Apple's online store begins taking preorders for iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3

Comments

• Reply 41 of 99
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    The guy who said the iPad mini is like Cinderella and Apple is the evil step mother hit the nail on the head. They shouldve just discontinued the rMini one and dropped the price to $299. Its sill rocking an A7? Im like WTF?

With that being said my order delivers 22-24 of next week.
  • Reply 42 of 99
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mike1 View Post

Why would anybody want or need to tag their photos with GPS info? Seriously, does anybody have a legitimate real-world use for this feature?

Well, I travel internationally - a lot, and I am also a geologist.  Having geolocated photos is integral to my work (I use an amazing app called Theodolite HD for field work), and makes my life much easier sorting lots of digital photos when I arrive back home.  Once they are geo-coded they can be directly plotted onto maps for reports or travel logs.

• Reply 43 of 99
    laynglayng Posts: 11member
    Space Grey
    128 GB
    Cellular

Upgraded from iPad Air

Wasn't going to upgrade, but after seeing what a major update it was decided to after all.
  • Reply 44 of 99
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    sog35 wrote: »
    You are one of the 1%

99% don't need that feature and most don't want to have TWO data plans.  I just use my iPhone to teether data for my Wifi Air.

Incisors, or molars?
  • Reply 45 of 99
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,053member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tkimball83 View Post

Completed.

iPad Mini 3

Space Grey

16 GB

WIFI

100% easier with LastPass

Paid $100 for Touch ID....ouch!

• Reply 46 of 99
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

You are one of the 1%

99% don't need that feature and most don't want to have TWO data plans.  I just use my iPhone to teether data for my Wifi Air.

Why are you still here? LOL...No self ban? Need a pardon?

• Reply 47 of 99
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

The guy who said the iPad mini is like Cinderella and Apple is the evil step mother hit the nail on the head. They shouldve just discontinued the rMini one and dropped the price to $299. Its sill rocking an A7? Im like WTF?

Haha...whoever buys iPad Mini at $249 is probably out of f..king mind...lol.

iPad Mini 3 is a joke at $399 with a Touch ID. Up to this point, if you really like the Mini, it appears Mini2 is the best value. If you can wait for another month, you can get it at $250...by Thanksgiving.

• Reply 48 of 99
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I acknowledge it! It's a huge update! Anybody who claims otherwise simply doesn't know what they're talking about and is totally clueless.

The A8X chip seems to be a beast! And the A8 motion sensor seems to be cool too. 40% faster CPU! 2.5x faster graphics! How in the hell is that minor?

What else has been improved or is brand new?

Improved camera (both front & back) plus many camera features from the iPhone like slow mo, burst mode, time lapse and panorama.

Super thin(thinnest tablet in the world!, thinner than an iPhone 6) and super light, less than a damn pound!

Improved display, which is now optically bonded, which means no more gaps, just like on the iPhone. This is the first time that such a display is available for iPad. And it now has the best anti-reflective coating found on any tablet!

Touch ID and ?Pay! 'nuff said!

Faster WIFI!

Anybody who claims that this is not a great update must either be a Fandroid or they must be broke and can't afford one.

Usually,  mid-term update is not physical design change but more on specs pump and Air 2 is a mid-term refresh. People didn't realize that Air 2 is the killer table. It destroys any tablet on the market with current specs...seriously.

• Reply 49 of 99
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    They get accused of being both pro and anti-Apple.
    No one could say with a straight face they are pro-Apple. Pro click bait, not pro Apple.
  • Reply 50 of 99
    schlack wrote: »
    Really surprised by the sites saying Apple didn't nail it with the new iPads.

It was a major update, with nearly all aspects seeing major redesigns and improvements.

Killer value for $500
    They look at mini 3 and are to much into that for an full size IPad.
    apple ][ wrote: »
    Some people are complaining about the iPad Mini 3, which I can understand, since the only new thing on that is gold and touch ID.

However, I've always felt that last year's iPad Mini should never have been equal to the iPad Air in terms of specs. And I didn't like that it was $100 cheaper than the Air, so I'm glad that Apple changed their strategy this year.

Some people may have been disappointed by the iPad Mini 3 this year, but the iPad Air 2 is killer!
    Ipads should not have variance, and $100 for screen change like iphones and MacBook Air, now the IPad mini 3 is a joke update, but hey at least the old ipads are $300, $250-this price will be good comparison.
    hillstones wrote: »

You make no sense, and never have.  Why should one iPad be crippled in performance simply because one offers a smaller screen than the other?  Both should have the same performance with different screen options….they are the same device, an iPad.  It was $100 cheaper because the display and manufacturing were cheaper.  Why do you not understand that?  Now Apple shot themselves in the foot with the iPad Mini 3 because no one will spend $100 more for a fingerprint button and gold.  Do you remember the "black tax" with the MacBook?  They will stick with the iPad Mini 2 for less money.  If the iPad Mini 3 also got the A8, then you would have a benefit to the $100 premium, but not for a fingerprint button and gold.  That is why the iPad Mini 3 got very little mention at all, they totally downplayed it.  If you want a crippled iPad to make yourself happy, you can still buy the original iPad mini with the pokey A5 and crappy screen.  I am sure you will bend your new iPad Air 2 when you try to cram it in your skinny jeans.
    I 100% agree, not even A8X, just A8 would be more practical.
  • Reply 51 of 99

For a second there i thought i was the only one that ordered the white gold iPadAir2.

