Apple sends out invitations for Oct. 16 iPad event: 'It's been way too long'

Comments

• Reply 21 of 287
    Yeah, gotta be a Mac Mini.  Shaped like the MacPro, but smaller, and with a MagLoc or wireless charging dock for iPhone 6 that also lets the iPhone double as a monitor!

I've kinda had this vision of a smaller, Mini version of the Mac Pro design.

I would call it "Short Stack".
  • Reply 22 of 287
    Actually, I just had a thought.

The logo...it's in [I]six colors[/I].

And it's not the first time we've seen the six color logo this year.

Tim about to make a change?
  • Reply 23 of 287
    Originally Posted by MacVicta View Post

Way too long since they updated the iPod touch. Hoping there's a 5.5" iPod touch Plus in store.

Why “Plus” when there wouldn’t be a small one?

Guys, it’s obvious. They’re releasing the new Flex Macs.

• Reply 24 of 287
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    Apple TV and mac mini updates are way to long since last update indeed.
  • Reply 25 of 287
    If there is a 27" 5K iMac shouldn't there also be a 27" 5K stand alone monitor to use with MacPro?
  • Reply 26 of 287
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    paxman wrote: »
    markbyrn wrote: »
    Good, I'm tired of trying to unlock my iPad with my finger print.
    Yup, me too. Every time! 

But it has Not been too long since the last iPad release. This should not be called an iPad event. I expect Mac refreshes with a likely new MBA as widely reported, and with that, Yosemite. aTV must also be on the cards.

1) The sad thing about it is it takes waaaaay too long to realize that your iPad doesn't have Touch ID and you're still consistently doing it a year later. If anything it's a testament to just how excellent Touch ID is that our brains were able to be so completely rewired so quickly after experiencing the new technology, which in itself is a triumph because added security rarely comes with added convenience.

2) With iOS 8 you get audio message option in iMessage. If you were a heavy dictation user because you were on the go and are now moving to the audio message option because it's faster because you don't have to verify in writing what you said, you will probably experience saying things like comma, period, exclamation point, question mark, and other punctuation in your dictated audio messages because it's nearly identical to the routine you did with voice-to-text dictation.
  • Reply 27 of 287
    With the Beats acquisition and the Apple Watch not having a headphone plug and the loss of the original iPod, I am wondering if it has been "way too long" since Apple had a music event. At the very least they need high quality, wireless Bluetooth headphones.
  • Reply 28 of 287

Of all the possible exciting news rumored in this article, nothing gets me salivating more than an iMac 27" 5K! If this comes to be, I'll be buying at least 2, immediately upon their release! I shoot 4K with my Olympus OM-D EM-1, or more accurately, with the coming firmware update from Olympus, I will be shooting 4K. I have already purchased a 3D 4K Curved Screen 55" Samsung for my studio, to display my clients work in the most dramatic and exciting way possible. And though, I thought I'd never own a Samsung product, particularly since their screens are too contrasty, eliminating shadow and highlight detail that is so crucial to my work as a pro photographer and commercial artist, there is nothing on the market at this point to compare. Given the years of of speculation that 4K screens are "just around the corner" from Apple, I have given up on this rumor — at least for now.

• Reply 29 of 287

"Way too long since we revolutionized and re-definied a market."

Here comes the iCar.

And... send in the iDrones.

• Reply 30 of 287
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

1) You what hasn't been way too long? Trying to guess what products will arrive in a 2 hour event from a 5 word promotional tagline.

2) I find the Thursday event interesting. Have they done that before?

Thursday really does seem odd. Their usual go to is Tuesday. I think I remember a Wednesday once or twice but I could be mistaken

• Reply 31 of 287

Thursday really does seem odd. Their usual go to is Tuesday. I think I remember a Wednesday once or twice but I could be mistaken

Uh oh. Consistency fail. Doomed. /s
  • Reply 32 of 287

What's also odd is that the invitation reportedly has instructions to go to the main entrance of One Infinite Loop, not to one of the usual presentation centers. Jason Snell at Six Colors is reporting that.
  • Reply 33 of 287

Well, it is Wednesday. And Monday is a holiday, so the Wednesday event makes sense so people don't have to travel on the holiday.

The only other event on a Wednesday is when 9/11 fell on a Tuesday
  • Reply 34 of 287
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    The logo on this invite is very similar to the logo they used for the 30th anniversary Mac celebration. My guess is this will be a Mac focused event.
  • Reply 35 of 287
    Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

What's also odd is that the invitation reportedly has instructions to go to the main entrance of One Infinite Loop, not to one of the usual presentation centers. Jason Snell at Six Colors is reporting that.

So it’s a small event; big deal.

Hey, could be a future tagline.

Small Event; Big Deal.

• Reply 36 of 287
    ibeamibeam Posts: 322member

Apple logo was represented in rainbow colors. Seems odd.

• Reply 37 of 287
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    New Apple TV (no set, Gene). Or an iPad 60".
  • Reply 38 of 287
    Originally Posted by ibeam View Post

Apple logo was represented in rainbow colors. Seems odd.

As was mentioned, same as the 30th Anniversary Mac logo, so it’s a Mac event.

• Reply 39 of 287
    iPod. iPod. iPod.
  • Reply 40 of 287
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

The logo on this invite is very similar to the logo they used for the 30th anniversary Mac celebration. My guess is this will be a Mac focused event.

Bingo.   Reminds of the Picasso logo they used a few years ago.  Hmmm.