Apple & Colette plan Fashion Week event in Paris, may be Apple Watch-related [update: confirmed]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 52

As noted by forum member Rogifan...

I just noticed you are being given credited for the picture. Congratulations!

• Reply 22 of 52
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    gregnacu wrote: »
    I agree with Wigby, it's insulting to insinuate that the homeless would have such poor taste as to choose android. Despite the free soup incentive.

Are you serious, a phone doesn't reflect the kind of person you are. I have a Porsche Design P'9882, a Lumia 1020, a Nexus 5 and I just pre-ordered a BlackBerry Passport. All that says about me is that I like tech, have a little disposable income and most importantly has zero loyalties to anyone particular brand. Nothing about having poor taste. I believe just using a single brand limits an individuals perspective and potential knowledge base. I'm not belittling the iPhone, I think it's a great platform for those seeking it's feature set but there is absolutely nothing wrong with using an Android phone either, especially when it's done right like with a Nexus or Google Play device.
  • Reply 23 of 52
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    wigby wrote: »
    brown chicken brown cow.

you might have to say it a few times until it clicks.

Aahhh, okay cool, got it.
  • Reply 24 of 52
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Check out http://www.colette.fr.... eewwww.... assuming I am at the right place, what a fugly website, full of cheap-looking stuff.

These guys are tastemakers in Paris!?

Horrid Web site. Great music to shop to. The one song I listened to was purchased on my new iPhone 6 with Touch ID!

• Reply 25 of 52
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    ibeam wrote: »
    No, I would have laughed at that post if he substituted Salvation Army with JC Penny and substituted homeless with overweight hillbillies and substituted soup kitchen with McDonalds free Big Mac. Those are the Android comparisons. No reason to rail on a well respected charity and disadvantaged homeless people, some of whom might even be war veterans or suffer from mental illness.

nailed it.
  • Reply 26 of 52
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Check out http://www.colette.fr.... eewwww.... assuming I am at the right place, what a fugly website, full of cheap-looking stuff.

I found a nice looking Seraphin crocodile Nubuck jacket for 27,500 euro, er I mean $34,870.

• Reply 27 of 52
    apple ][ wrote: »
    In related news, the flagship Salvation Army used clothing store will be holding an exclusive one day event with Samsung, showing off the latest trendy Android watches. Interest amongst the homeless is rumored to be huge, with the event being held from noon to six PM on Oct. 1, 2014.

The first fifty in line will receive a free coupon which entitles them to get one free cup of soup at the soup kitchen, which is conveniently located next door.

Here's an actual photograph of the Samsung watch display
  • Reply 28 of 52
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by wigby View Post

Sometimes the most offensive posts/jokes make for the best ones. I say keep them coming.

Talking about coming, when I masturbated in the past I usesd a Samsung Galaxy Note exclusively as it had the most powerful vibrate mode, that was until I moved on to an iPhone 6 Plus after my Note, well let's just say disappeared, my orgasms have now multiplied expeditiously over the last few weeks and I've currently learned that I am squirter. Divorce proceedings are now in motion. How's that, offensive enough for ya?

This.  

+1

• Reply 29 of 52
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jameskatt2 View Post

The only problem is that there were so few Samsung watches sold, there hardly will be any used ones to buy. 

It would be best to keep the homeless out of the picture.  Even they wouldn't be interested in the Samsung watch.

They'll have to buy one each year just to get any kind of tech support. 

• Reply 30 of 52
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ibeam View Post

No, I would have laughed at that post if he substituted Salvation Army with JC Penny and substituted homeless with overweight hillbillies and substituted soup kitchen with McDonalds free Big Mac. Those are the Android comparisons. No reason to rail on a well respected charity and disadvantaged homeless people, some of whom might even be war veterans or suffer from mental illness.

Totally disagree. No person and no group is immune from being in a joke.

And why is it ok to use hillbillies and obese people in a joke as you suggest, but not homeless people? Who decides that? Sorry, I don't take instructions from the PC police and overly sensitive liberals.

Hillbilly is a term (often derogatory) for people who dwell in rural, mountainous areas primarily in Appalachia, but also parts of the Ozarks in the United States.

The majority of 'hillbillies' are most likely much more productive people than any homeless people are, who basically do nothing and contribute nothing. I mentioned on this forum that I went to Las Vegas a few months ago. Overall, the trip was great and I had a lot of fun, but I was surprised by the amount of homeless people and beggars there. They were stationed on virtually every single street corner. They were quite annoying, and they should be kicked out of town, as they are a nuisance, and I'd rather not see any of them. I would like for them to be hidden from my view.

As for the Salvation Army, I actually had to get rid of a bunch of clothes about six months ago, when I was cleaning out my closets. Instead of me simply throwing them out in the trash, I actually took an hour out of my day to deliver them to a Salvation Army store that is close to where I live, being the awesome humanitarian that I am. Some of the items were brand new, with the tags still on them. I  just didn't like them anymore, and I had no use for them. Homeless people should be thanking me for my acts of kindness.

• Reply 31 of 52
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Nice.

Post of the day.

