The stuff I go through for an iMac

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok, listen to this everyone. You'll like this story.

Ok, been waiting for my new iMac for almosta month now. I called the Apple Store on Monday and they said it would ship this week. The I called yesterday, thursday, and they said it would ship yesterday. I checked my status this morning and it still said being assembled (how I've learner to hate those words). Anyway, I called them this morning and the guy I talked to said it would ship next week. I told him what the other guys said and he said that the iMac hadn't even been built yet. It hadn't even started production. WTF? I don't know what I'm gonna do. Now even I'm starting to think about canceling my freakin order and getting something else.

oh well, Any suggestiongs?

Derek

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Find something constructive to do while you wait.

Suggestions:

1) Pick your nose very slowly. Carefully analyze each booger.

2) Walk from your house to the nearest Apple Retail Store. Play with an iMac. Walk back.

3) Find a book that has pi written out to thousands of decimals. Copy it by hand onto your legs.

4) *If you're old enough,* test drive every car at the local Chrysler dealership. Move onto the Pontiac dealership and repeat.

5) Figure out what button combinations on the telephone play "Old MacDonald Had a Farm."

6) Read EVERY thread posted at AI, from the oldest to newest. Post to every one of them.

7) Read "War and Peace"...while hanging upside down.

8) Perfect your Scooby Doo voice. Move on to perfect your Astro voice.

9) Count up from 1 while screaming and see how high you get before you lose your voice.

10) Listen to Prince's "1999" over and over again until you go crazy.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    I ordered Jan. 9th. It just came today, hold your horses. Check out my upcoming in-depth iMac review
  • Reply 3 of 8
    11) Lather. Rinse. Repeat. 1000 times.

12) Write an in depth essay on how the TV knows where the gun is pointing in "Duck Hunt" for the Nintendo (or do you even know? Look it up if you don't).
  • Reply 4 of 8
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    I've been waiting for January 8th. We all want our iMacs. Just give it a bit more time. I'll never cancel my order. I've waited this long and I won't give up now .
  • Reply 5 of 8
    13) Watch the Winter Olympics.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    [quote] 12) Write an in depth essay on how the TV knows where the gun is pointing in "Duck Hunt" for the Nintendo (or do you even know? Look it up if you don't). <hr></blockquote>

I think PlayStation magazine had a short blurb on how this was done. In they were right, the above is a trick question.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    [quote]Originally posted by CosmoNut:

<strong>

12) Write an in depth essay on how the TV knows where the gun is pointing in "Duck Hunt" for the Nintendo (or do you even know? Look it up if you don't).</strong><hr></blockquote>

well i was bored...so i looked it up

<a href="http://www.straightdope.com/columns/010511.html"; target="_blank">http://www.straightdope.com/columns/010511.html</A>;
  • Reply 8 of 8
    14) Research the origin of the word "fourteen."

15) Research why the English alphabet is in the order it's in. (Why not "Q" first?)