Apple Pay competitor CurrentC hacked, alerts pilot program participants of security breach

Comments

• Reply 21 of 232
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Tim, while in China...

"I've heard that there are some very good hackers in this country. If that's the case..."

LOL

Plus we know Alibaba is keen on ?Pay.
  • Reply 22 of 232
    technotechno Posts: 737member

I don't think this is what Tim Cook meant when he said "over the long arc of time."

• Reply 23 of 232
    sirlance99 wrote: »
    Google Wallet users have just as much at stake as Apple Pay users. I use both but know many people that use Google Wallet that are just as mad about this as Apple Pay users.

But to be fair, all 7 of you don't add up to a hill of beans ;)

just kidding ... I bet there are hundreds. :D
  • Reply 24 of 232
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    This is a "feature". Everyone wants their email addresses be filled with spam. /s
  • Reply 25 of 232
    Quote:

Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

Okay, the Apple-lover who did this, please raise your hand!

It may be some Google Wallet toting fellow who is pissed that he got cut off at Rite Aide and CVS because of this company. 

The timing is certainly wonderful. These retailers have to be thinking "what in the world have we done".

• Reply 26 of 232
    ceek74ceek74 Posts: 324member

Three words...Perfect Timing!

• Reply 27 of 232
    jungmark wrote: »
    This is a "feature". Everyone wants their email addresses be filled with spam. /s

I think the Android app store has an app for that ... its called Android.
  • Reply 28 of 232
    ceek74 wrote: »
    Three words...Perfect Timing!

close ... :D
  • Reply 29 of 232
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

But to be fair, all 7 of you don't add up to a hill of beans image

just kidding ... I bet there are hundreds. image

I get that you are joking (somewhat) and understand the Google jokes/hate but this is one area where both Apple and Google users are united for the same fight. Let's lay down grudges for just this one battle and fight together. 

• Reply 30 of 232
    techno wrote: »
    I don't think this is what Tim Cook meant when he said "over the long arc of time."

but he was talking about ?Time. :D
  • Reply 31 of 232
    I get that you are joking (somewhat) and understand the Google jokes/hate but this is one area where both Apple and Google users are united for the same fight. Let's lay down grudges for just this one battle and fight together. 

Agreed but once we jointly slay that dragon the gloves come of OK? Here's your lance, after you ... ;)
  • Reply 32 of 232

That is pretty hilarious. Now imagine if CurrentC was in use and they had all of your bank account information, SSN, etc. This is a warning of a huge pending disaster waiting to happen when this service goes live next year. 

• Reply 33 of 232
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member

Let's be honest here, Google wallet has been around for awhile. CurrentC didn't deem them a threat. Apple Pay comes along and they are scared.
  • Reply 34 of 232

The timing is quite nice, now that MCX has said publicly there will be no fines for leaving the consortium. This may scare off some retailers.

I like how they are relieved it was just e-mail addresses. I think they fail to realize that those e-mail addresses are used to log into the service and, with targeted brute force attacks such as seen in the celebrities photo scandal, can uncover the data eventually.

• Reply 35 of 232
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... *deep intake of breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Reply 36 of 232
    boltsfan17 wrote: »
    That is pretty hilarious. Now imagine if CurrentC was in use and they had all of your bank account information, SSN, etc. This is a warning of a huge pending disaster waiting to happen when this service goes live next year. 

I seriously wonder if it will in fact ever launch now. I would suspect there are some very serious discussions going on right now. This won't help for sure.
  • Reply 37 of 232
    jungmark wrote: »
    Let's be honest here, Google wallet has been around for awhile. CurrentC didn't deem them a threat. Apple Pay comes along and they are scared.
    Right and of course most people didn't even know it was around.
  • Reply 38 of 232
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member
    BOYCOTT CURRENT C
  • Reply 39 of 232
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Agreed but once we jointly slay that dragon the gloves come of OK? Here's your lance, after you ... image

Fair enough. Although, I use all platforms for testing, so I don't really care about the fighting between to two side. I do care about this story big time as I believe it's wrong in so many ways.

• Reply 40 of 232
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

I'll give you that Apple did a great job at promoting Apple Pay. It's a fantastic system that I really enjoy using. Although, when I go to Walgreens to use Apple Pay, I see on the NFC POS a Google Wallet logo with "Pay using Google Wallet". I don't see anything about Apple Pay.