Apple releases iOS 8.1 with Apple Pay support for iPhone 6 & 6 Plus, SMS relay, iCloud Photo Library

Comments

• Reply 41 of 118
    blkstr360 wrote: »
    Got a quarter pounder @ McDonald's ... Worked flawlessly.

No YouTube video to mark the occasion? Awww...
  • Reply 42 of 118
    No YouTube video to mark the occasion? Awww...
    I thought about it after the fact :-(.... I doubt I'm the first though.
  • Reply 43 of 118
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

I've actually been considering punishing myself with McDonalds just to try ApplePay.

Don't do it!  

Find a Panera Bread and go there instead.  

Drive out of state if you have to!

• Reply 44 of 118
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    rogifan wrote: »
    All I ask for with this update is it fixes my wifi issues, fixes text selection and copy/paste issues and makes Safari suck less. Pretty please Apple?

From my brief experience, it does indeed appear to do all those things.

All-round performance has also been improved.
  • Reply 45 of 118
    Very encouraging to see so many Monty Python fans here. ???? (He's a fair cop)

But society is to blame; we"ll be arresting them, too.
  • Reply 46 of 118
    iPhone 6 Plus here... can't seem to recognize the update. Every time I click 'Software Update', it says "iOS 8.0.2 Your software is up to date."

Edit: weirdly enough, I disabled WiFi and tried OTA and it recognized the update fine. Then told me it required WiFi to download... WiFi back on and everything seems to be progressing now....
  • Reply 47 of 118
    For those wondering. Cards in passbook and passbook shows recent purchases. I purchased a lightning cable (can't have enough of those) to test it out.

[IMG]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/51010/width/200/height/400[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/51011/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

FYI - capital one makes you download a different app to confirm adding your card to ? Pay.
  • Reply 48 of 118
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blkstr360 View Post

Got a quarter pounder @ McDonald's ... Worked flawlessly.

And then your Health App crashed!

• Reply 49 of 118
    Originally Posted by alcstarheel View Post

For those wondering. Cards in passbook and passbook shows recent purchases.

Okay, "recent purchases".

What about a running tally of your receipts? Does it have that? What good is it if I can't get to my history to mark down for my own records or for noting balance?

• Reply 50 of 118
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

I've actually been considering punishing myself with McDonalds just to try ApplePay.

You can always give it to a homeless person.  Or offer to pay for some frazzled mom with the kid lets in the line in front of you.   You don't actually have to eat there to try it.

• Reply 51 of 118

Added some credit cards to apple pay but others say they aren't supported yet (including Amex Corporate card) - Called Amex and they verified corporate cards not yet included but hopefully in the future.

• Reply 52 of 118
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

Don't do it!  

Find a Panera Bread and go there instead.  

Drive out of state if you have to!

I'd rather punish myself at McDonalds than give business to the hoplophobes at Panera Bread.

Plus, for fast food breakfast, McDonalds is OK.   Just the lunch/dinner menu which sucks (and probably tastes like) donkey balls.

• Reply 53 of 118
    Originally Posted by chadbag View Post

I'd rather punish myself at McDonalds than give business to the hoplophobes at Panera Bread.

Just get a CC permit. What they don't know might save them.

• Reply 54 of 118

Tried Apple Pay at Walgreens.  Works great and smooth.  The cashier was surprised that it worked because many peopled tried with NFC (presumably Android) and did not always work.

Note to Apple/Walgreens, let reward cards work with NFC too so I don't have to let the cashier scan the Passbook card, then tap, authenticate, then tap again, then press the "ok" on the POS.

• Reply 55 of 118

Scrolled down my notifications screen, saw a new notice that 4 new widgets are available, pushed "edit", and got a respring. Sigh.

• Reply 56 of 118
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherGeoff View Post

from my mac's iTunes.... (just because I'm about to spend the day driving), it's not even allowing connections.

well... We're Waiting!

killed time going to lunch with my beloved, and updating to Yosemite at the same time

Came back, and now I'm downloading 8.1

(3 hours remaining... getting peaks of 1Mpbs, but the 10 second samples show predominantly 100-200KBps)

Tick tock...

Off to do an errand.

• Reply 57 of 118
    Originally Posted by winstein2010 View Post

The cashier was surprised that it worked because many peopled tried with NFC and did not always work.

Just as the original iPhone wasn't a "cell phone", Apple Pay isn't "NFC".

Glad to see history repeating itself.

• Reply 58 of 118
    Tried Apple Pay at Walgreens.  Works great and smooth.  The cashier was surprised that it worked because many peopled tried with NFC and did not always work.

Note to Apple/Walgreens, let reward cards work with NFC too so I don't have to let the cashier scan the Passbook card, then tap, authenticate, then tap again, then press the "ok" on the POS.
    I used apple pay at Walgreens also and it asked me to enter my pin? It worked but not sure why it's asking for a pin?!
  • Reply 59 of 118
    Okay, "recent purchases".

What about a running tally of your receipts? Does it have that? What good is it if I can't get to my history to mark down for my own records or for noting balance?
    Don't see that in the main section or the i- information section.

Hopefully this is a stepping stone to having every receipt stored digitally. Easier and true sales tax deductions await.
  • Reply 60 of 118
    8.1 Seems faster. My iPad air required daily power cycles to fix stoppages. Hopefully Apple cured it