Apple's OS X Yosemite now available for free download with Continuity features, iTunes 12, more

Comments

• Reply 41 of 147
    Same here, 2008 Mac pro is f*****ked !

Asking me for username and password, never had this before and I am locked out
  • Reply 42 of 147

• Reply 43 of 147

Has anyone on the public beta tried downloading and installing the "final" release from the App Store? If so, what is the result? Should I download and install it if Im on the latest beta or just wait for a 10.10.1 update?

• Reply 44 of 147
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member

I did a clean install of Yosemite and installed nothing else. It takes up 12gb on my drive. I went to back it up using Time Machine and it says it's backing up 42GB. WTH?

It's like Time Machine is backing up my entire partition.

• Reply 45 of 147
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bingo1 View Post

BUG!!! After upgrading to Yosemite, OS X changes my security & privacy setting. Originally it was "allow apps downloaded from Anywhere" but Yosemite changes it to "Mac App store and identified developers". My Mac doesn't have a log in password set, and I am not able to unlock this particular screen to change it to "Anywhere"!!

Did you try leaving the password field blank and just clicking OK?

• Reply 46 of 147
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Eggleston View Post

The build for GM 3.0 was 14A388a.  Can anyone confirm that the one for public release is the same one, or is it a different release?

The build number is 14A389.

• Reply 47 of 147
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    darendino wrote: »

Try this ... boot with the R held key and boot into recovery partition (or option key start, and select start up from the recovery partition) and then use the Apple ID to reset password or in your case create one..
  • Reply 48 of 147
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

Did you try leaving the password field blank and just clicking OK?

Yes, of course.  Eventually I have to set a password, then I can unlock this security & privacy page.  I then set the password to blank again.  

• Reply 49 of 147
    Nope, can't even do that!!!, what's is a username and password????, I tried email, iCloud, iTunes - nothing
  • Reply 50 of 147
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

The build number is 14A389.

Beat me to it.  I have two Macs upgraded but I cannot find where they hide the build number.

• Reply 51 of 147
    All I get is blurred Yosemite mountIai. On screen and name and password field, nothing I type in is accepted
  • Reply 52 of 147
    Bollocks!, now nothing works, mouse doesn't work had to use keys to force reinstall from time machine and reinstall 7pm back up of Mavericks
  • Reply 53 of 147
    darendino wrote: »
    Bollocks!, now nothing works, mouse doesn't work had to use keys to force reinstall from time machine and reinstall 7pm back up of Mavericks

How about s little detail on your Mac's specs and which version of OS X you're upgrading from.
  • Reply 54 of 147
    2008 Mac pro upgrading from mavericks
  • Reply 55 of 147
    Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post

Beat me to it.  I have two Macs upgraded but I cannot find where they hide the build number.

About This Mac. Click the version number.

• Reply 56 of 147

combo update or stand alone URL from ?, anyone?

edit: i can't find the stand alone on apples site. Only links to the app store.

• Reply 57 of 147

you probably need  an admin name and password

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarenDino View Post

Nope, can't even do that!!!, what's is a username and password????, I tried email, iCloud, iTunes - nothing

• Reply 58 of 147
    Originally Posted by ApplePieGuy View Post

combo update or stand alone URL from ?, anyone?

How can there be a combo update for a single release?

• Reply 59 of 147
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

About This Mac. Click the version number.

HA!  Learn something new everyday.  All these years, and I never knew that was clickable. :)

Thanks.

• Reply 60 of 147

I like the new generic “ejectable media” drive icon.