Apple's OS X Yosemite now available for free download with Continuity features, iTunes 12, more

Comments

• Reply 61 of 147

@eightzero

Quote:

Originally Posted by eightzero View Post

Once installed, I'll be curious to know if the BT 4.0 dongles will allow the calling features to work on a non-BT4.0 mac. I'm sort of betting against it.

I have an early 2011 15" MBP running the last Yosemite Developer Beta (14A388a) and an iPhone 5s running iOS 8.0.2 - the calling feature works for me when both devices are on the same network (currently, the MBP is connected via ethernet, the iPhone via wifi).

I expect that sms and most handoff features will work when iOS 8.1 is out on Monday. However, I'm not expecting the instant hotspot to work as it looks like that requires BT4.0.

• Reply 62 of 147
    Too bad it's done nothing to remedy the fact that iTunes never transfers all my music to my iPhone 6. Multiple support threads and no one has an answer. Seems like maybe they'd fix that before offering "new" features.
  • Reply 63 of 147

So still no continuity for late 2011 27" iMac.

What's really odd about that, is at least Messages worked on Mavericks.

• Reply 64 of 147
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

How can there be a combo update for a single release?

Not sure what is going on with others, just upgraded my 2014 MBA and everything is working great.

• Reply 65 of 147
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Modena360 View Post

Amazing they could shove the U2 album down our throats at the speed of light but can't roll out Yosemite. Jeez

they actually didn't shove anything down my throat. probably yours, either. if you don't have auto-downloads enabled for your iTunes music purchases, absolutely nothing was downloaded. if you did, then it auto-downloaded in the same exact way an album gifted by a friend would.

not very controversial, imo.

• Reply 66 of 147
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gordy View Post

MySQL stop working reliably after installing Mavericks. I will pass on Yosemite.

did you contact the developers and ask why?

• Reply 67 of 147
    jlanddjlandd Posts: 873member
    I'll update just so I don't have to say Mavericks anymore.
  • Reply 68 of 147
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

I strongly recommend that everyone hold off upgrading to this for a few days, in light of the iOS 8.0.1 fiasco.

completely non-sensical. entirely different products, and statistically, one failed release doesn't negate dozens of passed releases.

• Reply 69 of 147
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

Can't wait to try it AFTER they release OS X 10.10.1 and fix the bugs.

yes, because then it will be bug free for all eternity.

• Reply 70 of 147
    Quote:

Originally Posted by oneaburns View Post

Too bad it's done nothing to remedy the fact that iTunes never transfers all my music to my iPhone 6. Multiple support threads and no one has an answer. Seems like maybe they'd fix that before offering "new" features.

i don't have that bug, so I'm glad they added new features i can use.

• Reply 71 of 147
    eideardeideard Posts: 428member
    Up and running just fine. I'll give it a day or two for helpful hints on using a few guaranteed non-intuitive apps I use to find their way onto the Web.

Like using new Super Duper with iCloud Drive?
  • Reply 72 of 147

There will be no "combo" 10.10, nor combo 10.10.1.

"Combo" updates only roll up the dot releases between major updates. So a "Combo" 10.10.2 will appear when 10.10.2 is released, because it "combines" the updates of 10.10.1 and 10.10.2. But nothing before then.

• Reply 73 of 147

It's working great on my 3.4GHz Intel Core i7 27in Late 2012 iMac.

It's so beautiful and so fast!

Can't wait to see how it works with my iPhone 6+ when I load iOS 8.1 on Monday.

Also can't wait to try out Apple PaY!

• Reply 74 of 147
    Updated two MBPs, one from Mavericks, one from the Yosemite PB with no problems.

However, here it what doesn't work:
    - airdrop Mac to iOS (iphone 5, ios 8.0.2)
    - iCloud Drive does not show up folders from iOS apps in Yosemite, e.g. Goodreader

Any idea if this is a bug or I might have overlooked some settings?
  • Reply 75 of 147
    downloaded and installed like it so far. Have not tried handoff yet.
    Initially I thought it was too close to looking like Windows 8 Metro from screenshots but in actual use it is far from being Metro, visually it flows better than the Mavericks.
  • Reply 76 of 147
    Updated two MBPs, one from Mavericks, one from the Yosemite PB with no problems.

However, here it what doesn't work:
    - airdrop Mac to iOS (iphone 5, ios 8.0.2)
    - iCloud Drive does not show up folders from iOS apps in Yosemite, e.g. Goodreader

Any idea if this is a bug or I might have overlooked some settings?

I believe ios 8.1 on Monday addresses those issues.
  • Reply 77 of 147

So far so good. Everything updated and running fine.

• Reply 78 of 147
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I believe ios 8.1 on Monday addresses those issues.

Airdrop, ok (Bluetooth connection from my iPhone to my Macs is a PITA anyway).

But how could this solve the issue of iOS apps' folders not showing up in the finder's iCloud drive on my Mac?

• Reply 79 of 147

Okay, love it.  If only for the fact that my Plex Media Server on my MacBook Pro running battery power no longer cuts out and goes to sleep after 30 mins or so.  Now with Yosemite, the connection stays alive.  

• Reply 80 of 147
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,292member
    darendino wrote: »
    Same here, 2008 Mac pro is f*****ked !

Asking me for username and password, never had this before and I am locked out
    If you have never set a password, your username should be your home folder name, and your password is blank.

SET UP A PASSWORD!!!