Purported next-gen iPad Air logic board shows 2GB of RAM, A8X chip

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 107
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

I suppose this means that you'll be able to have more Safari tabs open without them reloading.

Why does Apple have to give us what we want?

AHHHH I wish they would fix that.  I rather have a slower performance and hot suffer from reloads. My iPads has enough memory to use main storage instead of RAM when necessary.  This should be a configurable option.  The only stupidity I can think of from Apple stable. 

• Reply 102 of 107
    I assume they'll call it the IPad Air S. /s

Why would they call it the iPad Air S. /s? If anything, they'll call it the iPad Air S.

Agreed.
  • Reply 103 of 107

And so Apple invents 2Gb of RAM! What an amazing breakthrough! It's magic!

• Reply 104 of 107
    nelsonx wrote: »

Apple isn't inventing RAM; it's already been invented. What might be new is the doubling of RAM in the iPad.
  • Reply 105 of 107
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    nelsonx wrote: »
    Look at the last 10 posts from this clown. Can we ban him yet?
  • Reply 106 of 107
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Is there an issue of the iPhone being wobbly when lying flat? There's no way to test in the Apple stores. But just looking at the devices it sure seems like this whole camera protrusion is much ado about nothing. And it looks worse in photographs than in real life.

That's nothing, my Nokia 1020 has a big o'le hump on it's back. I actually like it, especially when it's in the camera grip case, it gives it a little incline making it easier to read when lying on a table. 

• Reply 107 of 107
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CanukStorm View Post

if the iPad mini does get updated, no way it gets everything the Air does, mainly to differentiate it.  Just like the iPhone 6 doesn't get everything the iPhone 6 Plus does.

disagree. they made a BIG point during the last mini to tout how it *is* a full iPad, just shrunk down. why undo that? 

only thing iPhone 6 didn't get over the plus is optical IS, and surely thats due to component size, not a desire to set artificial product differentiations.