 52
    I agree with Wigby, it's insulting to insinuate that the homeless would have such poor taste as to choose android. Despite the free soup incentive.