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPhew!!!!

I hope people dont think i'm a Panzi for having a gold iPad lol.

• Reply 52 of 99
    I'm a little disappointed that they think people who want a Mini dont deserve the best specs like what the Air 2 has. I like the specs of the new Air 2 BUT.....does the new screen sound (and flex) like plastic like the original iPad Air? I got rid of my Air two weeks after getting it cause of that. Got me an iPad 4 and I LOVE it! I had a 2 before that. I'd rather have the thicker Gorilla Glass of the iPad 2/3/4 than the newer specs of the Air/Air 2 and that cheap sounding plastic screen as I type on it.
  • Reply 53 of 99
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Only the flagship devices get the very best.

It IS the flagship device.

• Reply 54 of 99
    I got up at midnight. No luck, the store was down. Got up a few more times later at night , no luck.
    Got up at 8:00 AM PDT and the store was still closed. I checked it just a few minutes later and it was open.

I ordered my gold iPad Air 2 with 128 gigs and LTE cellular. I will be getting it next week Wednesday thru Friday. I am happy.
    My wife will be getting my iPad 3 and my iPhone 6 Plus will have a brand new big buddy.
    Life is good!!!!
  • Reply 55 of 99

I was just doing some computing... If I wanted the new 5K iMac, a new iPad with 64G of storage, and the iPhone 6+ with 64G of storage, I could get the whole shebang for $3400. That's only $400 more then I paid for my 128K Mac and the dot matrix Apple printer.

The thought makes me dizzy to contemplate...

• Reply 56 of 99
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I acknowledge it! It's a huge update! Anybody who claims otherwise simply doesn't know what they're talking about and is totally clueless.

The A8X chip seems to be a beast! And the A8 motion sensor seems to be cool too. 40% faster CPU! 2.5x faster graphics! How in the hell is that minor?

What else has been improved or is brand new?

Improved camera (both front & back) plus many camera features from the iPhone like slow mo, burst mode, time lapse and panorama.

Super thin(thinnest tablet in the world!, thinner than an iPhone 6) and super light, less than a damn pound!

Improved display, which is now optically bonded, which means no more gaps, just like on the iPhone. This is the first time that such a display is available for iPad. And it now has the best anti-reflective coating found on any tablet!

Touch ID and ?Pay! 'nuff said!

Faster WIFI!

Anybody who claims that this is not a great update must either be a Fandroid or they must be broke and can't afford one.

Usually,  mid-term update is not physical design change but more on specs pump and Air 2 is a mid-term refresh. People didn't realize that Air 2 is the killer table. It destroys any tablet on the market with current specs...seriously.

I agree. I love how Apple has kept the top of the line iPad at the $499 price point, while teasing with four times the storage for only $100 more. It makes spending an additional C-note a no-brainer.

Velly crevel those Chinese Cupertinoans...!

• Reply 57 of 99
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    Quote:

I agree. I know Apple wants to expand the lineup and hit more price points, but there comes a point where you dilute the product and cause confusion. Not a fan of the way they setup the iPad mini lineup. The A5 chip is ancient, 3 gens old now, I don't think they should have kept that to sell for another year. At the LEAST they should have thrown in an A6 chip if they want to keep that model/pricepoint, and get it in line with a 5C. I have less of a problem with them keeping the A7 model, not that it really needs to exist. I feel bad for the ignorant people that want to save $50, and get the mini1, when $50 more gets them something SO much better. 

• Reply 58 of 99
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Quote:

I agree. I know Apple wants to expand the lineup and hit more price points, but there comes a point where you dilute the product and cause confusion. Not a fan of the way they setup the iPad mini lineup. The A5 chip is ancient, 3 gens old now, I don't think they should have kept that to sell for another year. At the LEAST they should have thrown in an A6 chip if they want to keep that model/pricepoint, and get it in line with a 5C. I have less of a problem with them keeping the A7 model, not that it really needs to exist. 

Apple knows what is selling in huge numbers and will dump what isn't... you just have to keep that in mind. In our collective ignorance, it's easy to say that certain moves are not smart, but it will look that way to those who are not clued in...

• Reply 59 of 99
    Done

iPad Air 2
    space gray
    64GB
    with cover
  • Reply 60 of 99
    gtr wrote: »
    Ordered.

IPad Air 2
    Space Grey
    64 GB
    Wifi
    40% more snappiness.

Congrats!

Hope you enjoy it (and can tolerate the loss of the mute button). I'll be interested to know how you get on with the speed, and whether you've torn your hair out from turning the volume up and down all the time.

I will probably get the same model but 128.