Dummy unit shows expected 'iPad Air 2' design ahead of Apple's rumored Oct. 16 event

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 56
    Please don't name it air 2, so does not make since, name it iPad 6 so it sounds close to iPhone 6. Or The air S/completely new name.
  • Reply 42 of 56
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Please don't name it air 2, so does not make since, name it iPad 6 so it sounds close to iPhone 6. Or The air S/completely new name.

AirS sounds logical.
  • Reply 43 of 56
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Unicron View Post

By keeping every device at 1GB, it forces developers to keep a sharp eye on resources and not become lazy with memory management. Working with limitations forces developers to be efficient.

Like Safari developers...not

• Reply 44 of 56
    r00fusr00fus Posts: 245member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

Is it just me, or has the iPhone 6 design made the chamfered edges on iDevices look old now?

There's definitely some fit and finish issues on that model, have to wait and see the final one. Not sure it really needed to be thinner though...unless it's because they've laminated the cover to the display.

Just you :)

I think the chamfered edges still look nice... but the curved screen does put the pre-6 iPhones out of style a bit - that simply invokes desire.

• Reply 45 of 56
    r00fus wrote: »

Just you :)
    I think the chamfered edges still look nice... <span style="line-height:1.4em;">but the curved screen does put the pre-6 iPhones out of style a bit - that simply invokes desire.</span>

Personally, I think the iPhone 4/4S design is still the best, in black of course (and for the 4, the CDMA design, not the GSM).
  • Reply 46 of 56
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Seriously, iPads should have stereo speakers by now!
  • Reply 47 of 56
    scmaxscmax Posts: 3member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

Seriously, iPads should have stereo speakers by now!

Seriously, this again?  To hear actual stereo sound, the speakers need to be wider than your head.  Since you're holding the iPad close enough to your face to read it, you don't need two sets of speakers on the thing.

• Reply 48 of 56
    lowepg wrote: »
    Apparently not as quickly as some **** decides they need to keep asking the same question...

Zing... Feel better about yourself, big guy? Gotta love compensation...
  • Reply 49 of 56
    mac_128 wrote: »
    I would expect no less than the 6 Plus camera technology, and isn't it about time to add a flash, considering how many customers use the iPad?

About that camera....I think it should be pretty obvious by now that the new Air WILL NOT HAVE the 6 Plus camera (which is why it doesn't protrude from the body). Apple wants you to buy the phone (also!) if you want that camera. iPads are always a year behind the iPhones. I believe the new Air will have the camera of the 5s, which was better than the camera in last year's Air. HOWEVER, if there is an iPad Pro or Plus coming, it is a likely candidate for the 6 Plus setup (including the flash!). But oh babies, is that thing gonna be expensive!!
  • Reply 50 of 56
    Thin and bendy, eh?

That's okay; I won't be putting it in my pocket.

I just hope it's tepid with battery life in the teens. I don't want a hot iPad.
  • Reply 51 of 56
    Man, if its as thin and slippery as the iPhone 6, I would have to immediately get some type of silicone covering. Fortunately, most of the case/covers for iPads solve that issue. Even with a nice thin Griffin Reveal case on my 6, I find it more difficult to type as its so THIN! I'm probably gonna find a gummier/thicker case for the 6.
  • Reply 52 of 56
    Quote:

Originally Posted by melgross View Post

While I don't care about the thickness, though Benj will say that it's way too thick, I do care about the weight. Thinner should mean lighter. Even my Air weighs too much when I'm reading in bed. If I get the 6+, I may use that in bed instead.

I am pretty keen to find out how reading comics feels on the 6+. I have reserved mine (will be available in India on the 16th!) and am really looking forward to using the plus size for all the things I use my iPad Air for.

• Reply 53 of 56
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

sony-xperia-z3-347_verge_super_wide.jpg

OT but those icons are the things Android needs to work on. I have just played around with an S3 and the Nexus tablet and I always felt the icons look very tacky.

• Reply 54 of 56
    melgross wrote: »
    While I don't care about the thickness, though Benj will say that it's way too thick, I do care about the weight. Thinner should mean lighter. Even my Air weighs too much when I'm reading in bed. If I get the 6+, I may use that in bed instead.

Au contraire.

If they've made it thick enough to do away with a protruding lens, that sounds fine to me. Lighter is desirable, though.
  • Reply 55 of 56
    melgross wrote: »

I am pretty keen to find out how reading comics feels on the 6+. I have reserved mine (will be available in India on the 16th!) and am really looking forward to using the plus size for all the things I use my iPad Air for.

Comics is one area where a 13" iPad would come into its own.
  • Reply 56 of 56
    unicronunicron Posts: 154member

Safari developers? The only Safari developer is Apple. And they have no control over sites that aren't designed to be memory efficient.