Does Copy-Paste work right with IOS 8.1

Posted:
in iPad edited November 2014
Apple makes no mention of fixing it in their write-up. I'm waiting to see if the fix is in before I update.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11

What was broken? It worked right before.

• Reply 2 of 11
    fishnrib wrote: »
    Apple makes no mention of fixing it in their write-up. I'm waiting to see if the fix is in before I update.

I forgot to mention that I have an iPad 2 and there are a lot of complaints about this along with it deleting a lot of e-mail.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    I forgot to mention that I have an iPad 2 and there are a lot of complaints about this along with it deleting a lot of e-mail.

This was what was happening with mine after update IOS 8.

"Upgraded my ipad2 to ios 8. General slowdown, apps crashing on startup, huge lag when typing or selecting email from inbox. I've also experienced a strange copy/paste issue In Safari, facebook and other apps. When I copy and try to paste, I often get an old item I copied instead of the last item. Yesterday I tried to paste a URL repeatedly and kept getting text I copied from notes earlier in the day. I gave up. Today when I tried to copy and paste a sentence from a website, the URL that wouldn't paste yesterday kept pasting! Anyone else experience these issues?"

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6546363
  • Reply 4 of 11

hmm, maybe a simple reset would fix it. Maybe just do a restore...

make sure your apps are up to date, too.

Never seen that behavior on any of the dozen + ? things in my house. 

• Reply 5 of 11
    hmm, maybe a simple reset would fix it. Maybe just do a restore...
    make sure your apps are up to date, too.
    Never seen that behavior on any of the dozen <span style="line-height:1.4em;">+ ? things in my house. </span>

Did you look at the 6 pages of users with this's problen and so far only one person with the problem has updated to IOS 8.1 and so far copy/paste is working for him.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Originally Posted by FishNrib View Post

Did you look at the 6 pages of users with this's problen and so far only one person with the problem has updated to IOS 8.1 and so far copy/paste is working for him.

OH WOW SIX ARBITRARY PAGES OF AN ARBITRARY NUMBER OF USERS THAT MUST MEAN SOMETHING

–No one

• Reply 7 of 11

OH WOW SIX ARBITRARY PAGES OF AN ARBITRARY NUMBER OF USERS THAT MUST MEAN SOMETHING

–No one

He was replying to my previous post that included this link which had 6 pages of users with the problem created by
    ISO 8.

OS 8 copy paste problem + slowdown
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6546363?start=75&tstart=0
  • Reply 8 of 11
    He was replying to my previous post that included this link which had 6 pages of users with the problem created by
    ISO 8.

OS 8 copy paste problem + slowdown
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6546363?start=75&tstart=0

I went ahead and installed OSI 8.1 and it fixed the copy/paste problem on my iPad2 16GB

But

Safari took a second boot after the install to work
    Gmail thru Safari is still is deleting mail that I haven't selected and I can't access my folders
    Photobucket freezes when I select IMG Code
  • Reply 9 of 11
    I did a Reset and hard booted my iPad2 twice. Now Safari works real fast and no problems with copy paste.
    I found my problem with Gmail and Photobucket has submitted a fix to the App Store.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    I have the same issue with my iphone 4s. The first update to 8.0 crashed my phone and called for a full restore. I then upgraded to 8.1 which killed the copy paste functions. In some apps it works but in many, especially facebook or coping URL's in safari it just holds onto old copied data and will not update to current copy paste. I have had to abandon editing on the phone and do it only on my ipads where it works. Really screwed up the usefullness of my iphone. Anyone know of any way to fix this?
  • Reply 11 of 11
    I have the same issue with my iphone 4s. The first update to 8.0 crashed my phone and called for a full restore. I then upgraded to 8.1 which killed the copy paste functions. In some apps it works but in many, especially facebook or coping URL's in safari it just holds onto old copied data and will not update to current copy paste. I have had to abandon editing on the phone and do it only on my ipads where it works. Really screwed up the usefullness of my iphone. Anyone know of any way to fix this? I did a full restore and it changed nothing on my iphone 4s.