Am I the only one who thinks Yosemite is hideous?

Posted:
in macOS edited October 2014

Ive has way too much power at Apple. I don't think Jobs would have let him touch OSX.

Why is this guy doing software? Judging by how hideous Yosemite is, he never should have been let anywhere near it.

Safari looks ridiculous, like a third grader designed it. The re-size buttons look like crayons

I can't wait until this all goes away, at least I hope it will.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18

Why not just get used to it? Because it’s never “going away”.

• Reply 2 of 18

Just judging from screenshots I think it to be uglier than Mavericks:

1. The tray is only 2d and the icons on it look not nearly as good as before.

2. The buttons look flat and the direction-signs (forward, backward) in the finder look awful.

These are the things that I look upon the whole time and is how Mac OS X presents itself to me. If those look worse and for me downright ugly, then it's for me a backward-step.

Luckily I don't need the new features and so I don't need to update, I'll just stay on Mavericks.

As to the argument, that people should just grow accustomed to it as it would stay... I don't think so. If the outcry is big enough Apple will backpedal.

• Reply 3 of 18
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why not just get used to it? Because it’s never “going away”.

Maybe, maybe not.

Check the petition at this link:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=20138336#post20138336

• Reply 4 of 18
    Originally Posted by steve666 View Post

Check the petition at this link:

If you’re dumb enough to think an Internet petition is going to do anything, enjoy your delusions.

• Reply 5 of 18
    Quote:

If you’re dumb enough to think an Internet petition is going to do anything, enjoy your delusions.

I found the petition and I signed it. I have no delusions other than I would rather try and do something about it then sit around and complain

• Reply 6 of 18

I found the petition and I signed it. I have no delusions other than I would rather try and do something about it then sit around and complain

So why not actually do something about it, then? Change the icons yourself and get over it.

• Reply 7 of 18
    Quote:

So why not actually do something about it, then? Change the icons yourself and get over it.

Icons? The whole OS is a mess.

What I dislike the most is what Ive did to safari. Maybe some skins will become available in Extensions, but I've never seen that before.

• Reply 8 of 18

...what Ive did to safari. Maybe some skins will become available in Extensions, but I've never seen that before.

Looks identical.

• Reply 9 of 18
    Quote:

Looks identical.

Not the toolbar

• Reply 10 of 18

Not the toolbar

Okay. Looks better, then. It's cleaner and smaller.

• Reply 11 of 18
    Quote:

Okay. Looks better, then. It's cleaner and smaller.

For me it looks worse, the 3d-look of that in the previous MacOSX-version is imho way nicer. Same goes for the look of the window-buttons.

I can't figure out why Apple decided to change that to this flat 2d-look.

• Reply 12 of 18
    Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post

To keep the interface out of the way of the content. They've said this quite a few times.

• Reply 13 of 18
    Quote:

To keep the interface out of the way of the content. They've said this quite a few times.

It doesn't stay out of the way, it's actually more noticeable, IMO

• Reply 14 of 18
    My two cents on this subject:

There aren't many world-class industrial/product designers who are also world-class graphic designers and Ive is no exception. He has more than proven his skills in his chosen field.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    These first world "I dont like it" threads never fail to entertain me
  • Reply 16 of 18
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post

For me it looks worse, the 3d-look of that in the previous MacOSX-version is imho way nicer. Same goes for the look of the window-buttons.

Since I have neither Yosemite nor Mavericks, could you please post some screenshots to make this point clear for me?

• Reply 17 of 18
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Since I have neither Yosemite nor Mavericks, could you please post some screenshots to make this point clear for me?

These are just Wikipedia’s examples.

• Reply 18 of 18
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

These are just Wikipedia’s examples.

OK, I thought he was talking about something else. In my opinion, a 2D Dock is a more consistent choice. And I like it better. :)