Apple releases iOS 8.1 with Apple Pay support for iPhone 6 & 6 Plus, SMS relay, iCloud Photo Library

Comments

• Reply 61 of 118
    Originally Posted by alcstarheel View Post

Don't see that in the main section or the i- information section.

Guess I won't be using it, then. Shame.

• Reply 62 of 118
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blkstr360 View Post

I used apple pay at Walgreens also and it asked me to enter my pin? It worked but not sure why it's asking for a pin?!

I did see in the Touch ID settings you can turn on/off Apple Pay in iOS 8.1

• Reply 63 of 118
    Quote:

Originally Posted by alcstarheel View Post

Don't see that in the main section or the i- information section.

Hopefully this is a stepping stone to having every receipt stored digitally. Easier and true sales tax deductions await.

Under the ( i ) icon for BoA, it has an option to open the BoA banking App and a little blurb "for a full account history and final transaction amounts, check your bank statement.

• Reply 64 of 118
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,275member

If it works, I'm happy for "Fixes issues with group messaging".

Hopefully, it works better on my iPad 2.

• Reply 65 of 118
    jkichlinejkichline Posts: 1,369member

Bummer. I tried to enter each of my credit cards into Apple Pay and none of them work, including one that should work (Chase Visa).  I'm hoping that gets sorted out soon.

• Reply 66 of 118
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Text selection and copy/paste are still messed up (in Safari at least). Damn I thought 8.1 might fix that. :(
  • Reply 67 of 118
    jkichline wrote: »
    Bummer. I tried to enter each of my credit cards into Apple Pay and none of them work, including one that should work (Chase Visa).  I'm hoping that gets sorted out soon.
    Had to try twice with one of my cards.
    Under the ( i ) icon for BoA, it has an option to open the BoA banking App and a little blurb "for a full account history and final transaction amounts, check your bank statement.
    Here's to hoping all ? Pay full receipts are stored somewhere either now or in the near future.
  • Reply 68 of 118
    technotechno Posts: 737member

For someone living in Canada with an American credit card, I wish ApplePay was not restricted in the software, but instead by your physical location. In other words, why shouldn't I be able to use this and add a credit card? 

• Reply 69 of 118

I entered multiple chase visas and they all worked.

• Reply 70 of 118

you can stop by wall greens on your way home and try ApplePay there when you get your 'Tums'

Funnily enough, Walgreens is just down the street from MickeyD's.
  • Reply 71 of 118

Chase has only enabled some of their cards.  List is here: www.chasedigitalpayments.com.

• Reply 72 of 118
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

Funnily enough, Walgreens is just down the street from MickeyD's.

That's no accident, American fast "food" and pharmaceuticals go hand in hand.

• Reply 73 of 118
    I still get a the same video bug whenever I go from portrait to landscape ????
  • Reply 74 of 118

Based on Apple's recent os blunders I think I'll hold off for the time being....

• Reply 75 of 118
    netmagenetmage Posts: 314member
    blkstr360 wrote: »
    I used apple pay at Walgreens also and it asked me to enter my pin? It worked but not sure why it's asking for a pin?!

Did you set up a debit card?
  • Reply 76 of 118
    netmagenetmage Posts: 314member
    Guess I won't be using it, then. Shame.

It does offer security and convenience over your current credit cards - or do you not use credit cards?
  • Reply 77 of 118
    how do you get the new features to work?
    iPhone 6 Plus and brand new MacBook Pro both on the same wifi but nothing happens and I can't find anything in the settings...??? even downloaded the guide from iBooks but there's nothing about the new features there...
    anyone?
  • Reply 78 of 118

And where on icloud.com do I see the photos???

• Reply 79 of 118
    Originally Posted by NetMage View Post

It does offer security and convenience over your current credit cards - or do you not use credit cards?

Not if I can help it. There would be absolutely no question if it was able to keep track of my crap for me when I'm away. If it only shows "recents", that's only a certain number of transactions I can make before one or more gets hidden. I can't remember to deduct it then.

• Reply 80 of 118
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by John.B View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Other features, fixes and changes in iOS 8.1 include:

• Fixes an issue that could prevent connections to Bluetooth hands-free devices

• Fixes bugs that could cause screen rotation to stop working

• Fixes an issue in Safari where videos would sometimes not play

The screen rotation issues, along with Mobile Safari's inability to actually select text, and the glitchy video playback have been the three most annoying iOS bugs I've ever seen.  All are common use cases, and missing those bugs shows a lack of adequate testing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

All I ask for with this update is it fixes my wifi issues, fixes text selection and copy/paste issues and makes Safari suck less. Pretty please Apple?

Glad to see it wasn't just me.

Apple Pay, Continuity, etc. will all be great I'm sure, but I just want to go back to a quality iPhone experience.  I handed my 7.1.4 iPhone 5S down to my daughter and I've been missing it ever since.