'Apple Events' channel for Apple TV goes live ahead of iPad event

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 40
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,418member
    rogifan wrote: »
    Can someone explain why the Apple store still needs to be taken down in 2014? Maybe at one time they did it to create hype but I don't think they need to do it anymore.

    Well I would think it's so people don't buy products the same day new ones arrive. I don't necessary think it's a technical issue as to why they take the store down.

    How would you feel if you bought a new imac this morning and Apple came out with new ones in the afternoon. Yes, you can cancel it but it's just as easy to close the the store temporarily.

    Not everyone follows Apple news so not everyone looking to buy an Apple product today knows of an Apple event today.
  • Reply 22 of 40
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

    Can someone explain why the Apple store still needs to be taken down in 2014?

     

    It’s taken down because people refuse to use a search engine to read why it’s taken down.

  • Reply 23 of 40
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    macxpress wrote: »
    Well I would think it's so people don't buy products the same day new ones arrive. I don't necessary think it's a technical issue as to why they take the store down.

    How would you feel if you bought a new imac this morning and Apple came out with new ones in the afternoon. Yes, you can cancel it but it's just as easy to close the the store temporarily.

    Not everyone follows Apple news so not everyone looking to buy an Apple product today knows of an Apple event today.

    I don't know, still seems not necessary. I mean someone could have ordered an iMac yesterday when the site was still up. I'm not aware of other companies taking their stores down when they update them with new products.
  • Reply 24 of 40
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,418member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post





    I don't know, still seems not necessary. I mean someone could have ordered an iMac yesterday when the site was still up. I'm not aware of other companies taking their stores down when they update them with new products.



    Well ordering an iMac yesterday and having new ones arrive today is a little different than ordering one right now at 9am EST and having new ones come out a couple hours later. That kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

     

    Apple is not like other companies...

     

    Who knows...maybe they are updating the store and don't want transactions going on at the same time. 

  • Reply 25 of 40
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    macxpress wrote: »

    Well ordering an iMac yesterday and having new ones arrive today is a little different than ordering one right now at 9am EST and having new ones come out a couple hours later. That kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

    Apple is not like other companies...

    Who knows...maybe they are updating the store and don't want transactions going on at the same time. 

    Looks like one thing they didn't update is the nav bar on this page. Oops...

    53uviv.jpg
  • Reply 26 of 40
    rogifan wrote: »
    Looks like one thing they didn't update is the nav bar on this page. Oops...

    53uviv.jpg

    Yeah, the whole site is inconsistent right now. The "compare iPad models" page uses the old style (I expect it'll get updated today). Could be a caching issue too.
  • Reply 27 of 40
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Yeah, the whole site is inconsistent right now. The "compare iPad models" page uses the old style (I expect it'll get updated today). Could be a caching issue too.

    There are other pages on apple.com that still use old design language. They're mostly support pages or ones probably not accessed much. Kind of jarring when you stumble across them as the newer responsive design pages look so much better.
  • Reply 28 of 40
    rogifan wrote: »
    There are other pages on apple.com that still use old design language. They're mostly support pages or ones probably not accessed much. Kind of jarring when you stumble across them as the newer responsive design pages look so much better.

    One thing is certain:

    Steve never would have allowed it.
  • Reply 29 of 40
    Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

    One thing is certain: Steve never would have allowed it.



    There are still pages deep within Apple.com that use the 2001 pinstripe Aqua style of navbar. Steve kept those around.

  • Reply 30 of 40

    Just saw this on the Apple TV promotion page on the Canadian site "Apple TV starting at $109" https://www.apple.com/ca/appletv/

    Seems like that means there's going to be a new one coming!

  • Reply 31 of 40
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    dubston wrote: »
    Just saw this on the Apple TV promotion page on the Canadian site "Apple TV starting at $109" https://www.apple.com/ca/appletv/
    Seems like that means there's going to be a new one coming!
    I don't follow. On the US site it says starting at $99, which is the current price of ATV.
  • Reply 32 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John.B View Post



    **insert joke about needing a Mandarin translator here**



    I thought this time they will use a cantonese narrator in the live stream ....

  • Reply 33 of 40
    Lets hope they dont cock it up like the last event...
  • Reply 34 of 40

    I thought if there was only one device, why would it say starting at $109? "Starting at" suggests to me that there would be other devices at a higher price point. 

  • Reply 35 of 40
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     



    There are still pages deep within Apple.com that use the 2001 pinstripe Aqua style of navbar. Steve kept those around.




     I was being funny.

     

    Actually, the oldest looking page I know of is the "Classic Software Downloads" page, which I think hasn't been updated since 2001. Old font is still used there as well.

  • Reply 36 of 40
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by dubston View Post

     

    I thought if there was only one device, why would it say starting at $109? "Starting at" suggests to me that there would be other devices at a higher price point. 




    Decent point.

  • Reply 37 of 40
    shsfshsf Posts: 302member

    I am thinking of a complete mini redesign with cues from the cube, with glass, a smaller footprint. I don't think there's any chance that the new mini is a small mac pro, can't see no aesthetic or engineering reason to that. But I could be way wrong. All the best to everyone involved from apple. Should be a great show, a solid 10.

  • Reply 38 of 40
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    dubston wrote: »
    I thought if there was only one device, why would it say starting at $109? "Starting at" suggests to me that there would be other devices at a higher price point. 
    Looks like when Apple updated their ATV page with the new website design they changed it from $99 to "Starting at $99". Interesting indeed.
  • Reply 39 of 40
    rogifan wrote: »
    Looks like when Apple updated their ATV page with the new website design they changed it from $99 to "Starting at $99". Interesting indeed.

    If it 'starts' at $99, where does it end? Will Apple announce they bought Comcast? No one imagined they'd ever buy Beats... AT&T is buying DirecTV, so anything goes at this point.
Sign In or Register to comment.