Apple sends out invitations for Oct. 16 iPad event: 'It's been way too long'

Comments

• Reply 221 of 287
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    sirlance99 wrote: »
    Just like you were so wrong about Apple getting NFC in their phones. 

I have zero recollection of [@]jungnark[/@]'s comments in that subject, but I've been very positive on NFC for years on this site. Not that that means anything but I say the Mac will be better than ever and not removed from Apple's product line in 3 years time.
  • Reply 222 of 287
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I have zero recollection of jungnark's comments in that subject, but I've been very positive on NFC for years on this site. Not that that means anything but I say the Mac will be better than ever and not removed from Apple's product line in 3 years time.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

I did mean NFC on smart phones.

Haven't you said this for the last three years. NFC on phones is all but dead. Apple is moving on with other tech.

SolipsismX. You're one of my favorite people to read on here as you mostly say really well thought out thought's. I know you have been positive as I've read most of your stuff on here for a long while now.

Just like I agree with what you just said about the Mac.

• Reply 223 of 287
    SolipsismX. You're one of my favorite people to read on here as you mostly say really well thought out thought's. I know you have been positive as I've read most of your stuff on here for a long while now.

Just like I agree with what you just said about the Mac.

I appreciate that, but I don't think that previous incorrect speculation should be used to counter new speculation (even though I have to assume I've also been guilty of it).

I understand that it can be tough to ignore such comments when some posters state opinions about an unknowable future as fact without an in-depth argument to support their position. Case in point, I remember [@]EricTheHalfBee[/@] was against NFC and for BT, and while we disagreed on the topic he always supported his argument well.
  • Reply 224 of 287
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by malax View Post

I think you and ascii stumbled onto the truth:  It's been way too long that we've been making and selling desktop computers.  Today we announce that Yosemite AKA ten point ten will be the last version of Mac OS.  And one more thing, we have just signed the paper to acquire Microsoft and we're shutting down Windows too.  Welcome to the true post-PC era.

:-) They should buy Microsoft though.

I no longer believe the fact that it's the 30th Mac logo is important. It's all about retina. They wanted to show something zoomed in, and we wouldn't know it was zoomed in unless we'd seen it before. "It's been way too long" refers both to how long it's been that Macs haven't been Retina, and a non-Retina pixel being too long. Or maybe the 30th is important, because that specifies how long they've been non-Retina.

• Reply 225 of 287
    Looks like a finger above a color interactive touchscreen trackpad with haptic feedback and 3d spacial tracking.
  • Reply 226 of 287
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    You guys are crazy. It's a small event at HQ. nothing big. No new products but refreshes.
  • Reply 227 of 287
    lvidallvidal Posts: 158member

It's a TV.

It's been way too long since the TV as we know it and the experience hasn't change too much.

And maybe we don't know nothing about it because they are building it in a big igloo in the North Pole!

• Reply 228 of 287
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Just like you were so wrong about Apple getting NFC in their phones. 

This is one your quotes "The tide is changing and Apple is not as dominate as it once was."

How's that working for Sammy. Oh and let's see how many iOS devices will be sold in the Dec qtr.
  • Reply 229 of 287
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    jungmark wrote: »
    This is one your quotes "The tide is changing and Apple is not as dominate as it once was."

How's that working for Sammy. Oh and let's see how many iOS devices will be sold in the Dec qtr.

So instead of admitting that you were mistaken, you point out something we have to wait 3 months to see. Nice deflecting.
  • Reply 230 of 287
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    lvidal wrote: »
    It's a TV.

It's been way too long since the TV as we know it and the experience hasn't change too much.

And maybe we don't know nothing about it because they are building it in a big igloo in the North Pole!

No. No TV. Refreshes only.
  • Reply 231 of 287
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

It's very refreshing!

• Reply 232 of 287

Here's to the crazy ones.

• Reply 233 of 287
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by squareback View Post

Here's to the crazy ones.

• Reply 234 of 287

I saw a finger too, but I thought new physical interface beyond keyboard, mouse, maybe the new iPad as an interactive trackpad.

• Reply 235 of 287
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

So instead of admitting that you were mistaken, you point out something we have to wait 3 months to see. Nice deflecting.

I'm not so sure I'd be betting on that 70-80 million number (which I'm sure is the implication).

If Apple sells 60 million iPhones I'd be happy... but I'm thinking in the 65 million range... just because of constricted manufacturing capabilities (imo).

• Reply 236 of 287
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:

The Apple TV could be refreshed to 4K.

• Reply 237 of 287
    ascii wrote: »
    The Apple TV could be refreshed to 4K.

I'd love to see that but I have a feeling that won't happen. I will be surprised if it doesn't contain an H.265 HW decoder, even though I don't expect that to be marketed until Apple is getting ready to offer smaller files for a given quality on the iTS.
  • Reply 238 of 287
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    dasanman69 wrote: »

What are you talking about? I did admit I was wrong in another thread that's more related to NFC than this topic.
  • Reply 239 of 287
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    jungmark wrote: »
    What are you talking about? I did admit I was wrong in another thread that's more related to NFC than this topic.

I was unaware of that, and sincerely apologize.
  • Reply 240 of 287
    lvidallvidal Posts: 158member
    Quote:

I was being a little sarcastic :) There's no way Apple will make a TV. I really doubt it. In that terrain the way to go is the Apple TV and create a standard the TV manufacturers should adopt. You buy your Apple TV (that should be almost like a CF card) and when a hardware update comes you just buy the new one and swap it. Make it possible to download games and convert it in a powerful console where you can play the same games on your iphone, ipad, mac or TV. That should be the way to go, IMHO.