iPhone 6 Plus users report persistent unexplained crashing issues, possibly tied to large app librar

Comments

• Reply 41 of 212

The 5S is obsolete. No ApplePay NFC, last years chip, no RetinaHD display, no 802.11ac WiFi, no VoLTE support, no WiFi calling support, last year's camera...need I go on?

Well thanks! I have the 5s. I thought it was pretty darn good and I had no intention of upgrading for quite some time baring some stupidity of my own fault where I break it.

But wait? Want to tell me why I was so stupid for buying it again?
  • Reply 42 of 212
    pazuzu wrote: »
    Delete your emails.

That has absolutely nothing to do with it. What's happening is that iOS is caching data to the flash that cannot be deleted. Stream music, and it takes up space but cannot be deleted. The only way to remove it is to restore the device.
  • Reply 43 of 212
    Well thanks! I have the 5s. I thought it was pretty darn good and I had no intention of upgrading for quite some time baring some stupidity of my own fault where I break it.

But wait? Want to tell me why I was so stupid for buying it again?

No one said you were stupid. It's just a fact of technology. I'm typing this response on my obsolete iPad Air, lol.
  • Reply 44 of 212
    That has absolutely nothing to do with it. What's happening is that iOS is caching data to the flash that cannot be deleted. Stream music, and it takes up space but cannot be deleted. The only way to remove it is to restore the device.

Great. Didn't know that. I don't stream music. I certainly won't now.
  • Reply 45 of 212
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    My iPhone has yet to have a single issue with 8.1. My iPad occasionally locks up Safari, but it did that in 7 as well. Test selection is still a bit sensitive.

What I am having is the ridiculous storage consumption issue on my iPad, did it under 8 and does it still under 8.1. Where all your storage is slowly consumed by "other". I expect a fix ASAP because that's inexcusable. Not the only one this has happened to, Gruber's been reporting on it for a while. Just my iPad that does it.
    Safari on iOS 8/8.1 sucks. Apple needs to get its shit together and get these things fixed.
  • Reply 46 of 212
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

Seven hundred apps? Am I the only one who thinks that's a little excessive?

I'm an app hoarder and I have at tops 100 apps; most of which are not installed. Really, I thought people bought large memory iDevices for songs and books; not for upwards of 700 apps

• Reply 47 of 212
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member

You must be streaming it wrong. Delete your cache.
  • Reply 48 of 212
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

And this is why I only buy the "S" series. Thankful to you guinea pigs but sorry for your trevails.

I'd like to see one post from you where you're not completely full of shit. I've had every non-S variation of the iPhone, and they all served their full lifespan with no major issues. There's not a shred of evidence that S models are any more reliable. 60 fucking responses in a support forum is not evidence that a product that has sold tens of millions has been sold to "guinea pigs". And if someone who buys an iPhone (historically the most reliable, most well supported, and best reviewed smartphone there is) is a "guinea pig" then I wonder what that makes anyone who buys ANY other electronic device? There has yet to be any kind of significant hardware issue brought to light about the iPhone 6/6+, and it has no more issues than the 5S, so again, your comments are filthy lies, as usual. 

Quote:

Doesn't matter - It should just work- all the time.

How's fucking unicorn land up there? No device has "just worked ALL THE TIME", and no device ever will. To have such a naive, chilidish view as that is so stunningly pitiful, and evidence of your utter and complete imbecilic nature. As if a device with extremely complex software, hardware, and a near infinitely amount of use-case scenarios (like installing a thousand apps) will never have a single issue. What standards are you using, exactly?Is that a rule you just made up? Unfortunate that no product or company in the history of humankind will ever meet your ridiculous standards, derived from the filth of your trolling. Even the 6S. If you left your trolling basement once in a while, you'd realize how disconnected you are about everything. Those who have never accomplished anything, like you, find it so easy to tear everything down. 

• Reply 49 of 212
    Quote:

And this is why I only buy the "S" series. Thankful to you guinea pigs but sorry for your trevails.

What's a 'trevail'? :rolleyes:

• Reply 50 of 212
    This is great news!

