Apple's iPhone 6 Plus selling unexpectedly well as supply equalizes, says T-Mobile CEO

Comments

• Reply 21 of 58
    gigawire wrote: »
    solipsismx wrote: »
    Perhaps it needs to be reiterated if you don't understand that 12 months time is not some unfathomable timeframe in technology.

Really?  Do you not see that you are only restating the point I made?

Oh well, get your post count up...

Yeah, he gets paid by the post.

Talk about wasting time running up post counts..... (including, unfortunately, this one -- but it had to be done).
  • Reply 22 of 58
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

Way to bring up Android and its fans in an article that has nothing to do with either, or in other words, be a complete troll.

Hmm.. way to not read the article. It's the quote from John Legere, T-Mobile CEO, one who was interviewed for this article. :roll eyes:

• Reply 23 of 58
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

I remember all the criticism, abuse and derision leveled at Samsung for the Note.  Looks like it was unwarranted.

Phablets in general were declared a niche market by quite a few members.

• Reply 24 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

So Tallest Ski, you ready to take back your ultra-confident assertion that 6+ sales would only be a tiny fraction of 6 sales? You mocked me for suggesting that they would't be that far off. 

One of the things that amuses me about the the success of the 6 and 6+ is how smug and arrogant Tallest Skis and his ilk were when declaring how horrible an idea it would be for Apple to have a choice of different-sized iPhones, have iPhones any bigger than 4", etc. It's been clear as day that there is a sizable market for large phones, seeing as how the most successful Android phones, the Galaxy S's, have been 5" and larger for a couple generations now and the Galaxy Note series has been gaining more and more momentum with each generation.

• Reply 25 of 58
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddyRevell View Post

One of the things that amuses me about the the success of the 6 and 6+ is how smug and arrogant Tallest Skis and his ilk were when declaring how horrible an idea it would be for Apple to have a choice of different-sized iPhones, have iPhones any bigger than 4", etc. It's been clear as day that there is a sizable market for large phones, seeing as how the most successful Android phones, the Galaxy S's, have been 5" and larger for a couple generations now and the Galaxy Note series has been gaining more and more momentum with each generation.

I think that the only thing that has always been clear as day is that, "It's the OS, stupid!".

Apple's phones have always blown the competition out of the water regardless of size. How would you account for that?

So... it just goes to follow that if Apple built a larger phone then it expands Apple's target market. Don't forget... the 5S is still selling quite well.

I'm still waiting to see Cannacord's chart for the Big 4 for October and November (and beyond).

• Reply 26 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I think that the only thing that has always been clear as day is that, "It's the OS, stupid!".

Apple's phones have always blown the competition out of the water regardless of size. How would you account for that?

So... it just goes to follow that if Apple built a larger phone then it expands Apple's target market. Don't forget... the 5S is still selling quite well.

I'm still waiting to see Cannacord's chart for the Big 4 for October and November (and beyond).

No offense, but when I answer your posts, I feel like I'm explaining something to my five-year-old son. You seem to be stubbornly insisting that I believe that a new small iPhone would have either been a failure or less successful than the larger ones they actually released. That is so wrong, it's comical. I'm not saying that at all. What I AM saying is that some people here have insisted on incorrect notions like: 1. Apple would never release a larger-screen iPhone,  2. Apple would never make a selection of different-sized phones, and 3. Bigger-screen iPhones are a terrible idea because no one really wants them. Not sure why this is hard for you to comprehend.

• Reply 27 of 58
    sog35 wrote: »
    but, but, but, but, no one wants a big iPhone........

Sincerly
    Tallest Ski

I admit I am surprised by the strong sales of the Plus, but it only proves that Apple got it right. I do enjoy my iPhone 6, but I do miss the easy single-handed usability of the 5. And more than one non-upgrader has commented that my 6 looks like a Samsung phone (cringe + facepalm).
  • Reply 28 of 58
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

So Tallest Ski, you ready to take back your ultra-confident assertion that 6+ sales would only be a tiny fraction of 6 sales? You mocked me for suggesting that they would't be that far off. 

Give the guy a break, no one is perfect, I know some of his stuff is quite well ridiculous, but you ain't so great yourself mate! Perhaps you could have real pissing contest and see who reaches the furthest up the urinal wall. Hey we could even do it for charity, post the video on uTube and make some money for a good cause?

