Apple removes all Bose products from its online store

Comments

• Reply 21 of 87
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator

Apple = Kingmaker

• Reply 22 of 87
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member
    I snapped up a Bose SoundLink III at my local Apple Store last weekend, just in case.

I also noticed that all GoPro products are gone from both the online and brick-and-mortar Apple Stores. I thought it might be that Apple wanted to get rid of old stock before the Hero 4 was launched, but nope. No Hero 4's anywhere on the Apple site or in stores.
  • Reply 23 of 87
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

No it isn't.

Many people don't want to deal with the crappy customer service you see in Best buy, Walmart, ect.

Also people make implusive buy decisions. Went to Apple store and bought an ipad.  Hey! I should buy new headphones too while I'm here.

its like expecting someone to buy milk at Costco and then meat at Walmart and then veggies at Whole foods.

I was referring to the online store, as was this article.  How's your self-imposed week-long ban treating you?

• Reply 24 of 87
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member

Good. People can buy Bose from a million other places. They don't need to be on Apple's website and in their physical stores, especially with the lawsuits and tensions. 

• Reply 25 of 87
    Quote:

Originally Posted by malax View Post

I never cease to be amazed at the foolishness of many consumers.  It is trivially easy to find other vendors selling the same products that the Apple online store sells for less.  You could be right that Bose loses "millions of dollars in sales" as a result of this, but that's a measure of the idiocy of the buying public.

I should have done a little "research."  It appears that Bose products are discounted even less than Apple products.  So whether you buy from the Apple Store or Amazon or Best Buy or whether, you're likely to pay the exact same price.  So I obviously there is no "idiocy" in buying Bose products at the Apple Store (not that you can now) instead of somewhere else.

• Reply 26 of 87
    Bose and Sennheiser are a quantum leap above Beats in terms of sound quality! Beats is simply a brand for teenagers. Makes strategic sense for Apple to go for Beats but would Steve Jobs have compromised on quality?
  • Reply 27 of 87
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

no ban

Apple did comeout with a new tv - iMac 5k

Wow.  So in your mind, Apple has finally rolled out a true Apple TV.  Fascinating.  They are just being very secretive and subtle about it?

• Reply 28 of 87
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,275member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mubaili View Post

Well, DOJ is going to file another anti-trust case against Apple. Seriously I don't see much value for Apple from the Beats deal. Apple doesn't need Beats to make iPhone and Apple WATCH a must have item.

There's nothing the DOJ can or should do. Can't force somebody to sell your products.

• Reply 29 of 87
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Bing has even been great for a while now. I haven’t used Google in years. Trying DDG on my clean installs; seems pretty simple right now.

Been using Bing for a couple of years now. Results and layout are as good or better and every once in a while I get a $5 Amazon gift card.

• Reply 30 of 87
    sog35 wrote: »
    Don't mess with Apple.
    PERIOD.

Bose - out of Apple stores

Meh. It doesn't really change anything.
  • Reply 31 of 87
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PTE APPLE View Post

Bose doesn't need Apple. Headphones are not the dominant nor only revenue source for Bose.

True, however, Apple owns the most trafficked and valuable retail stores. The loss of such a presence can't be a good thing.

• Reply 32 of 87
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mike1 View Post

Been using Bing for a couple of years now. Results and layout are as good or better and every once in a while I get a $5 Amazon gift card.

I elect to get the $5 Starbucks card. I prefer Bing over Google 90 percent of the time.

• Reply 33 of 87
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mike1 View Post

There's nothing the DOJ can or should do. Can't force somebody to sell your products.

It didn't stop the DOJ from suing Apple over the bogus price fixing suit further entrenching Amazon's monopoly in e-books.

• Reply 34 of 87

Bose usually sells at their retail price. Occasionally, the Bose stores would have a 10-15% off sale, plus black Friday, etc., & that may be duplicated in Best Buy & other stores as well. I've never seen Bose products marked down whatsoever at the Apple Stores, so I've never made a purchase of Bose products there. Many other products I've seen else ware much less than the 'suggested retail price, never at the Apple Store, unless it was close out stuff. Just my perception.

• Reply 35 of 87
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    sog35 wrote: »
    Don't mess with Apple.
    PERIOD.

Samdung - profits down 60%. Can be directly attributed to Apple entering the Phablet market
    Google - profits down 7%. Apple just needs to default search away from Google and their profits will drop 50%. That is litearlly one software update away

Bose - out of Apple stores

Apple could get search part done if they bought Yahoo and Flickr comes free.
  • Reply 36 of 87
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

That settles that!

No wonder the store was down so long this a.m. ;-)

This actually changed at some point yesterday.  You could search Accessories / Headphones and filter results by the "Bose" brand, but nothing would show up.  As of today, that "Bose" filter/button is gone.

• Reply 37 of 87
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PTE APPLE View Post

Bose doesn't need Apple. Headphones are not the dominant nor only revenue source for Bose.

I thought most of their revenues came from the QuietComfort headphones.  Is there a breakdown somewhere of revenue by product category?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

The elderly will be so disappointed.

Old bald dudes will always have those kiosks inside airport terminals, right?  ;) 

• Reply 38 of 87

Adios Bose.  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Good Riddance!  LOL

• Reply 39 of 87
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member
    tbell wrote: »
    Apple owns the most trafficked and valuable retail stores.
    Citation?
  • Reply 40 of 87
    Quote:

Originally Posted by malax View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by InteliusQ View Post

Apple is a huge sales channel of millions of customers worldwide, to say that Bose doesn't need Apple is an arrogant statement.

The loss of millions of dollars in sales just around the holiday shopping season is nothing to sneeze at.

I never cease to be amazed at the foolishness of many consumers.  It is trivially easy to find other vendors selling the same products that the Apple online store sells for less.  You could be right that Bose loses "millions of dollars in sales" as a result of this, but that's a measure of the idiocy of the buying public.

The trick to selling high dollar products is to market it where the money is. 

Honestly, I can't get over how colossally tonedeaf Bose has been over the past couple of weeks.  Insist the NFL fine a very popular young quarterback for wearing a competing brand of headphones, give Beats the equivalent of millions in free advertising via the 24-hour news cycle, make every kid want the "outlawed" brand, and have Apple show their products the door.  There must be some real geniuses on that marketing team...