Karma for buying a bendy phablet.

I'm so pleased it happened to the Plus and not the 6.
  • Reply 51 of 212
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    Quote:

Stop being a d**k.

• Reply 52 of 212
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

...in my experience pirates never even value the content enough to appreciate it.

That's because the parrot on their shoulder won't shut up, and the headband holding the eyepatch in place gets in the way of the earbuds. 

Ahoy, mateys!

• Reply 53 of 212
    sflocal wrote: »
    pazuzu wrote: »

Thanks for the advice.

Politeness is always welcome.

Pazuzu is the go-to man for the pulse of Apple.
  • Reply 54 of 212
    700 apps....who the hell needs 700 apps installed?
    anyways i got Windows 8.1 pro Global version key Original keys www.g2a.com/r/windowsglobal $33
  • Reply 55 of 212
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

And this is why I only buy the "S" series. 

This makes absolutely no sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

the 'S' model could have more limitations and issues simply from the internals having to be built around the same external design while the non-'S' models have the luxury of being designed fully without such constraints.

This does.

• Reply 56 of 212

This is interesting. 700 apps is ridiculous, but should still be stable.

Does anyone know of any architecture/organization differences between the 6 and the 6 Plus? This is a pretty cool bug, from a development standpoint. I wonder what the nature of the failure is (threading issue, memory leak, executing data as code, etc.).

• Reply 57 of 212
    Ok. I have a 6 plus. Yes.. I've had two restarts when in an APP since Monday's update.

Yes I have a large App library. No, not seven hundred. Since this happens when using an App it seems it's the App itself causing the crash.

I'm here to report first hand - The sky is NOT falling. Big deal. I will live...and so will most of you unless you go into cardiac arrest every time some glitch presents itself.

People.... Try and focus on something really earth shattering for a change.

Oh on another note.. Was at a Whole Foods Market using Apple Pay ... Store GM said and I quote "So far it's worked FLAWLESSLY since day one" - he also said Apple Techs were at all Whole Foods stores before launch..
  • Reply 58 of 212
    Wow AI did you just step in it? Ooh you are the FIRST tonight to break the news on this little nugget o nothingness. That means you can get ALL the clicks!

And tomorrow when all the other hacks start trumpeting this same story maybe the stock price will fall below 100 again.

Maybe I need to block all your ads. No, maybe I should just leave this stupid site.

Kudos to the one person here who reported specific experience with this. Apparently there are plausible scenarios for having 700 apps. Interesting. However, 60 responses on a support site about a problem that has been around for a couple years means this article here in AI is click-bait. I don't want to read click-bait.

I enjoy the forums here but I may have reached my limit for bullcrap. . Already refuse to click on most of Fortune, Forbes, Barron's and CNBC.

Back to MDN I guess. Bye.
  • Reply 59 of 212
    rogifan wrote: »
    Safari on iOS 8/8.1 sucks. Apple needs to get its shit together and get these things fixed.

This may seem strange, but I was getting SMS linked between my iPhone and iPad with 8.0. It doesn't seem to work with 8.1. There may be a setting, but I didn't have to find it with 8.0.

I'm not the only one who noticed this either.
  • Reply 60 of 212
    palomine wrote: »
    Wow AI did you just step in it? Ooh you are the FIRST tonight to break the news on this little nugget o nothingness. That means you can get ALL the clicks!

And tomorrow when all the other hacks start trumpeting this same story maybe the stock price will fall below 100 again.

Maybe I need to block all your ads. No, maybe I should just leave this stupid site.

Kudos to the one person here who reported specific experience with this. Apparently there are plausible scenarios for having 700 apps. Interesting. However, 60 responses on a support site about a problem that has been around for a couple years means this article here in AI is click-bait. I don't want to read click-bait.

I enjoy the forums here but I may have reached my limit for bullcrap. . Already refuse to click on most of Fortune, Forbes, Barron's and CNBC.

Back to MDN I guess. Bye.

You clicked, you read... And oh wait! You posted!

You contributed!