Apple's iOS 8 adoption finally breaks 50% nearly 6 weeks after launch

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55
    pt123pt123 Posts: 696member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JONOROM View Post

Could it be that iOS 7 is simply "good enough?" Scary thought.

The scary thought is no going back from IOS 8 to iOS 7 after upgrading. It would be nice is the Apple store had older hardware running iOS 8 to try out.

• Reply 42 of 55
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member

"Finally" breaks 50%.  How long does it take a new release of Android to reach 50%?

• Reply 43 of 55
    maltamalta Posts: 78member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post

"Finally" breaks 50%.  How long does it take a new release of Android to reach 50%?

So Android is now the benchmark by which all Apple products are measured? Interesting.

Negative thing about Apple? Go to response is "but android". Does that help the pill go down?

If Apple is the "leader" I would figure you would want to measure against the leader?

• Reply 44 of 55
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by malta View Post

So Android is now the benchmark by which all Apple products are measured? Interesting.

Negative thing about Apple? Go to response is "but android". Does that help the pill go down?

If Apple is the "leader" I would figure you would want to measure against the leader?

No.  My point is that you have to keep it in perspective.  Let's say a boxer consistently knocks out opponents in the first or second round.  Then, one day, it takes him until the fifth round.  It's silly to start saying "Wow, it looks like he's not doing so well."  It's ridiculous, even.  By any reasonable measure, 50% adoption of a new OS in less than 2 months is pretty amazing, especially since there are a lot of devices iOS 8 can't run on.  I still have an iPhone 4 that I use as a bedside clock, and iOS 8 can't run on it.  Granted, my 6 Plus has 8.1, but I also have an iOS device that can't run 8.

I think there are people who just need silly stuff to freak out about.  "OMG!  iOS 8 took 6 weeks to reach 50% of all iOS devices!"  Oh, brother.  I love the internet, but it sure does seem to turn adults into children.

• Reply 45 of 55
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

How long did it take for iOS 7 to hit 50%?

If it's happening with all your devices you might want to 1) see if there is a firmware update for your router, 2) see if you can put the router in a position so it doesn't get "2 bars" anywhere in your home, which could mean a repeater or new router, and/or 3) reset the network settings on one of your devices to see if that resolves any odd issue.

I personally haven't experienced that with my iPhone but I have experienced slow WiFi on my MBP on Yosemite which also shows 802.11n when everything in the house is now 802.11ac. Toggling it off/on on my MBP resolves the issue, but that's not really germane to this thread.

I'm considering to get Airport Express to see if this goes away. It's freaking annoying. I know for sure it's iOS8.1...just 2 hrs before all devices were okay with 8.0.2 and right after upgrading, my wife yelled at me for her streaming movie being frozen. All my firmware on router are up to date. I reset networks, routers and all kind activities I could do...but sh.t is still there. So I had to use the second router as a repeater, but that resulted in my connection speed drop. I'm pissed now.

If Apple won't fix this soon, I can see the fragmentation coming: iOS 8, 7, 6 and others.

• Reply 46 of 55
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    2oh1 wrote: »

And how is that relevant?
  • Reply 47 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

If you look at Soli's his is formatted the same way, tag in place of location. There's a few of us with those.

My question was more if you knew the meaning, my bad for calling it location, sorry 'bout that. The words intrigued me for some reason.

Your bad what?

• Reply 48 of 55
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
  • Reply 49 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ex iPhone Owner View Post

This site is a joke. Less than three weeks ago, you wrote an article stating how iOS 8 was on target to be the fastest adopted iOS yet. I pushed you on it, saying that you were not reporting facts based on the numbers. You ignored it; now, you post an article stating that iOS has finally hit 52% after stagnating... **** this site with your cesspool of incorrect/false postings!  

Grammar and spelling fixed.

• Reply 50 of 55
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member

Your bad what?

It's ok to be a pedant but ignorance is a sin. ;)
  • Reply 51 of 55
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Actually I expect that last part should have been "**** this site; you're a cesspool of incorrect/false posting!" (So just a your/you're mix-up with a missing semicolon or period.)  But you're right that having "you" represent "this site" is awkward.  "It's" would be better.  Also, there is no need to add a comma after now in "now, you post an article stating that iOS has..."

• Reply 52 of 55
    malax wrote: »

Actually I expect that last part should have been "**** this site; you're a cesspool of incorrect/false posting!" (So just a your/you're mix-up with a missing semicolon or period.)  But you're right that having "you" represent "this site" is awkward.  "It's" would be better.  Also, there is no need to add a comma after now in "now, you post an article stating that iOS has..."

Grumble. You may be right about that comma.
  • Reply 53 of 55
    Still on 7.1.2! Probably will not uprade from here on for my iPad Mini Retina. I been usung a lot of Apple mobile devices and once you start the upgrade cycle; with each upgrade, you device is slower.
  • Reply 54 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by frantisek View Post

Please, could you post some more interesting data? like Share of ios8 on devices that are capable of that, the same for ios 7. Those statistic are useless.

And adoption rate graph also disappeared probably because it is slower then ios 7.

Lame journalism.

For those interested I will answer myself:

Such statistic is not helpful too much. Look at:  

https://www.fiksu.com/resources/ios_8_tracker or

http://david-smith.org/iosversionstats/  

where you get even adoption on per device basis. iPod touch 5G/iPad mini users are biggest iOS 8 fans and iPhone 4s not so much (not surprising).

• Reply 55 of 55

OK - how many of you have updated to the latest version? My keyboard issues seems to be improving.