• Reply 29 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I admit I am surprised by the strong sales of the Plus, but it only proves that Apple got it right. I do enjoy my iPhone 6, but I do miss the easy single-handed usability of the 5. And more than one non-upgrader has commented that my 6 looks like a Samsung phone (cringe + facepalm).

You know what they say guys with large hands also have.....  perhaps you have small hands and can only handle a small iPhone?

• Reply 30 of 58
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

WRONG.

Look at the Note1.  It looks super fudgy and blocky and UGLY.  It wasn't just the size of the Note but also how BuTT UGLY it was.  The size just emphasized its FUDGYNESS.

Compare that to the beautiful 6+

Someone very recently posted the statistic that 86% of iPhone users have them in a case.  Perhaps the appearance isn't their top criteria.  But the issue I was addressing was that Samsung got it right and Apple has recognised that.  iPhones do tend to look very good indeed, and Samsung's, not so much, but that is a different topic.

• Reply 31 of 58
    Quote:

But, but, but, but all the sales numbers by Samdung were lies.....

That was Tallest Ski's go to comment.  But I knew Samdung was selling a ton of Phablets because I saw them EVERYWHERE.

I'm glad Apple isn't as stubborn as Tallest Ski.

small iPhone  -> small hands- > small diddly diddly

Therefore you could logically conclude  Tallest Ski and his cohorts have  small hmmmm hmmmm

• Reply 32 of 58
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddyRevell View Post

No offense, but when I answer your posts, I feel like I'm explaining something to my five-year-old son. You seem to be stubbornly insisting that I believe that a new small iPhone would have either been a failure or less successful than the larger ones they actually released. That is so wrong, it's comical. I'm not saying that at all. What I AM saying is that some people here have insisted on incorrect notions like: 1. Apple would never release a larger-screen iPhone,  2. Apple would never make a selection of different-sized phones, and 3. Bigger-screen iPhones are a terrible idea because no one really wants them. Not sure why this is hard for you to comprehend.

No offense? Comparing me to your 5 year old son?

You, sir, don't have to be a complete tool when answering posts.

• Reply 33 of 58
    paul94544 wrote: »
    You know what they say guys with large hands also have.....
    Uh... large gloves?
  • Reply 34 of 58
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Actually there is still a possibility he may be correct - in the long term.

May be correct in the long term = Is incorrect today.

Even more so in TS' case given how vehement he was about it and how he denigrated any opinion to the contrary.

• Reply 35 of 58
    paul94544 wrote: »
    You know what they say guys with large hands also have.....  perhaps you have small hands and can only handle a small iPhone?

My hands are average for an adult male. I can, for example, (and do occasionally) hold my iPad Air by grasping it by opposite edges with one hand, between the thumb and middle finger. But when I operating my iPhone 6 with one handed my thumb can't reach all parts of the screen, particularly the top. It's not a big deal. Just a minor compromise in convenience. I still think the iPhone 6 is great phone.
  • Reply 36 of 58
    Quote:

but, but, but, but, no one wants a big iPhone........

Sincerly

Tallest Ski

did you ever ban yourself over the lack of a new apple tv at the ipad event?

• Reply 37 of 58
    Apple should try to enjoy this momentary iPhone 6 success because down the road things will get really tough. Microsoft upcoming Lumia phones will shake up the smartphone industry. The chart shows that Lumia phones have enough prowess to dethrone iPhone. http://bit.do/plantos
  • Reply 38 of 58
    sog35 wrote: »
    Then your friends are as blind as bats.

No Samdung phone has a metal body and is as thin as the 6.

Heh, you remind me of a friend who calls people blind if they can't tell the difference between a Case IH and Kubota tractor. Most non-farmers would see "a red tractor".
  • Reply 39 of 58
    heliahelia Posts: 170member
    Quote:

"Your store without the iPhone in it is shit."

Hahah I like this guy :)

• Reply 40 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

No offense? Comparing me to your 5 year old son?

You, sir, don't have to be a complete tool when answering posts.

I admittedly have little patience for someone who quotes me then proceeds to twist the point I'm making into something else I didn't say. Having to break down my point into numbered steps to make you understand reminded me of the last time I had to explain something to my son. My apologies.