Microsoft's Surface Pro stunt fails as CNN election commentators stick to iPads

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 95
    Hilarious!
  • Reply 82 of 95
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Daniel's gonna love this one:

NFL player Jay Cutlet calls Surface tablets "knockoff iPads".

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24753847/jay-cutler-calls-microsoft-surface-tablets-knockoff-ipads

Hahaha!!! Please add this one to the arsenal Mr. Dilger.
  • Reply 83 of 95
    Ana Navarro never even look at the Surface Pro 3 display! She used her iPad Mini and then placed it on the Surface Pro 3 to use as a stand! LOL1 Talk about money down the drain and kick in the guts! LOL! Apple got free positive P.R. at the expense of Microsoft - again(NFL).
  • Reply 84 of 95
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

They aren't going to unseat the iPad. When there's an established product in a market, a new arrival has to be a *lot* better or people will just keep using what they're used to. I can see Microsoft trying for many years and getting close, but I can't see them ever get a *lot* better than the iPad. Apple is no slouch about updates.

• Reply 85 of 95
    xusiaxusia Posts: 15member
    Another article by Dirk Digler void of any facts. I'll take the word of the actual CNN commentator over the fantasy writings of Dirk E Digler.
    [IMG]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/52052/width/200/height/400[/IMG]
  • Reply 86 of 95
    shsfshsf Posts: 302member

Well, it's a kickstand innit? Finally some people are putting it to good use.

Let's face it MS makes some of the best stands on the globe, and they throw in a computer for free too, just in case you 've left your iPad in your car and it's too late for you to get arsed to get it.

• Reply 87 of 95
    fracfrac Posts: 480member
    pdwm wrote: »
    Yes, there is a TV prog in the UK called "New Tricks" that used to have Apple MacBooks but the logo was covered by a sticker. Also seen it in other progs. But Dell and others were/are never covered over. I wonder why?
    I noticed that too.
    Earlier this year I wrote to the BBC Trustees asking questions about product placement. The reply was dissembling in general, covered by 'general policy of Equality of Opportunity'??
    I wrote back to ask why then, we're Toshiba logos prominently displayed on newsreaders laptops but that Apple
    laptop logos were so obviously shielded? To which they replied "We have no specific commercial arrangement with any one computer manufacturer". Which is not what I asked. I wrote again..."We have no further statement"
    To which I can only conclude that, yes, they do have a policy and no, we are not going to tell you the details and we reserve the right to act in a quixotic manner because we can...we're the BBC.
    I had to laugh when they showed some scientists at work on the Hadron Collider -all the engineers were using MacBooks but if a screen was shown, they managed to never show, even once, the MacBook name below the screen or the OSX menubar.
    Snake oil salesman behaviour.
  • Reply 88 of 95
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MagMan1979 View Post

You mention several reasons why Windows is so poor, and I agree with all of them. In fact, if I had the time, I could add MANY "issues" to that list.

What perplexes me, is why you actually went out and bought one of those hunks of junk? Do yourself a favour and get a MacBook Air or Pro, you'll thank me, and your sanity will cheer you on.

In 2009 I bought an HP machine running Vista as a spare and to use web sites that only accepted Internet Exploder input. Believe it or not, back then some corporate sites only worked well with it. It is probably still true today. Corporations don't update things unless they are broken. Of course people using other browsers and different operating systems might just consider IE broken by default.

Since Vista I have sworn off using Microsux Windoz or buying any of their machines. My new touch screen laptop runs Chrome OS. My old HP now runs GNU/Linux/Elementary (for now). It will be switched to LXLE once I get familiar with Chrome OS. I must have two stable machines at all times just in case one breaks or messes up.

• Reply 89 of 95
    frac wrote: »
    I noticed that too.
    Earlier this year I wrote to the BBC Trustees asking questions about product placement. The reply was dissembling in general, covered by 'general policy of Equality of Opportunity'??
    I wrote back to ask why then, we're Toshiba logos prominently displayed on newsreaders laptops but that Apple
    laptop logos were so obviously shielded? To which they replied "We have no specific commercial arrangement with any one computer manufacturer".

Translation, Apple didn't send us any money for the "arrangment" we suggested.
  • Reply 90 of 95
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    These commentators should be sued for not using the iPad-like tools!!

What a waste of money!!
  • Reply 91 of 95
    xsmixsmi Posts: 139member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Amhran View Post

My guess would be yes

I don't know if they do now, but in the 1990's Apple did NOT pay for product placement. Many director/producer types just put Apple products in their films. This came up during the film Independence Day! Apple didn't pay product placement although Jeff Goldblum an Apple spokesman at the time starred in the film.

• Reply 92 of 95
    nick29nick29 Posts: 111member
    Double facepalm for advertising on a dead TV network
  • Reply 93 of 95
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    I spotted 3 Surfaces and one piano black tablet that looked quite chubby. Could have been iPad in cover I haven't seen yet, or something like extinct HP TouchPad. Naturally chubby and piano black.

Either way, that is one against 3. I would expect that Surfaces are set to show live streams of election data, and person is using mysterious tablet for something else. Tweet, FB, email, txt, Angry Birds.

I'm failing to see how is this such an important and triumphant news.
  • Reply 94 of 95
    I had forgotten just how narrow minded the iSheep are. As to the Surface Pro 3 it is doing just fine! I figure it is only a matter of time before Apple with convert the MacBook Air into some morphed version of the Surface Pro 3 or maybe even try to follow through with the 12" iPad with that half baked OS. To bad it can't run anything more than simple apps. Well simple devices for simple minds.
  • Reply 95 of 95

Nothing like a bunch of iSheep who believe the iPad is the best that is out there.  Well the Surface Pro 3 put the iPad to shame.  I know because I have both, a second gen. IPad.  It doesn't even hold a candle to what the Surface Pro 3 can do.  So just keep on talking trash, then when Apple has to produce that CRapple device (12" iPad Pro) to try and win back consumers that left for something that could actually perform work (CAD, Software development, Database development, etch).  You will find your iPad's OS is  a little sub par.  Also, an app does not, in any way, compare to what a full fledge software application can perform.  I have apps and full application, nothing truncated to perform mediocre actions.  Knock the Surface all you want, but when it comes down to it, unless you actually have used one, you have no room to talk.