iPhone 6 demand continues to outstrip supply, may not see balance before 2015

Comments

• Reply 21 of 51
    We're gonna need some more Chinamen!
  • Reply 22 of 51
    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Translation: I don't personally want to buy a larger iPhone, therefore Apple should not create one, damn the nearly other 6+billion people on the planet, with different preferences. 

No, but enjoy.

How the **** did Samsung "pave the way"?

Somehow I doubt that you can refute the statement that Apple wouldn't have made phones this large had Android not done it, too.

• Reply 23 of 51
    Quote:

Epic Quote. 

Translation: I don't personally want to buy a larger iPhone, therefore Apple should not create one, damn the nearly other 6+billion people on the planet, with different preferences. 

Haha, yeah. The funny part is that we could find like dozens of even more arrogant, epic quotes from this guy claiming how dumb it would be for Apple to make big screen iPhones (and smaller screen iPads before the Mini came out). It's been pretty obvious for the past couple years that bigger screen iPhones would be a flat-out success.

• Reply 24 of 51
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    pazuzu wrote: »
    So when does T Cook thank Samsung and the Galaxy for paving the way?

Around about the time that Samsung thanks Apple for 'paving the way' by making the modern smartphone in 2007.
  • Reply 25 of 51
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member

Haha, yeah. The funny part is that we could find like dozens of even more arrogant, epic quotes from this guy claiming how dumb it would be for Apple to make big screen iPhones (and smaller screen iPads before the Mini came out). It's been pretty obvious for the past couple years that bigger screen iPhones would be a flat-out success.

Just about any sized iPhone would've been a flat-out success. Do you think that sales would've been less had they not gone bigger?
  • Reply 26 of 51
    sog35 wrote: »

There is no 4 inch phone made by Android that will attract former iPhone owners.

I would not mind seeing a 4 inch iPhone6.  But I don't think there is enough demand to justify the cost of running a whole manufactering line for a 3rd phone.  Also I don't think it is possible to make an iPhone6 with the similar slim design and have a decent battery life.

What demand was there for a big phone? All sales reports showed that the smaller form factor was the most popular in the world. No Samsung Note was ever in the top 3 in sales.
  • Reply 27 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

What demand was there for a big phone? All sales reports showed that the smaller form factor was the most popular in the world. No Samsung Note was ever in the top 3 in sales.

Were the Galaxy S4 and S5 good sellers? 5"+ is a big phone.

• Reply 28 of 51
    Quote:

Just about any sized iPhone would've been a flat-out success. Do you think that sales would've been less had they not gone bigger?

LOL duh. Whoever said sales for a smaller screen iPhone would not be a success? Certainly not me. The point is bigger screen iPhones are FAR from being a bad move, as some here have insisted.

• Reply 29 of 51

Were the Galaxy S4 and S5 good sellers? 5"+ is a big phone.

Depends on who you ask. Some say yes, some say no, and others say yes, or no depending on convenience.
  • Reply 30 of 51
    LOL duh. Whoever said sales for a smaller screen iPhone would not be a success? Certainly not me. The point is bigger screen iPhones are FAR from being a bad move, as some here have insisted.

The smaller screen phone was already a success, so any claim to the contrary would be ignoring facts. Btw you didn't answer my question.
  • Reply 31 of 51
    jkichlinejkichline Posts: 1,369member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

So when does T Cook thank Samsung and the Galaxy for paving the way?

When Samsung thanks Apple for paving their way (to rip off the iPhone)...

• Reply 32 of 51
    Quote:

The smaller screen phone was already a success, so any claim to the contrary would be ignoring facts. Btw you didn't answer my question.

Haha do I have to spell everything out for you? Of course a small iPhone would be successful. The success of the 5 and 5s during a time when Android phones were much bigger makes that obvious. How much of a success would a small new iPhone be compared to these bigger 6 and 6 Plus phones? Who knows? Like I said, I never claimed otherwise. However, some here have said Apple would never make big screen iPhones and that it would be a terrible idea for them to do so. Obviously, that belief was dead wrong. Lol that easy enough for you to unnastan? 

• Reply 33 of 51
    plovellplovell Posts: 824member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

Wow that jumped: it was 3-4 weeks a couple days back.

Think: it's now on sale in China.

• Reply 34 of 51

Haha do I have to spell everything out for you? Of course a small iPhone would be successful. The success of the 5 and 5s during a time when Android phones were much bigger makes that obvious. How much of a success would a small new iPhone be compared to these bigger 6 and 6 Plus phones? Who knows? Like I said, I never claimed otherwise. However, some here have said Apple would never make big screen iPhones and that it would be a terrible idea for them to do so. Obviously, that belief was dead wrong. Lol that easy enough for you to unnastan? 

Including Steve Jobs. Many also said that making a plastic iPhone was a mistake, and a year later it seems like they were right even though it sold much better than the competition.
  • Reply 35 of 51
    The trolls are rocking back and forth, clutching a green Android plushie, chanting: [I]"bendgate will save us, bendgate will save us, bendgate will save us..."[/I] ;)
  • Reply 36 of 51
    metrixmetrix Posts: 256member

The sales numbers would have been the same even if the iPhone 6 was the same size as the 5s. This was just Apples way of killing the last little niche that Samsung had. Samsung's last play was to make a phone that looked like it was solid metal. 

• Reply 37 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post

Samsung execs must be overdosing on Tums right about now.

Or climbing out of the windows and jumping.

Or taking an overdose of Oxycontin.

• Reply 38 of 51

Like I and many others predicted, Samsung is going to have a TERRIBLE end to this year. The only advantage they had over Apple was building a large phone for people who value screen size above all else. Now that advantage has been wiped out.

I wonder how this will affect HTC or LG?

• Reply 39 of 51

The 128GB 6 Plus is yet to make an official appearance in India (it is available on Ebay but I wouldn't risk buying one from sellers who do not take returns).

I am on the shortlist when Apple decides to ship some over here. It's a bitch, waiting for them. I'm on a totally different planet!

• Reply 40 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Even Apple knows the iPad Mini is dying.  That's why they gave it a weak refresh.

People need to understand that Apple does a TON of research.  They probably knew months ago that the iPad Mini would get canibalized when the PLUS is released.

Being canabalized by a more expensive device with higher margins is not exactly a bad thing.