Apple says iOS 8 on 47% of devices as adoption rate slows, tied with iOS 7 distribution

Comments

• Reply 41 of 117
    Ios 8 jailbreak is here guys just got my ios 8.1 jailbreaked so i thought sharing wouldnt hurt me ;) any questions feel free to ask link is------> http://www.linkbucks.com/AOWg2
  • Reply 42 of 117

8 has slowed my iPad down to an annoying crawl.

• Reply 43 of 117
    Ios 8 jailbreak is here guys just got my ios 8.1 jailbreaked so i thought sharing wouldnt hurt me ;) any questions feel free to ask link is------> http://www.linkbucks.com/AOWg2
  • Reply 44 of 117
  • Reply 45 of 117
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Nice deflection.

If you pretend to be an idiot long enough...

• Reply 46 of 117
    Another non-issue. Millions of people ordered the 6 and will still wait a couple of weeks longer to get them. Alot of those folks are waiting for the new hardware before they upgrade.
  • Reply 47 of 117
    bradipaobradipao Posts: 145member

8 has slowed my iPad down to an annoying crawl.

For that reason I will never update the 4S of my wife.
  • Reply 48 of 117
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

I have an iPad Air, and iO8 has made it so much better. Haven't had 1 crash, 

I haven't been that lucky though. My iPad Air has crashed multiple times - at least once a day. It is annoying.

I have no problems on my iPhone 5c though. iOS 8 is great on it.

• Reply 49 of 117
    crossladcrosslad Posts: 527member
    I think it is because this year iPhone 4 users like myself cannot upgrade. Last year we were able to upgrade to ios7. I have upgraded my iPad 2 and iPad mini retina without any problems. My daughter has not upgraded her iPhone 5 because she is not bothered about which os it is running as long as she can get on Facebook, Instagram etc. Her contract is up for renewal but she is not getting a new iPhone as she prefers the size of her iPhone 5.
  • Reply 50 of 117
    scartartscartart Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bradipao View Post

For that reason I will never update the 4S of my wife.

After the disaster that is iOS 7 on an iPhone 4 I'm not going to risk iOS 8 on an iPhone 4s, especially since Apple don't provide a way to roll back.

• Reply 51 of 117
    scartartscartart Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Either Apple needs to make more efficient so it requires less space or they need to stop with the base storage model being 16GB.

Unfortunately Apple still feels it is fine to sell the iPhone 5c with 8GB of storage!

• Reply 52 of 117
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    And with 8.0.2 my camera and FaceTime on my 5S are taking photos and video upside down. Come on Apple, get it together...
  • Reply 53 of 117
    Might be easier said than done, but couldn't they develop a two stage update process for devices with limited capacity
  • Reply 54 of 117
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    I'm quite sure there are in fact many stupid people with iPhones, and I'm equally sure that's a major factor....

ROFLOL - perfect!
  • Reply 55 of 117
    nkhmnkhm Posts: 928member
    So much nonsense being spouted on here.

Take the 'average' phone user. Not particularly tech-savvy, certainly not the sort who follows sites like these.

They go to update their iPhones and are told there isn't enough room to do so. Game over. They don't know how to use the 'usage' option buried in settings, they aren't told about the option to connect to a computer to use an iTunes update. Indeed, many of them will never have connected their phone to their computer.

That's your stumbling block. About time Apple got back to intuitive, easy to use software with clear explanations.

Until people are made aware that they don't need to delete half the stuff on their phone in order to update, they will be stuck on ios7. They don't care about reports of 'bugs' in the tech media, time to understand how 'normal' people use their phones, and the average level of technical ability.

Apple are as out of touch with the layman/average user as most people posting in this site, ask your mum/gran if she knows how to update when there's not enough room on her phone, and ask her all about the 8.0.1 issues - they don't know or care.

Welcome to the real world.
  • Reply 56 of 117
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Crawl back into your spider hole. You serve no useful purpose here.

I think he has a very good point. My girlfriend is livid about iOS8 (I made her install it , so I can tell you for sure I hear of it daily...) and my boss, boss's wife, and colleagues are all waiting for "a known release with no problems".

The BendGate was ridiculous, but the real "gate" scandal was the iOs8-gate. 

Now, I fully expect this to resolve itself very fast, as soon as Apple pushes out a fast release of iOS with no issue, but for now, "normal people" are waiting for the "National Press" (free newspapers in trains, tv anchormen, etc) to tell them it's safe to upgrade.

• Reply 57 of 117
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nkhm View Post

So much nonsense being spouted on here.

Take the 'average' phone user. Not particularly tech-savvy, certainly not the sort who follows sites like these.

They go to update their iPhones and are told there isn't enough room to do so. Game over. They don't know how to use the 'usage' option buried in settings, they aren't told about the option to connect to a computer to use an iTunes update. Indeed, many of them will never have connected their phone to their computer.

That's your stumbling block. About time Apple got back to intuitive, easy to use software with clear explanations.

Until people are made aware that they don't need to delete half the stuff on their phone in order to update, they will be stuck on ios7. They don't care about reports of 'bugs' in the tech media, time to understand how 'normal' people use their phones, and the average level of technical ability.

Apple are as out of touch with the layman/average user as most people posting in this site, ask your mum/gran if she knows how to update when there's not enough room on her phone, and ask her all about the 8.0.1 issues - they don't know or care.

Welcome to the real world.

Very good point too! My gf was also very annoyed at me for deleting her games so she may install iOS8, which she is very unhappy with... Now, GameCenter means she has her progress saved fine, but try explaining that ^^

(Her iTunes is unavailable because she's out-of-town for six months, and she did not take the 27i iMac in her bag, obviously ^^' which makes a nice point: iPad OS updates that require a quarter of your device  to be free imply your iPad cannot be your primary computer)

• Reply 58 of 117
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ScartArt View Post

Unfortunately Apple still feels it is fine to sell the iPhone 5c with 8GB of storage!

It *IS* fine. My younger sister  needs a smartphone to check email and call people and send SMS. She doesn't play games, she won't use apps, she listens to music on her MBP and watches movies on the AppleTV.

8GB is more than enough for her use.

• Reply 59 of 117
    This is the first update I have had for an iOS device that has created so many problems. It is full of bugs, some in the press, some not. For me, and thousands of others, it is an intermittent Wifi connection problem.

Since moving four devices to iOS 8, 8.02, they all have problems connecting to the internet through Wifi. They had no problems with iOS 7.1.2. The one device I did not update has no problems with my Wifi. My Macs have no problems with my Wifi.

This is a serious problem since many iOS devices connect to the internet through Wifi. It is preferable, even with a phone. Apple continues to deny the problem if you contact Support or go to a Genius Bar. They try to push people to change Router settings, but that does not work and is not the problem.

For this reason, I have warned all my friends and acquaintances to avoid iOS 8 until more bugs are resolved. I am surprised the uptake is so high
  • Reply 60 of 117

I wonder what iOS 8's adoption rate will look like once the iPhone 6/6+ units are activated in China? That may spike the adoption rate up quite a bit.