Apple's OS X Yosemite now available for free download with Continuity features, iTunes 12, more

Comments

• Reply 21 of 147

I've got a 105 MB/sec connection to Comcast.  It's coming in pretty good....should be done in 3 mins (40% done now).

After that, I have a number of household Macs to upgrade.  Oldest are the 2008 Mac Pro I'm typing on and my 2007 Macbook Pro which is an iTunes and file server in the house.  Newest is my wife's 2013 MBAir.  Two more utility MacBooks are in the house too, 2009 vintage.  This will take awhile.

EDIT:  OK, it's finished.  Time to distribute to the internal Macs and begin upgrades.

• Reply 22 of 147
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    Yeah ill wait untill trafic slows down. Is free after all, everyone is trying to get it. Be patien and dont be so bitchy about it, is not the end of the world. You will be ok if you cant get it immediately
  • Reply 23 of 147
    kent909kent909 Posts: 731member

So this is what pent up demand looks like.:D

• Reply 24 of 147
    tleviertlevier Posts: 104member

Will this be an awesome update like 8.0.1?  Should I wait for Yosemite.0.2?

• Reply 25 of 147
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tlevier View Post

Will this be an awesome update like 8.0.1?  Should I wait for Yosemite.0.2?

What?, and miss all the fun!

• Reply 26 of 147
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member

1GB to go!

• Reply 27 of 147
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post

I've got a 105 MB/sec connection to Comcast.  It's coming in pretty good....should be done in 3 mins (40% done now).

After that, I have a number of household Macs to upgrade.  Oldest are the 2008 Mac Pro I'm typing on and my 2007 Macbook Pro which is an iTunes and file server in the house.  Newest is my wife's 2013 MBAir.  Two more utility MacBooks are in the house too, 2009 vintage.  This will take awhile.

EDIT:  OK, it's finished.  Time to distribute to the internal Macs and begin upgrades.

Do you have a large family or can you just not help yourself? 8-)

• Reply 28 of 147

The build for GM 3.0 was 14A388a.  Can anyone confirm that the one for public release is the same one, or is it a different release?

• Reply 29 of 147
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kent909 View Post

Do you have a large family or can you just not help yourself? 8-)

LOL.  An old computer still have usefulness as long as Apple doesn't obsolete them. :)

• Reply 30 of 147
    Downloading now, I'm on 50Mb Virgin broadband in the UK and it's coming down just fine.
  • Reply 31 of 147

I strongly recommend that everyone hold off upgrading to this for a few days, in light of the iOS 8.0.1 fiasco.

• Reply 32 of 147
    tleviertlevier Posts: 104member

If only I had waited 30 mins for 8.0.1 I'd have been fine.  I'm thinking I'll give this one at least 3 hours.

• Reply 33 of 147
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Eggleston View Post

The build for GM 3.0 was 14A388a.  Can anyone confirm that the one for public release is the same one, or is it a different release?

Just rebooted in the new build, its called OS X 10.10 (14A389) so its different from GM Candidate 3

• Reply 34 of 147

The new release is called OS X 10.10 (14A389) so its different from the previous GM Candidate. Just booted into it, seems to run equally good as the most recent version has been, no worries.

• Reply 35 of 147
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

I strongly recommend that everyone hold off upgrading to this for a few days, in light of the iOS 8.0.1 fiasco.

This is why I have several Macs in the house.  I can afford to "guinea pig" a couple.

Installing now...

• Reply 36 of 147
    Build nr according to developer.apple.com is 14A389. So it is a different build than GM 3.0
  • Reply 37 of 147
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member

Can't wait to try it AFTER they release OS X 10.10.1 and fix the bugs.

• Reply 38 of 147
    BUG!!! After upgrading to Yosemite, OS X changes my security & privacy setting. Originally it was "allow apps downloaded from Anywhere" but Yosemite changes it to "Mac App store and identified developers". My Mac doesn't have a log in password set, and I am not able to unlock this particular screen to change it to "Anywhere"!!
  • Reply 39 of 147
    Originally Posted by bingo1 View Post

My Mac doesn't have a log in password set, and I am not able to unlock this particular screen to change it to "Anywhere"!!

What do you mean you don’t have a login password? You have to. What happens when you try?

• Reply 40 of 147
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member

OS X 10.10 (14A389)

... and my 500 GIGs of paid for iCloud Drive I paid for running the last dev release still isn't showing up.