Mac users report Bluetooth lag & connection issues after updating to OS X Yosemite

Comments

• Reply 21 of 85
    FIXED!!

The way to fix this is to go to your bluetooth settings and delete all your paired devices. THEN REBOOT.

Then go to pair them agian as normal (for the mouse go to System Pref -> mouse; for keyboard System Prefs-> Add Bluetooth Keyboard).

Fixed my issue with my magic mouse and keyboard.

Ash.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/budget-planner/id590508709?mt=8
  • Reply 22 of 85
    xgmanxgman Posts: 159member
    Have not seen this delay on my 2012-13 imac keyboard or trackpad.
  • Reply 23 of 85
    Also seen a major issues with Wi-fi dropping/no connecting after upgrade to Yosemite. Looks like a problem with parental controls/security.
  • Reply 24 of 85

My MBP 2013 is working fine from what I have witnessed so far.  iMac 2013 is running fine as well.  I have only used connection to bluetooth speaker twice and both times it worked fine.  So far so good on my end.

• Reply 25 of 85
    jkichlinejkichline Posts: 1,369member

Just yanked the power cord out of my 2014 MBP and my Magic Mouse worked great with no delays.  I usually run with it plugged into power however but have not seen any Bluetooth issues so far.

I do find it annoying that Siri doesn't use my car's sound system to speak to me when I use "Hey Siri".  It hard to hear. There are also some issues that require me to use the phone while driving which is not a good idea.

• Reply 26 of 85
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member
    Never had any problem with Bluetooth on any Yosemite release, going back to beta 1.
    (Late-2013 iMac & late-2013 rMBP.)

On the other hand, I have never been able to get Continuity / Handoff to work.
    Not even once. (iOS 8.1 on iPhone 6 & iPad mini 1.)
    Tried all the how-to's. No joy.
  • Reply 27 of 85

I've been having what appears to be BlueTooth issues on my Mid-2012 Retina MBP - although they come and go.

I'm streaming music to a BlueTooth speaker and using a Magic Mouse - both devices started 'stuttering' today for long periods of time, then clearing up. Music playback was annoyingly broken up and at the same time I noticed the Magic Mouse was 'laggy'. Tried switching off the Magic Mouse and disconnecting, and still heard the stutter on the speakers. Disconnected the speakers as well, then reconnected and the problem remained for both devices.

That was this afternoon - come back this evening to the MBP and everything is working fine again. So no closer to understanding what the problem is, other than maybe it's related to this thread.

• Reply 28 of 85
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member

I've got a Retina 15" MBP (2012) and it's been having Bluetooth connection issues with my Logitech Bluetooth mouse ever since the first Beta of Yosemite. I never had issues with any other OS X release, and I'm still having them with the GM of Yosemite. 

My mouse will just randomly loose its connection to my MBP and I can sometimes get it back by turing off/on Bluetooth on both the PC and the mouse. But most of the time, I have to actually reboot the machine to get everything to work which is a pain in the ass.

This bug is almost as annoying as the Copy/Paste bug in iOS 8.0.1/8.0.2 and still exists in iOS 8.1 where items that you copied three or for sessions back are pasted when using the command.

• Reply 29 of 85

Yosemite brought crackling noises on phone calls.

• Reply 30 of 85
    Handoff is not working between my brand new Retina iMac and my iPad Air. Pages is open on my Pad and shows up at the left end of the dock on my Mac, but when I click on it the pop up window on the Mac says "opening" with its progress bar showing complete, but tt freezes there and doesn't open. Is this related to Bluetooth issues?
  • Reply 31 of 85
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,293member
    I have noticed lag on my Magic Mouse with my e2011 MBP 13", that I never had before... It's happened twice since the Yosemite upgrade. It will work fine, then all of a sudden the cursor beings to stutter and lag, turning the mouse off and on will fix it.
  • Reply 32 of 85
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member

but that wouldn't be bluetooth - If your extolling many benefits of Yosemite - I have to agree. Its a great upgrade in general.

Right, I was replying to the post from @patpatpat
  • Reply 33 of 85
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    I noticed Wifi connectivity issues but wasn't going to say a peep.
  • Reply 34 of 85
    Haven't seen issues with my 2011 MBA.

Have had issues with 2011 Mac Mini updated from Mavericks to Yosemite. Stopped seeing and connecting with Magic Mouse and Keyboard. After wiping and a clean install it worked again.
  • Reply 35 of 85
    Quote:

Originally Posted by doctrsnoop View Post

Haven't seen issues with my 2011 MBA.

Have had issues with 2011 Mac Mini updated from Mavericks to Yosemite. Stopped seeing and connecting with Magic Mouse and Keyboard. After wiping and a clean install it worked again.

Could be because 2011 MBA is not enabled for handoff, so airdrop MAC to IOS won't work on your 2011MBA. I have a 2011 MBA also, and BT on that is fine, its just a tad frustrating that Apple didn't include handoff for that product, despite it having capable BT/WiFi parts.

• Reply 36 of 85

I upgraded to Yosemite.  My Magic Mouse wasn't working great.  I went to the Apple store and bought a new one.  Now the new Magic Mouse doesn't work at all.  I am now using a corded mouse and I have always used a corded keypad.  I have never been happy with Blue Tooth mice.  My wife and I tried the self charging mice, but they would briefly disconnect on a regular basis.  Once is fine, but every 10 minutes gets old fast.

• Reply 37 of 85
    mactmact Posts: 26member
    I have seen a lot of people reporting problems with AirDrop, both Mac to Mac and Mac to Phone.
  • Reply 38 of 85
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member

If anything, upgrading my 2009 iMac to Yosemite actually made the bluetooth connections to my trackpad and mouse work more consistently.  I was having problems (especially on Mavericks) with my devices mysteriously stop working, yet showing it as connected.  I would occasionally have to power-off the devices and power-on to make it active again.

Yosemite has been the easiest and most stable transition yet.  I'm a happy camper.

• Reply 39 of 85
    After updating to 10.10 on my mid 2009 MacBook Pro I now have a 3-5 second delay on audio played through my beats studio wireless Bluetooth headphones. Video and audio are out of sync.
  • Reply 40 of 85

Haven't had BT issues but seem to be experiencing a hoard of others:

- WiFi partial connectivity after wake (requires reboot)

- Thunderbolt display won't appear unless cable unplugged from back of display (using brand new MacBook Pro

- TextEdit freezes or takes an insane amount of time to find/replace items in a 1.5MB text file

- 2011 iMac is now dead-in-the-water at boot-up screen (tried all manner of things from target disc-mode to run Disk Utility, to resetting System Management Controller, to zapping PRAM). – finally got it back up booting in verbose mode.

- Thunderbolt internet share issues (between laptop and iMac using Ethernet connection)

- Mail anomolies – sporadic connection problems

etc...