Best Nationwide ISP

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was wondering what the best nationwide ISP is or at least which you like. I have Earthlink, but I'd consider it the worst. Of course I'd prefer DSL or something, but alas, not available.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    There aren't very many nationwide ISPs any more, and most people would consider Earthlink one of the few good ones!
  • Reply 2 of 5
    idudeidude Posts: 352member
    Well, that sure sucks for me. The one good one happens to be the one that kicks me off and gives me busy signals. The real reason I dislike it though is because they charge you $1 extra if more than one computer is logged onto the same account at the same time.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Earthlink DSL is the best nationwide ISP. If it's (DSL) not available in your area... What is your area? What do you have access to? I'd choose speed over anything else. I'm using what used to be Cox@Home (Cox.net), and it's exactly the same as it was before speed wise. I love it.

Anything will do. Other than AOL.

• Reply 4 of 5
    idudeidude Posts: 352member
    I live in NW Indiana. About 45 min outside Chicago. Ameritech's site says DSL is available in my area, but there was just (like a week ago) a full page article about broadband in the area, and basically it's non existent. I just haven't gotten around to calling Ameritech. I'm signed up to be notified if Earthlink DSL is available here, but nothing so far.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Try changing your access number,I was having a lot of problems with Earthlink but they cleared up when I switched to a different access number.