PayPal purportedly cut out of Apple Pay due to partnership with Samsung

Comments

• Reply 41 of 175
    I just want to know; with the separation of ebay and Paypal, will ebay add ApplePay to it's service? (please, please,please)
    I, so, want to DUMP PayPal, and never look back.
  • Reply 42 of 175
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    Personally, I like the idea of only having to carry my phone... with absolutely no use for a wallet.

I may be dead and buried before everything is on the phone but I really believe that is the future.

The wallet is so old fashioned.

(by the way... my wallet is bent from carrying it in my back pocket)

LMAOL
  • Reply 43 of 175
    Typical move by Apple who is acting like a petulant child. Companies must expand their services to remain competitive and signing up with a single company regardless of how self important they think they are is business suicide.

PayPal has shareholders (via eBay) and soon their own shareholders when they are split off from eBay. If Apple can't handle the business world doing business they should get out of the game.
  • Reply 44 of 175
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Amhran View Post

I have zero intention of using either one of them. Are we realy so lazy as a country that we're physically incapable of reaching into our wallets and pulling out credit/debit cards?

Dude, you think using 50 year old technology is the way to keep your money safe in the digital age; knock yourself out. The banks are going to ditch credit cards faster than you can whistle…      whatever it is that you like to whistle.

• Reply 45 of 175
    raptoroo7 wrote: »
    Typical move by Apple who is acting like a petulant child. Companies must expand their services to remain competitive and signing up with a single company regardless of how self important they think they are is business suicide.

PayPal has shareholders (via eBay) and soon their own shareholders when they are split off from eBay. If Apple can't handle the business world doing business they should get out of the game.

The worlds most vaulable company, that already is trusted with more than 800 million credit cards, will have no problem going forward without PayPal.
  • Reply 46 of 175
    Originally Posted by RaptorOO7 View Post

Typical move by Apple who is acting like a petulant child.

lol.

I’m pretty sure they just want to deal with corporations who aren’t known for stealing their users’ money and/or having breaches of security that get their users’ money stolen by third parties.

Companies must expand their services to remain competitive…

So I guess PayPal will have to look elsewhere to do that, huh.

…and signing up with a single company regardless of how self important they think they are is business suicide.

So wouldn’t this advice be better suited to Samsung than Apple?

• Reply 47 of 175
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RaptorOO7 View Post

Wha.. Huh… Wha ???

• Reply 48 of 175
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,101member
    So Apple leaves out VW (the largest auto manufacturer in world) and Audi from CarPlay (at least initially) and now is leaving out PayPal, the largest mobile payments system in the world. I have to wonder about some of the executive decisions being made at Apple lately.
  • Reply 49 of 175
    I am not buying this tale in the word of some no name site with alleged sources.

Sure PayPal might have been interested but Apple likely said no cause they intend for their service to make things like PayPal moot. Especially for online ordering.
  • Reply 50 of 175
    Originally Posted by BobSchlob View Post

The banks are going to ditch credit cards

Screw credit cards. I prefer paper money. In my hand. To their hand.

• Reply 51 of 175
    tyler82 wrote: »
    So Apple leaves out VW (the largest auto manufacturer in world) and Audi from CarPlay (at least initially) ....

What an idiotic post. You could at least do a simple search before making silly assertions like this.
  • Reply 52 of 175
    slurpy wrote: »
    Paypal made a deal with Samsung while they were in talks with Apple. Why the **** shouldnt they hold it against them"? Paypal made their bed, and it was the wrong one.  Everyone knows how shit the fingerprint sensor is on the S5, for example. They showed they have little vision and insight. Now, they will pay for it. Glad Apple completely dropped them. 

Agree! If the are not loyal from the beginning, what would make you think they (paypal) will be loyal later on when they have more insight and can screw apple badly
  • Reply 53 of 175
    Apple hates Samsung so much, they wanna punish PayPal. Great...
  • Reply 54 of 175
    palegolas wrote: »
    Apple hates Samsung so much, they wanna punish PayPal. Great...

Sounds like PayPal is punishing themselves. I think the term is 'cutting off their nose to spit their face.'
  • Reply 55 of 175
    Can't wait to ditch PayPal. Trashy site, trashy iOS app. The only reason I've kept them on is that they can act as a buffer between my financial data and many retail websites, especially non-US ones, that I do not really know well. The only credit card I have on there is one I do not use anywhere else.

Let's hope ApplePay proves to be everything it promises to be and more. And quickly. I hate to say this, but given the history of some of Apple's less-than-stellar networked offerings (e.g., the whole series of DotMac/iDisk/MobileMe etc., iTunes Match, the increasingly bloated and dysfunctional iTunes, Ping, iCloud, iWork in the cloud), I will wait a few months to form my judgment.

The part I don't get is how ?Pay competes with PayPal at this time, or rather, in October when the update gets pushed to iOS. So far it's only a great solution for replacing physical cards where NFC payment systems are used. I wouldn't expect Apple to grow ?Pay into a more universal, internet-based payment system where banks can generate virtual cards per site/merchant until next iOS 9.
  • Reply 56 of 175
    raptoroo7 wrote: »

Typical smug response from the self important Apple hating crowd. If you can't handle Apple's strong bargaining position in the business world, you should get out of the game.
  • Reply 57 of 175
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

So Apple leaves out VW (the largest auto manufacturer in world) and Audi from CarPlay (at least initially) and now is leaving out PayPal, the largest mobile payments system in the world. I have to wonder about some of the executive decisions being made at Apple lately.

The executive decisions are the same as they've always been, "What's best for the CUSTOMER", not the conglomerate or business partner.

Do you like buying 1 song instead of buying a whole album?  Where'd that come from?

Apple re-makes ENTIRE INDUSTRIES in the CUSTOMERs benefit.

Even personal opinions should be made in context.

• Reply 58 of 175
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Screw credit cards. I prefer paper money. In my hand. To their hand.

I prefer when Paper Money goes from someone else's hand INTO my hand.

If I get enough of it, I'll get the Watch.  Oops.  Topic-contamination.

• Reply 59 of 175
    What I usually do is go into PayPal, select a credit card and pay. I don't really need PayPal in the middle of this transaction.
  • Reply 60 of 175
    Please technology and soft ware gods let Apple pay work well!