Apple's OS X Yosemite now available for free download with Continuity features, iTunes 12, more

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 147
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

Ok, I'll take your word for that, as I'm not going to go through all that again just to check that an option is there.

• Reply 142 of 147
    crowley wrote: »
    Ok, I'll take your word for that, as I'm not going to go through all that again just to check that an option is there.

I'm going to suggest not giving up, and I think it would be worth it... if you're in the London area... to make an appointment at one of the Apple Stores to see what they can do to either a) merge your accounts, or b) find a workaround that wont be such a hassle i.e. maybe tying your iTunes account with Family Plan(???)

I'd at least be interested in knowing the results of such a visit and the solution they gave.
  • Reply 143 of 147
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

I'm going to suggest not giving up, and I think it would be worth it... if you're in the London area... to make an appointment at one of the Apple Stores to see what they can do to either a) merge your accounts, or b) find a workaround that wont be such a hassle i.e. maybe tying your iTunes account with Family Plan(???)

I'd at least be interested in knowing the results of such a visit and the solution they gave.

It is a vexed issue. The problem is that all iTunes purchases are linked to that account. So if you have a separate iCloud account, you won't be able to use it for re-downloading iTunes purchases from the other account, for example. To combine accounts, Apple would have to either change the imbedded data on all the iTunes purchases or haul all iCloud data to the other account. I don't think they have the capability to do either.

• Reply 144 of 147
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    I believe ios 8.1 on Monday addresses those issues.

I am having the same issues and i have 8.1 and yosemite
  • Reply 145 of 147
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    nolamacguy wrote: »
    did you contact the developers and ask why?
    No, I fixed it and kept moving. I'll wait until my current project is over before upgrading.
  • Reply 146 of 147

Found the solution here: http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/152203/osx-10-10-yosmite-turn-off-macbo ok-pros-display-while-connect-to-external-moni

In terminal:

Enable: sudo nvram boot-args="niog=1"

To undo: sudo nvram -d boot-args

This works brilliantly!

Steps I use:

1) After putting in the terminal command, reboot and close the lid immediately

2) Keep the lid closed during boot up and once logged in, open the lid

3) The MacBook Pro's screen is off

• Reply 147 of 147
    everyone asking for direct download link of yosemite so
    here is direct link for yosemite and updates...
    http://soft4macfree.blogspot.com/2014/12/yosemite-os-x-download-free-download.html