Show us your artwork

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Since things are pretty boring around here right now, how a mini art show? Drawings, sketches, Photoshop - whatever. I'd especially like to see those without Art training show some things. And for folks like Leonis, just show us your favorite piece and tell us why you like it.

Chas

Comments

• Reply 1 of 62
    Well, here's a work in progress

It's my very first complete human sculpted from a cube in three-dee. I've only finished the head, but, as I said, it's a "work in progress"...
  • Reply 2 of 62
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Well. I think I should post my lastest stuff instead of the old ones

These are also the "works in progress"

My duty is to texturing stuff. Keep in mind that all these textures ARE CREATED FROM SCRATCH

Lemme know what you think

[ 02-17-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 62
    Here's one of my Bryce rendered scenes that I have made:

• Reply 4 of 62
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Well, i sorta have some peices. I have a graphic arts class at school. I made one things that I think is really cool: This rocket I made in Illustrator. There are other things, such as "Star Wars episode 3, Raid on Bethlehem", but they wont open right now for me to change then into more

Also,I made this web page design in photoshop with most of the elements coming from Illustrator: THE GREEN COLOR IS OFF. IT Should look more orange

[ 02-17-2002: Message edited by: Nebagakid ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 62
    [quote]Originally posted by Leonis:

<strong>Well. I think I should post my lastest stuff

These are also the "works in progress"

My duty is to texturing stuff. Keep in mind that all these textures ARE CREATED FROM SCRATCH

Lemme know what you think </strong><hr></blockquote>

What program did you use to make those?
  • Reply 6 of 62
    [quote]Originally posted by kHack:

<strong>

What program did you use to make those?</strong><hr></blockquote>

You mean the texture or the model?
  • Reply 6 of 62
    [quote]Originally posted by Leonis:

<strong>

You mean the texture or the model?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Both - in the 2nd picture you can see a GUI - what program is that?
  • Reply 8 of 62
    [quote]Originally posted by kHack:

<strong>

Both - in the 2nd picture you can see a GUI - what program is that?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Cinema 4D by Maxon Computing

YEAH BABY! (I use C4D too )
  • Reply 9 of 62
    [quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:

<strong>

Cinema 4D by Maxon Computing

</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's Maxon Computer

Oh...starfleet...you disappoint me
  • Reply 10 of 62
    Bah! Those German computer companies and their fancy screwed up names!
  • Reply 11 of 62
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    My iMac is being such a bastard lately (sorry murbot...check your e-mail). I'm on another machine right now...hope this works.

• Reply 12 of 62
    Here's my best work:

And I didn't even design the berries icon! I just added text to the image.

Go to <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/mbenonis/cranberry/"; target="_blank">http://homepage.mac.com/mbenonis/cranberry/</a>; to learn more about Cranberry.
  • Reply 13 of 62
    Some cool stuff. pscates: love your style, Leonis - I like the forest scene the best. I did think the foreground was a little busy and took away from the trees. Starfleet X. What program are you using to do the modeling? Looks great so far. The last time I did any modeling was with Infini-D about 4 years ago and it was next to impossible to create anything organic with it.

Here's a drawing I did awhile back but it's still my favorite. Colored pencil on Canson paper.

Keep 'em coming.

Chas
  • Reply 14 of 62
    [quote]Originally posted by Macmedia:

Starfleet X. What program are you using to do the modeling? Looks great so far. The last time I did any modeling was with Infini-D about 4 years ago and it was next to impossible to create anything organic with it.<hr></blockquote>

I'm using Cinema 4D, as I mentioned after my post. I used to use Infini-D too, yeeaaaars ago. It was okay for it's time and for its low LOW price. I use C4D's various NURBS to create organic meshes like that one.

Nice shading on the muscle in that Jordan pic.

[ 02-17-2002: Message edited by: starfleetX ]</p>
  • Reply 15 of 62
    [quote]Originally posted by pscates:

<strong>My iMac is being such a bastard lately (sorry murbot...check your e-mail). I'm on another machine right now...hope this works.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Excellent stuff. I like your style
  • Reply 16 of 62
    Thank you.
  • Reply 17 of 62
    So do I. Great stuff.
  • Reply 18 of 62
    jutusjutus Posts: 272member
    pscates: have you done art for macworld? That picture on the lower left looks familiar. Fantastic stuff, btw.

leonis: Looking great! What did you use to make the textures?
  • Reply 19 of 62
    How does illustrator work? Do you use lines and add textures and color or is it a 3d modeling app. I have never used it, I have seen it demoed at MW Keynotes I think.

I use 3D Studio Max. I will post my more recent stuff soon. Stupud PC's at my school using 3d Studio. I hate it, but now I know how to use it enough to do some minor stuff.
  • Reply 20 of 62
    The lower left picture (me at my iMac), you probably saw posted in my sig at Bad Flamingo or even here in the past.

No, I've never done any work for Macworld, but I would LOVE to someday. I love those little 2-4" spot illustrations used throughout in certain issues/articles. Check out pages 42, 43, 44, 98, 100 and 106 in the current issue (March, with the new iMac on the cover) to see what I'm talking about.

All my illustration heroes (Ron Chan, Steven Lyons and Peter Hoey) are frequent, longtime contributors to Macworld magazine and have inspired me quite a bit over the years.

Not sure about Hoey and his software of choice, but I know for a fact that Chan and Lyons are HUGE Illustrator users (Chan was one of the very first artists on the planet to get his hands on Adobe Illustrator, codenamed "Picasso" at the time, back before it was even available to the public).

If you really want to see some kick-ass Adobe Illustrator work, check out their sites:

<a href="http://www.ronchan.com"; target="_blank">Ron Chan</a>

<a href="http://www.stevenlyons.com"; target="_blank">Steven Lyons</a>

<a href="http://www.peterhoey.com"; target="_blank">Peter Hoey</a>

You'll probably recognize them and their style if you've read Macworld for the past decade or so.

But thank you for the compliments. I appreciate them and they mean a lot.

And yes...I put a little orange in everything I do.