'Disney Movies Anywhere' gets Android app, ushers in cross-platform movie purchasing

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

Ugh, no thanks. iTunes movie purchases involve less friction. The whole point of digital content (for me) is to eliminate the storage and space requirements of owning physical media. I haven't purchased a CD in many years thanks to iTunes. And my AppleTV doesn't even store any content--I can stream and watch my iTunes movie and TV purchases any time without having to think about "free disk space." It's just there and waiting for me to press play.

Uhh... Not sure if you know this, but all disney discs include itunes digital copies (as does fox, universal, and paramount). Essentially WB, Sony, lionsgate, and a few small ones are Uv only.

In fact, I have 596 itunes movies and 14 Tv seasons and have never bought one directly through iTunes. There are sites where you can simply buy the codes or they're from movies I own and bought. But you enjoy your $15-$20 movies, I'll enjoy my $1-$2 ones. ;)

Disney is doing what all studios wish UV was. A platform independent digital movie service that they have complete and utter control over. This Is just further proof how disney is leaps and bounds more intelligent than the other studios
  • Reply 22 of 22
    you know, luke skywalker could of slashed the sail barge gun in half. he didn't have to point it at the deck to murder Max Rebo, and Tessek, who was Jabba the Hutt's accountant. where is our special special edition that shows Max Rebo getting off the sail barge safely before it explodes?

i think the fact that luke skywalker murdered those people rules out the whole han solo/greedo incident