Tour Apple Inc's spaceship Campus 2 in extended aerial video

Posted:
in General Discussion edited October 2014
See the rapid progress being made at Apple's "spaceship" Campus 2 project site in Cupertino, California in our exclusive aerial tour of the site and the company's nearby existing Infinite Loop campus headquarters.

Granted final approval just one year ago, Apple's Campus 2 project is rapidly moving toward its occupancy goal of 2016.

Apple's cofounder Steve Jobs unveiled the huge project in 2011, noting that the central 2.8-million-square-foot "spaceship" structure would house 12,000 employees, surrounded by bucolic landscaping including orchards of fruit trees and other greenery, featuring open space and walking paths to reclaim most of the 150-acre plot previously covered by asphalt parking lots.

Apple Campus 2

See also previous coverage on AppleInsider of Apple Campus 2 and the current Infinite Loop headquarters, as well as information on the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus and our other articles on drones.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    This HQ is going to be fucking amazing. Also progressing at incredible speed.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Thanks, Daniel, I appreciate the frequent updates documenting the progress on Apple's donut. It looks like concrete has been poured on approximately half of the basement floor.

When this project is complete, it is going to be one of the most amazing buildings in the world.

Wow!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    wdowellwdowell Posts: 226member
    All impressive. Ended up putting sound on mute though as that pseudo Christmas jungle demo musak didn't quit suit the immensely impressive and brilliantly designed contruction - each to their own though ;)
  • Reply 4 of 8
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member

You know it is one thing to fly over a construction site, it is another thing to fly into the middle of Apple current campus. That is asking for trouble that is for sure.

• Reply 5 of 8
    I registered an account simply to comment on this very peculiar choice of background music. I feel like a molester tracing the lines of my prey as I hover over its lifeless body.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

You know it is one thing to fly over a construction site, it is another thing to fly into the middle of Apple current campus. That is asking for trouble that is for sure.

I'm surprised they didn't go look in some windows while they were there. 

• Reply 7 of 8
    schlackschlack Posts: 719member
    I hope that's a track on the roof for running. How awesome would that be.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Loved that video.. Please keep the Apple Campus 2 updates coming!