Major retailers show unwillingness to adopt Apple Pay ahead of expected launch

Comments

• Reply 161 of 418
    Originally Posted by nathanimal View Post

Lest we forget, Apple has a minority market share in the smart phone space.

How much are you being paid? Do you sleep well at night? Can you look your children in the eye and tell them that daddy does good things for mankind?

Get off our website.

Does Apple have plans to open up their system to any platform?

Does the Pope have plans to open up the Vatican to Isla–wait, bad example.

Does Islam have plans to not execute non-Muslims who sneak into Mecca?

• Reply 162 of 418

Here is why everyone should use Apple Pay and not even carry a credit card anymore.

• Reply 163 of 418
    Who is going to accept Apple Pay? Where is that list??? I have not heard of anyone that will accept it. What is the point?
  • Reply 164 of 418

So Apple pay works with Visa, MasterCard and American Express?  Let me know when Visa, MasterCard and American Express open stores.  I'm pretty sure they don't have any.  Can anyone name a store that will actually accept Apple Pay?  You know besides the Apple Store.

• Reply 165 of 418
    ibeamibeam Posts: 322member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cakra View Post

Who is going to accept Apple Pay? Where is that list??? I have not heard of anyone that will accept it. What is the point?

That is an interesting question. I'm pretty sure Apple Stores will but even that raises questions since their current payment method is card swipe on iPhone equipped with Vodafone readers. Will we soon have to go to a check out counter to use ?Pay?

• Reply 166 of 418
    Originally Posted by jameskatt2 View Post

The Key point: in 2015, EVERY MERCHANT will be FORCED to purchase NFC-Compatible Credit Card Processing Terminals FOR EVERY cash register.  

Good luck with that.

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I'm not familiar with that one even though I had seen WALL•E. I had to look it up. Great name.

And then Allinol as the alternative fuel in Cars 2. Pixar’s great with that. I’ll bet Allinol was a rejected name for the company in Wall E.

What’s the point of your post? I’m still trying to figure that out.

• Reply 167 of 418
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

So Apple pay works with Visa, MasterCard and American Express?  Let me know when Visa, MasterCard and American Express open stores.  I'm pretty sure they don't have any.  Can anyone name a store that will actually accept Apple Pay?  You know besides the Apple Store.

Whole Foods and McDonalds have signed up as well as many more.  Try using Google before spouting off nonsense.

• Reply 168 of 418

Do the terminals that accept chase blink accept nfc payments also? Maybe that's why mcdonalds is on with apple pay?

• Reply 169 of 418

OK 2 stores.  I'm just saying that the list that will not accept is very visible and the stores that will is clearly not very many. What are the many more? I live in Gainesville, FL.  No whole foods nearby.  I don't shop at MacD's.  What about Mall stores?  I think I will wait for iPhone 6S.  By then Apple pay will catch on.

• Reply 170 of 418
    Quote:

Anyone that accepts NFC will work with Apple Pay. Easy.

• Reply 171 of 418
    Quote:

Apple Pay Issuing Banks

Apple Pay Merchants

Apple Pay Device

• Reply 172 of 418
    Quote:

Lot's of places. Meijer for one. Walgreens for two. My favorite place Panera Bread for three. I can go on it you would like. I go to most of these spots already and use NFC payments right now. Using Apple Pay will be even more fun.

• Reply 173 of 418

OK 2 stores.

Okay, try again, troll.

• Reply 174 of 418
    Quote:

OK 2 stores.  I'm just saying that the list that will not accept is very visible and the stores that will is clearly not very many. What are the many more? I live in Gainesville, FL.  No whole foods nearby.  I don't shop at MacD's.  What about Mall stores?  I think I will wait for iPhone 6S.  By then Apple pay will catch on.

Pretty much where ever I shop right now takes NFC payments now. I have no issues finding them. Been using them for a while now.

• Reply 175 of 418
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

With breaches, attacks and fraud happening virtually everywhere, stores and retailers had better adopt ?Pay, or else!

I remember buying a few things at Home Depot with my card, and then a couple of months later I heard about that massive breach on the news! Russian hackers, Chinese hackers, scumbags everywhere! I now avoid Home Depot when I can, and I will buy what I need elsewhere.

I don't trust stores with my card information, I don't trust that store employees are honest, and I don't like when I pay with my card in a restaurant, the waiter/waitress disappears with the card and comes back a few minutes later!

Retailers who don't get on board, will be left out, and they will eventually suffer for their mistakes.

A store or retailer that is not secure does not give a shit about their customers, and I in turn will not give a shit about any of these stores or retailers.

Apple users have the power to effect change! We are not talking about dirt poor Android bums and other cretins here!

• Reply 176 of 418
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Graves View Post

Or maybe bc people don't care that much...? Is offering Apple Pay going to bring in additional revenue? Does sliding your card deter you from making purchases?

Yes it does.   Since the breach at target I rarely shop there anymore and would never use my debit card.  When I do shop there my preferred payment method is cash.  In a pinch I would consider using a Credit Card as it has better built in consumer protections.   But yes I prefer not to swipe my card at all.   The same for fast food as well.   If I don't have cash I usually just don't go.  Apple Pay will probably bring me back into the electronic payment world as it appears to be more secure.  We shall see how it fairs in the real world.

• Reply 177 of 418
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,063member
    Quote:

• Reply 178 of 418
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    cakra wrote: »

SERIOUSLY?!
  • Reply 179 of 418
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

SERIOUSLY?!

He/she/they/it is obviously an idiot troll, and not a very good one, or a very intelligent one.

Why do people even bother to respond to such obvious trolls?

• Reply 180 of 418
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    cakra wrote: »

Wait, you're saying that ?Pay will be accepted in more places a year from now as opposed to today, which is before it's even been launched? I don't believe that for a second¡