Need a web server...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi, I desperately need a web server that is free, and will allow me to host compressed files (e.g. .sit.binand link to them from other sites)

Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    apache! thats what i used to use. no server anymore.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I think he means webhost, not just a server. But, either way, no, I don't have any. Have you tried iDisk? I know you said that you are having trouble with yours, but why not create another account?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by torifile:

<strong>I think he means webhost, not just a server. But, either way, no, I don't have any. Have you tried iDisk? I know you said that you are having trouble with yours, but why not create another account?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I wish that it was that easy, but my university network will not allow iDisk to work - I think that it is the Firewall. Any ideas?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    you can do that at freeservers.com i think (not sure bout linking from other sites but you can try it out) but they suck as a host speed wise. but what do you expect its free.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    I have a webserver (robo.cx) which i run from a G3/400 with OS X and Apache. I can lend you some space on it as long as you don't need massive space or bandwidth (how many people are going to be pulling the files? 10 a day? 100's a day? 10,000 a day?!?)

Email me at robo(at)robo.cx

-robo