New Mac Site Needs Feedback!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.themacaddress.com"; target="_blank">http://www.themacaddress.com</a>;

Like it? Don't like it?

Please give any constructive comments.

Should it have a forum? Should it have less/more graphics? Would you visit it? If not, what could be added/removed that would change your mind?

[ 03-03-2002: Message edited by: NoahJ ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    I've had a quick look and I like it. No link to AI though?!

J :cool:
  • Reply 2 of 10
    i get a script error (IE6 on XP professional). I think it's to do with the platform detection script. It works fine after I dismiss the error though. Looks very nice.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    [quote]Originally posted by bawjaws:

<strong>i get a script error (IE6 on XP professional). I think it's to do with the platform detection script. It works fine after I dismiss the error though. Looks very nice.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Looks as though you are right. (I have the same setup here at work) I will see if there is anything that can be done about it. I never saw it because I had previously told IE6 to not show me those errors on a different site. Thanks for the feedback so far everyone.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    seems nice...

but what distinguishes it from other mac sites like MacSlash (more nerdy ok) or MacNN, Maccentral, etc etc?

10.1.3 w/ Explorer had no troubles with it
  • Reply 5 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by ZO:

<strong>seems nice...

but what distinguishes it from other mac sites like MacSlash (more nerdy ok) or MacNN, Maccentral, etc etc?

10.1.3 w/ Explorer had no troubles with it</strong><hr></blockquote>

Nothing yet. That is why I am asking for feedback. I am not looking to replace websites, at least not at first. I am merely looking to complement them and give people more choices. (Of course no one would visit if the site sucked, so I am working to make it not suck. ) For now, consider it YAMS (Yet another Mac Site) But we hope to make it different when we go for full launch. You will see what I mean as time goes on.

Any suggestions on how to make it better? Or is it good as is?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    We are planning to put together something with another mac site that has been offline for a bit. You should be hearing more about this in the next few weeks. Also, we may be putting a forum together soon. For now though I would really appreciate any more feedback. The site can't be perfect (or can it?)
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Need another article writer/someone on staff? I would be happy to...
  • Reply 8 of 10
    We are willing to accept writers who are interested as the site will need updated content in order to stay viable. So, sure.

Content suggestions are also accepted. If you would like to see an article on something feel free to submit your suggestions.

We are looking to make the site a community of sorts. Forums are on the radar screen as a hangout, but for the now most of it is jsut on the news pages. Youcan post your opinions of the different articles. Make suggestions. Download a screensaver, and a folder background. And much more. Stop on in and look around. Read the content and make suggestions. Lots of suggestions! After all, the whole point is that it is your site.

BTW, the site is not going to be mac exclusive just mac centric, if you have a PC story you would like to post or see they will be allowed as well.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    What I would like to know is

A) What kind of server it is on

B) How your news/comment system works (and which one it is)

The site looks pretty good, although the graphics on the sides could use some touching up.

Kewl.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Sorry to be negative, but I think it's a bit futile to try to open a new mac page like yours. The net is already polluted with them.

The only way to succeed is to offer something different or of better quality than other sites. I don't currently see that on your page.