The guy who said its the worst post of the day is a Samsung shrill.  Look at his post count.

Post count doesn't make him a shrill - only the content of his post proves it.

Aside from that, Apple is doing the right thing with the Apple Watch - making it a fashion accessory.  I'll be buying THREE.

• Reply 32 of 52
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

In related news, the flagship Salvation Army used clothing store will be holding an exclusive one day event with Samsung, showing off the latest trendy Android watches. Interest amongst the homeless is rumored to be huge, with the event being held from noon to six PM on Oct. 1, 2014.

The first fifty in line will receive a free coupon which entitles them to get one free cup of soup at the soup kitchen, which is conveniently located next door.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Exactly! Thank You!

Anybody complaining about my post can kiss my ass! They must be Fandroids in disguise.

I will continue to mock Android, Samsung and Fandroids on this forum as much as I please.

Everyone on this board knows I'm the furthest thing from a "fandroid in disguise", and I still find you and your posts filthy. This isn't some one-time joke in bad taste. If we removed all your posts where you go out of your way to bash and smear minorities, Muslims, Obama, homeless people- in a thread discussing an Apple topic- then you'd have almost no posts left on this forum. What's in bad taste is your relentless practise of shoehorning your racist and xenophobic ideology everywhere you can. You can do this all you want in the political forums, where people can choose not to visit. But stop forcing everyone who wants to discuss Apple to read your off-topic and hateful drivel. 

• Reply 33 of 52
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Everyone on this board knows I'm the furthest thing from a "fandroid in disguise", and I still find you and your posts filthy. This isn't some one-time joke in bad taste. If we removed all your posts where you go out of your way to bash and smear minorities, Muslims, Obama, homeless people- in a thread discussing an Apple topic- then you'd have almost no posts left on this forum. What's in bad taste is your relentless practise of shoehorning your racist and xenophobic ideology everywhere you can. You can do this all you want in the political forums, where people can choose not to visit. But stop forcing everyone who wants to discuss Apple to read your off-topic and hateful drivel. 

I would like to alert you to a brand new, amazing feature found on this forum called 'Block Member'. It can be found by clicking on the poster's name, and it is the last option on the list.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I don't really care about what you think about my posts.

• Reply 34 of 52
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

I would like to alert you to a brand new, amazing feature found on this forum called 'Block Member'. It can be found by clicking on the poster's name, and it is the last option on the list.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I don't really care about what you think about my posts.

I think this site could really do without you. ... actually ANY site could do without you.

• Reply 35 of 52
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    As <a href="http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=19952383&postcount=9" style="border-bottom-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-bottom-style:solid;border-bottom-width:1px;color:rgb(0,0,136);margin:0px;padding:0px;" target="_blank">noted</a>
     by forum member <em style="color:rgb(4,20,39);margin:0px;padding:0px;">Rogifan...</em>

I just noticed you are being given credited for the picture. Congratulations!
    The picture that caused someone's Instagram account to go private. I really wasn't expecting MR to publish the photo on its front page. And then 9to5Mac did the same thing (though not using my photos).
  • Reply 36 of 52

Hmm...I think I'm going to trust Apple's judgement over random posters on AI.
  • Reply 37 of 52
    ibeamibeam Posts: 322member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

The site is not an elegant design by Apple standards and the merchandise is certainly not my taste, but they have some really expensive items and also some really cheap goods too. A $7,000 leather jacket, $9,000 watch, $1,600 woman's handbag, $500 sunglasses. They even sell shampoo and toothbrushes. Absolutely odd collection of wares. The site is kind of corny, and punk, but the merchandise is well organized and it is a very fast server.

• Reply 38 of 52
    slurpy wrote: »
    Quote:
    <div class="quote-block" style="border:1px solid rgb(217,218,216);color:rgb(0,0,0);padding:10px;">Originally Posted by Apple ][ go_quote.gif

Exactly! Thank You!

Anybody complaining about my post can kiss my ass! They must be Fandroids in disguise.

I will continue to mock Android, Samsung and Fandroids on this forum as much as I please.</div>

Er, not sure who should get offended by Apple11's post.
    Who denies that the Salvation Army distributes second hand clothes ?
    Who denies homeless people take second hand clothes - and have been known to queue for free soup ?

Ah, perhaps Samsung fans were offended by the suggestion that the gear watch is crap.
    Humourless bunch these samsung fans.
  • Reply 39 of 52
    rogifan wrote: »

Hmm.... I trust you'll make that a self-admonition the next time you decide to whine about Apple's product designs, Tim Cook's leadership, Apple's investor relations, etc. :lol:

That said, the website is rather Alibaba-like and crappy. Don't you agree?
  • Reply 40 of 52
    Hmm.... I trust you'll make that a self-admonition the next time you decide to whine about Apple's product designs, Tim Cook's leadership, Apple's investor relations, etc. :lol:

That said, the website is rather Alibaba-like and crappy. Don't you agree?
    you got me there :p but I'm not going to make a judgement based on the look of a website. I'm going to assume Angela Ahrendts and Paul Deneve know what they're doing.